Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
100 days tommorrow

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

100 days tommorrow

Well never thought i could get this far Rehab was my last chance and i grabed it with both hands or i would most probibly not be here. But i am i was in a dark place for 14yrs but now i see the light at the end of a waisted 14yrs. But with Rehab to get me clean was a hard choice but the right one for me and my family.They are real proud of me as im so proud of myself.I have great aftercare set up. Im dealing with my chilhood problems wich is so hard but im doing it coz its like a weight being lifted of my shoulders. I want to thank all my friends at MH for the support i would never have got this for wthout you my friends. Im so happy i got this far as a friend of mine was fond dead this morning. Robbie had a methadone overdose leaving behind a wife and a daughter somtimes i feel sad as  i abused Heroin to the max. And my friend was being maintained on 120 mils a day. So to hear this horrible news i kept thinking why Robbie and not me i abused my body for 14yrs and im still here Life is not fair but these are  the dangers of taking drugs R I P Robbie. I have great conciling in place thats a must if we want to sucseed in beating our deamons sadly Robbie never beat his.It puts it in perspective for me anyway. Robbie never abused drugs as i did for so long.But his torment is over My heart goes out to your wife and daughter and your family Robbie ill miss ya my good friend. you are now at peace mate 36 yrs old and so sad you are gone,,,,,,James PS this can be the reality of taking drugs.I have lost a friend but it gives me the courage to see this through to the end
Dear James..
Death is at once
The end of the body's
Old journey
And the beginning of the soul's
New journey.

~ Sri Chinmoy

I'm very sorry or the loss of your friend Robbie. This girl is just Grateful that it was not you and that you reached out with both hands to the very thing that saved your life.. Congrats on 100 days James that is awesome I'm over the top Proud for you.. love letakos
I am so sorry to hear about your friend James.  This is the reality of this addiction.  Such a tragedy.

Congrats on 100 days!!  May you continue on your road to recovery.  I am so happy for you~~sara
Hey James sorry to here this dam desiese took someone else s life it alway sad to here about that but its a fact of addiction....as for you a BIG CONGRATS on 100 days your doing great James keep up with the aftercare dont stop it ever and you will walk in recovery good luck and God bless...your friend Mark
James, sorry for your friend.. RIP Robbie...and as for your 100 clean days, Congrats!!! keep walking
Congratulations on 100 days!!!!  I am sorry for the loss of your friend Robbie..
I would like to thank ya all for your condolences on my friend Robbie. Today would have been a great milestone 100 days but that doess not matter to me now. iv lost a couple of friends now A just feel numb and very sad.This will take me a while to get over Thank you all again,,,,,,,James
Make sure you talk about this with your counselor James.
Congratulations on your 100th day ! That's great ! I am sorry  for your lose of  your friend Robbie . I  too have lost three siblings to substance abuse and I know it is very hard some days . Take care jimmy
Congratulations on 100 days James...I m sorry to read about your friend Robbie....may he rest in the arms of our Lord.  I have lost many friends as well...deaths that could and should have been prevented :(   Keep on going my friend.  You rock!!!   Maria
Dear James..
Death is at once
The end of the body's
Old journey
And the beginning of the soul's
New journey.

~ Sri Chinmoy

Congratz on your sobriety. You're are proof that you have to want it hard enough, that it can be done and that you can't do it alone. Keep your head up you have come so far and you should be so proud ....you did it most of all for you.

Sorry to hear about your loss. Things will get better once the heart has time to heal.
Huge congrats on 100 days, James!  I Always knew you could do it!

So sorry for the loss of your friend.  R.I.P. Robbie.
Congrats on 100 days.. Sorry about your loss.
Im 101 days clean and worked my socks of to get there. Its just so hard to take in what has happened. My friend Robbie had just quit the H and went on the methadone program to stabilise his family life. But why he was allowed to pick up twice weekly , i cant understand. I spoke to Zoe and told me he had took all his methadone why?. But thats two friends iv lost in a over a year. But im glad i stopped as it could so easily be me. And it has made me stronger in my will to beat my addiction. I also want to thank everyone who commented that means so much to me. I still feel numb but my life has to go on. Thank you all so so much it realy does make me feel a wee bit better knowing other ppl care. That is what MH is all about and its helped me get to 101 days without using Again i thank each and everyone of you guys and girls ,,,James