Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
10 days clean

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

10 days clean

10 days clean everyone. Wanted to give you all a term to research: Opiod Induced Hyperalgesia. It's pain caused by being on opiates too long. The brain short circuits the limbic system. I'm a pain management patient and I can vouch that my pain is actually less than when I was on the drugs. The brain becomes addicted easily and quickly to the opiate, then when you miss a dose,it starts "screaming" in pain (whatever your pain is) for the drug. Once you are off of them, the pain most likely will reduce significantly. Just returned from rehab and pain management and learned a lot about this. Please research it for yourselves, anyone who is addicted or "dependent".
I'm so proud of you. You just made my weekend! I'm thrilled that your pain is less now. Very, very good news. Please, treat yourself well! Congrats on getting over the fear & just doing it. As much as you didn't like the detox place, I think it was the way to go.

So, any plans for your aftercare? Any thoughts? Again, a big Hi-Five to you, my friend!
Great job on day 10!  Thanks also for sharing about the Pain and using alternatives to pain rather than drugs.  
Opiod Induced Hyperalgesia. Thanks for the info. Congratulations on your 10 days clean!!! Keep it going, embrace it and live life to the fullest!
I am so glad to hear that things are going well, my friend. Congratulations on your 10 days! :) You are doing this! How are you feeling, pain wise?
Congrats! That is amazing! I wish you happiness, great health with your new clean life!

Belle
Congrats...Ten days is an excellent foundation on which to build life long recovery. Be sure to do the work, ie, cut sources, tell your secret, and get after care. Now on to day 20...
K
Congratulations on 10 days!  You have worked hard for this - so, so happy for you!  Keep it up and think about a plan for after care so you can protect and enjoy this well deserved sobriety for the rest of your life :)  
Congratulations on 10 days!!   You had a sneaky suspicion the pills were causing physical symptoms of pain, not to mention the mental anguish of being a slave to the drugs.  Now it's confirmed.   Let's protect your clean time, and start building a framework of aftercare so we never let our guard down.

By the way: Flushing your remaining pills was a HUGE accomplishment.   You're going to do this!!   Keep posting. :)
Congrads to you that is a awesome accomplishment!!!! keep up the good work im hoping one day to be able to get off opiants as well im currently using percs and fent patchs 50mcg ive come off of oxys etc and its a struggle
Oh my....I took a picture of them in the toilet :) and my 10 year old was playing with my phone and asked me "what's THAT mom?". Never knew I could tap dance a lie so quickly......

Anyway, aftercare, I feel pretty bad still. Very, very weak and fatigued. I take Neurontin at night so fortunately I sleep. But, I am very happy with where my pain level is. The bear is still in there, and every once in a while he moves a bit, but he's not screaming at me full blast like he was so I'm a happy camper.

I have to confess that I feel so weak that if I had the demonic pills in my house I'd be tempted to take one, just for the energy so I could get things done. My good friend, WalkTall, was merciless in his insistence that I throw them away and he was right. Thanks, WT.  Your turn is next, and I will be praying for you and your lovely wife every day.