10 days off Hydrocodone
All:  The fatigue is trying my patience.  Its been 10 days.  Withdrawal is over.  Been through some hardcore W/Ds in the past from oxy, methadone, morphine, etc abuse.  I can get up and go to work now and I'm committed to ending this madness.  I've already done the quit, then restart the abuse circle a number of times.  I always end up in the same place.  So, the question is......(drumroll)

Do I need to do the 5HTP, B6, L-tryosine, zinc replacement therapy or do I just need to tough it out.  I abused pills hard core for the last 5 years but tapered down to 20 -30 mg of hydrocodone before this last attempt.  I don't have RLS but I do still have sleep problems and I really detest the fatigue.  I make sure to have a spare set of clothes in the care just in case I forget the immodium.  For you "been there, done that folks", whats my next step?
Hi~ As far as doses go...There should be dosing instructions on the sides of those bottles of vitamins and aminos. The print is small.
V.
Hey bud congrats on 10 days awesome. I will tell you this though your energy will come back natral energy not one cozed by taking a pill. I have fought a 13 year heroin addiction and when i went cold trukey i never slept or had any energy for two weeks but when i got to two weeks i slept for three days and when i woke up i did not have to drag my body to get up. It was like all my natural energy returned. I think it takes different ppl different times for there energy to come back. Every w/d is not the same after my physical w/d i had to deal with a lot of guilt the mental side of my addiction, what im saying is its different w/ds for different ppl the last thing to leave me was rls just know the longer we are clean the more our bodies get back to normal. You have done a great job thus far keep on going and all things will get back to normal it does get better it really does ,,,,James
just take the dose that is on the bottle and that should work just fine and for the l-tyrosine you can take up to 2000 mg but i would start at 1000 and go up or down from there because it can make you jittery if you take to much

Good Luck and Godspeed

ABritt
and i would also really try to find b12 cause that is one of the main ones i would take to help with energy
All is still good.  Still on track.  Starting to feel a bit better.  14 days now I think.  It's been about 4 years of serious usage and I was wondering if I would ever feel better.  Where I'm at now is very tolerable.  I have ups and downs but I'm delighted with where I am.
Thanks to all of you for your support and kind words!
Glad to know you are still on track!  Keep us posted.
All is still good.  Still on track.  Starting to feel GREAT.  15 days now.
Congrats!  Keep it up!  Glad you are doing well and feeling great.  It gets better! : )
Just got a phone call from one of my "people" who said he had some "treats".  I told them I was done and that it felt great to be free!!  I see this as an essential part of the process, breaking those lines of supply.
Thank you for this post.  I ran out of pills a few days ago and have been scraping together what I could to get by, but I still have almost 2 weeks to go before my prescription can be refilled.  After reading about how great you are feeling now after 15 days, I think I can do it too.  
Proud of you.  That was a HUGE step and a very hard one!  Tell your "people" to leave you alone! LOL  : )

Are you going to NA or seeing any kind of therapist?
My current wife is a clinical therapist.  haha.  I know that doesn't count.  I have a therapist I've been seeing for about 20+ years.  If I felt the need I have her to assist, but I'm really, really intent on doing this myself.  I have some sense of the underlying problems that make me prone to substance abuse.  I understand that I need to address those or failure is likely.  I have plenty of experience with what happens if I return to using  and I have a committment to my current wife, who has been there for me through 2+ years of some nasty stuff.  But this is my problem and I intend on doing the work necessary for success.
Another day ok!
Day 18.  Another hurdle overcome.  fought with the wife. A classic scenario that I would use to start "using" again.  I just decided that I'm not going there.  I don't what to have to do this again.  I'm feeling a little better each day.  It's not a lot better, just a little bit, a little bit at a time.  But the cumulative effort is amazing.  I can get up and go to work without pills.  I can do work around the house and plan fun time with my friends, all without pills.  It's the first time in 5 years that I can say that.  I own much of that to people here who kept reassurring me that I would actually feel better someday.  Thanks to all of you.  And to all that are trying to get their lives back, hang in there.  It does suck, but the reward is worth it.
day 20, still clean
Three weeks clean!!
Great! I look forward to the day I can claim the same..Keep that positive energy flowing..Sounds really nice!
Still here, still clean.  Lots of ups and downs.
Over 3 weeks - you are doing great!  Keep it up!
Way to go!! Are you doing aftercare? It`s a must if you want to stay clean in my opinion. Im starting NA meetings again and am seeing a counsellor. (Although will be looking for a new one, I don`t feel comfortable with the current one and so the search continues)
I think you should be really proud of yourself!!! WAY TO GO!!
Still good!  Another day of the future.
Hanging in there.  All is good.  I will not be denied my freedom!
Way to go Pillguy!  Still hanging in there staying strong!!!!!  You got a great attitude, keep it up my friend.
Your progress gives hope
Two more days and I'm 4 weeks clean.  
No cravings.  I'm surprised by that.
4 weeks.  Today has been my first nearly normal day since I quit.  Yeehaa!!
Whooo Hoooo congrats on 4 weeks!
Hi~  4 weeks is wonderful,huh?  Good for you!! Glad you're feeling nearly normal !

