Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
10 Months Tomorrow

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

10 Months Tomorrow

Although I AM very excited about being 10 months clean tomorrow, I'm posting TODAY because I'll be on the road all day Saturday and won't have a chance to get to the forum.
This last month has been very tough, both personally and forum-related, however, the joy of each clean day enables me to handle the good and the bad. Life, huh...What are you gonna do?
And man, is my head working overtime...This is the latest "plan" that's popped in to my addict's mind.
I have a friend who has lots of meds; he's the one that I've mentioned before, one of those people who use as directed for pain management only, and has been doing so for almost 11 years! What a weirdo. Anyway, he's out a lot - doctor appointment and the like. So, my head says to me, "Why don't you get his house key when you visit him again, go pick up a meal, and then stop by the hardware store and have the key duplicated??!!! Then you could drop by whenever he's out and take his meds!!!"  Superb!!   I amaze myself sometimes.
So, needless to say, I told my wife and my friend about my idea; they both laughed (I guess it was funny) and said that I had a sick, yet humorous mind.  The NA groups also got a kick out of my plan; a lot of shaking of heads. Then, various members set out to top my story, and many did, hands down.
  Just thought I'd share. Not too embarrassing.
Hi Kyle, congratulations on your 10 months! That is awesome. You deserve so much credit, you add so much to this forum, you give amazing advice to people. I wish you the best in your continued sobriety, I know you have worked really hard. All the best to you.
Congratulations... I hear you on the Addict Mind.  What a bad neighborhood to wander around in!!!          kk
Yeah - our addiction doesn't have much of an ego does it??  And I know mine had NO self-respect either, that's for damn sure.

OK but now seriously, kyle - most importantly here - CONGRATS on the 10 months.  Well done my friend!

And be proud of yourself.  You earned this.
congratulations on 10 months!  And thanks for such honesty.  I had a werido addict thought randomly pop in my head last weekend too, and I have been feeling kinda bad about it.  I was visiting my grandma in hospice & the nurse left vicodin on a countertop and for a split second I went into a daydream about taking it and making up a story for when she came back.  It just goes to show how we must always stay on top of this. Keep moving forward!
Congratulations Kyle, 10 months is an awesome milestone and, of course, it means you're only two month from a real big one! New Years Day?
That's incredible!  CONGRATS!  Treat yourself to something nice, you deserve it!!  You do so much for people here, you are an inspiration!!!
                                                 All right!    
                                       FANFRICKINTASTIC!  

You are a hardcore dude, I like how you command respect when you walk into a room, keep it up.
i like your plan, i'll give you my brother-inlaws address
Heh kyle,congratulations on your clean time!!!    It is good to hear other addicts have these thoughts even after withdrawal is long over.I will give you my dope fiend story.I know my neighbor keeps his pills locked in his truck (because his roommates steal them) So i am walking by and see him stashing pills under his seat.A couple hours later i am looking out the window wondering if he left his truck unlocked.I know its locked he always locks it.Then i am thinking of ways to break his window out my heart started racing i could almost feel the warm and fuzzys.Only lasted a couple minutes but still sick thinking.Thanks kyle!!!
Now it's obvious how you are able to be so honest with others.....because you are so honest with yourself!!!  What's "in there" comes out.. LOL!
(like the Prego sauce commercial.....IT'S IN THERE!")

You and Vicki were the first two I noticed in particular when I found this forum at almost 60 days clean.  I can say that you left "permanent grooves" in my record.  

Many times I find myself talking to my hubby about a situation on here and I'll say "see, that's why "Kyle says"....(don't get a big head on me tho' (ha)
You have NO IDEA the seeds you are planting.  I know I tell you that all the time.....but you really don't!!
How they get watered and grow is not the deal......planting them is.

Your 10 months tomorrow is DELIGHTFUL!  You have worked hard, you
have done what you suggest others do, you recognize your own BS, you share that when you do, I/we are helped so much by your presence.

And I still need to tell ya, I like "the bike" better than "the Beatles" LOL!

Have a blessed day tomorrow.......whatever you do.....and be sure to CELEBRATE YOU!!!

Connie~  
Way to go Kyle on 10 months- that is awesome!!  Go treat yourself to something nice!  Great addict mind-I have to learn how to put all that creativity to good use-wow!! Keep it up; so proud of you ;-)
Congrats Kyle on 10 months!  I so appreciate your honesty.  You are who you are and you dont hide behind it.  Take the good with the bad here and take what you need and leave the rest.  Dont ever give your power away~
Congrats and best wishes Kyle! I owe so much to you! I'm so very sorry things have been tough lately!  In the last 24 hours I've learned alot about my fellow human beings, and most of it hasn't been pretty, in fact, it's been downright shameful!  It would have been so easy for me to reach for pills to cope with the hurt and disappointment! But, I didn't do that! Do you know why? BECAUSE I DIDN'T HAVE ANY ACCESS! Yes, my friend, you told me this and I have heard you repeat it, or something similar, many many times! (smile) I thank you, and I appreciate you! Please stay with us, as I believe this place and world needs more people like you!

Take care, I wish you much happiness, and of course, all the best!
Congrats Kyle 10 months is pretty amazing.

Sonrissa, I think that smile is more like a sheepish grin.
Hey kyle, nice work on 10 months. I really appreciate you. You are as brutally honest with yourself as you are with others. Very humble, very admirable. I'm so glad you are here with us, and never hesitate to embrace the truth. I love your stories that express the genius of addiction insanity. Congrats on doing the next thing right, that's what makes it funny. As you know, in a matter of seconds,  life could become a tragic comedy. Thanks for sharing.
That's wonderful Kyle...you set a wonderful example of what it means to pay it forward and help others. Congrats.
Congratulations kyle!!!! Good job on 10 months! !! I have read alot of things u post and i must tht ur posts are one of the few i always remember. U have a way of getting ur point across and not sugar coating anything( this is a great thing!) U do soo much for the ppl hear and for tht i thank u. The addict mind is a very creative thing. I was once trying to find a way to get money and the thoughts raced all day and the one tht stuck was going to visit family and saying i had to use the bathroom and taki g their jewlery to sell it. This was right at my rock bottom tho i never did it i still felt like a terrible person bc i think i would have if things worked out different tht day. I was NEVER one to steal or lie amd when i started using all i did was lie and towards the end i was stealing off my mother or borrowing money from family saying it was for other things so glad i got a grip on myself and got clean and its all thanks to u and the wonderful ppl here!!!! Today i am 90 days clean!. Again congrats and do something to celebrate yourself being such an amazing person! !!!!!
Congrats Kyle!

I started this journey with you and had a fall not too long ago.
I am here to do it again and I will get it this time!

Thank you for your honesty and most importantly, being here for us all.
You are such an asset to this forum.

2 months and you'll be celebrating a huge Birthday!  Way to go!!!
Congrats on the 10 months, totally fantastic.  Be safe on the road out there today.  And I can totally relate to your story, worse then that has crossed my mind, but I will leave it out for now in such a uplifting post!

Bryan
Thanks to all. Just got to hotel. A quick note to say thanks.
Always proud of you...xoxo
Good going man