Vicki
Well, you're probably tired of my daily updates but... this is my 1 month anniversary.  All of you have helped me so much by encouraging me to stay the course and reassuring me that things will gradually get back to normal.  THANKS!  I recognize the nature of the battle, that its for the rest of my life, but that's just fine.  The rewards are worth it.  I've come to realize the delusions that come with the abuse, that I had more energy, that I got more done, that I felt better.  These things, in retrospect, simply weren't true.  I love my new life.  I get up in the morning without my little helper and know, "this is real life".  I'm good with real life.  Thanks Again!
Congratulations to you on 1 month!  I don't think anybody gets tired of reading such encouraging news!  You are doing great!  Keep it up!
I admire your progress and determination.  Thank You for sharing your story .. it is possible.
Well, a little over a month now.  By the way, it's been 2 weeks off cigs.  I had intense urges to smoke anytime I took a drug that affected dopamine levels.  I've had no cravings for narcotics but have had some cravings for cigs lately.  I think that's probably a good thing, indicating my dopamine balance is moving towards a more 'normal' range.  This seems like a good time to look at any habit that affects overall health, not just narcotics.  Everyone, have a great weekend and good luck with your challenges!
Last month, when I ran out 3 weeks before my next refill (shame-shame) I just about skipped withdrawls entirely and had the energy of superman when I took a diet pill called Cylaris. It has a bunch of green tea and vitamins. It was pretty unreal until I ran out of that. They don't sell it in stores near me anymore. It was something I had in my cabinet to help me lose weight but I got pregnant so I didn't take it then. I tried Kim and Khloe Kardashian's Quick Trim yesterday- I hope I can return it. The fatigue is an obstacle and you sound strong willed...if you think you don't need it, don't take it. But I figure if it's psychological- I may as well take vitamins to 'feed the need' like a cigarette smoker...hand to mouth thing....oh, last month while taking cylaris, I was also taking 5HTP 100mg twice a day. It was like skipping all the w/d and becoming supernatural. Even my partner noticed how chipper and energetic I was during our down time...might be worth the try...I mean it wasn't like meth or anything...no palpitations either. Just a little easier and motivated to do things...and actually, not as painful to get up in the morning...I have an infant and have to get up several times and wasn't ever grouchy! Just happy to see her beautiful face smiling at me at 2 in the morning  :-)
Dear Pillguy, I'm so sorry for your lost. I feel like an a$$ because I didn't see all these updated posts! I found this site on my phone while trying to passby a dreadfully painful night of w/d while at work. Unfortunately, the mobile version just gives the first few posts. I am so encouraged to keep on keepin on by all of your updates since. I too hope to feel "normal" energy and life because I have truly forgotten what that feels like. Good luck w/ your battle!
PS, I was going to try and buy Cylaris or similar online tonight but I don't think I will now. If everyone says the energy will come back, then I'll trust that. Hopefully it was all the pill popin that made me put on this weight and that will fall off along w/ the fatigue? Yah right, I know- one battle at a time. Take care!
Still moving forward.  
I love reading your updates! Congratulations on over a month!  You should be really pleased.  Keep posting; it encourages others.
Well, tomorrow is 6 weeks clean.  All is stiil good.  Wedding was a very nice event Friday.
WOW! i was reading what you have been thru you are a really strong keep up the good work!It will all be worth it in the end!!! Kitty
7 weeks clean.  Its been worth everything to get here.
Great Pillguy, please keep that enthusiasim coming. I'm tracking you and a couple other's for inner strength for my upcoming time to do the same post surgery...Just want this med nightmare over. Want the real me back..
Pillguy, your story and the hundreds of others have helped me immensely!!!   Today is day 9 for me, and I won't get into details, but just wanted to say thanks.  Tomorrow is double digits.  I'm only 37 but social security and retirement seem closer than six weeks, but you have inspired me.  What I learned th most is that after nine days of hell, I would just go back to pills, thinking that I did so much damage to my brain that I would never sleep or have energy ever again.  Stuff always comes up in my social life that I want to be "on" for, and the pills helped, but now I really see the light.  It is a baby step process everyday.  Thanks!!!
Awsome work my friend!! For me, I take B-complex vitamin as well. I have 23 days, and am still feeling fatigued, resltess, my mind screwing with me, blah blah. But, B-Complex helps with our central nervous system, which pills just screw all to heck! good luck!
Today was my first "normal" day since I quit.  Mowed the lawn as soon as I got home from work last night.  Then went through all my hiking gear for a 4 day trip to a cabin in the Colville Nat Forest.  Starting to feel like a normal person again.  Sometimes I wondered if it would ever happen!  I owe much to the community here that assured me that things would return to normal and that the effort to get clean was more than worth it.  YOU WERE SO RIGHT.  THANKS!     Now I continue on the path you've helped me find.  51 days as a free man
I have read the entire post and I am so happy to hear that the outcome is good and there is light at the end of the tunnell!!!!   I am on day 5 with no vicodin use!!!!! everyone pray for me.
Eight Weeks clean. Life is GREAT!!
60 days clean.
WOW CONGRATS !!!!!!

you are a fighter, pillguy :)
Awesome news!  How are things going for you?  
I'm on day 6 from taking trams. I was only taking the trams for a few weeks, and before that I was a week clean from oxys, hydros, suboxone, tram, ect.. I slipped the first time and started taking tramadol to feel better than decided to stop that.

My physical withdrawals are subsiding but still kick up at times, especially during the night.. I've been on an emotional rollercoaster and have had no energy and extremely bored, depressed, lonely..

Its great to read your improvements day by day!! Thanks for sharing, it really helped me!! And congrats of course!! :)