Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
15mg Methadone

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

15mg Methadone

I'm at 15 mg methadone/day.  I am tired of taking this stuff.  I was wondering if there is anyone else out there that has stopped taking it at this level.  If so, what can I expect re: withdrawl (withdrawal)...thx...
gee whiz, people respond to something that has nothing to do with addiction, i.e. passing out.  I ask a very simple question, and it goes un-noticed, thx...
I have no personal experience regarding the step down from 15 mg.  I have heard plenty of anecdotal evidence that it is a fairly normal (i.e. lousy) withdrawal from that point, with all the standard withdrawal symptoms.  Speak with the doctors at the clinic regarding meds to assist.  Good luck.

Whew, you sound impatient. You just posted, give people a chance.
just taper off,so you wont have bad with draws, 15 mg is not that much,
piece of cake or maybe you wont want cake or icecream, I ghained 50 lbs in three mo on methadone. Let it go.
I have been on methadone for 17 years.  I have gotten off of it twice only to relapse back to opiates.  I am currently back on methadone at 40mg.  When I did taper off the methadone going from 10mg down to 0 was the worst for me.  I don't know how long you have been taking meth or why but the length you have been on it can be a factor.  The least painful way I did it was to go down 1mg every 2 weeks.  I know that this sounds absurdly slow but when you get down below 10mg each milligram "holds" you as if you were still on that higher dose.  Good luck and if you are on a methadone program or clinic go see the clinic doctor.  Catapres patches can help with the withdrawls.  It did for me.  Mojo38
good luck and God bless you peop;e.  I have chronic pain and the Doctor ia always on my back about taking meth what a wonder drug it is to hear him it,s the best stuff to ever hit the market but i,m scared i know nothing about the stuff and don,t know what to do
You don't have that much longer to go
Hang in there

hey I am on 16mg too, by going down 1mg per week. after i go down a few more mg i will go 1 mg every 2 weeks if i really have to, but i would like to know how you are doing? and for the guy that got off 2 times that is on 40 now, why did you relapse and how long b4 u relapsed what was the reason, were u depressed after the methadone let me know, I worry about this..
Be afraid.  Be very afraid.
You posted to an 8 year old post.  You will get a better response if you start a new post.  Go to the top of this page and click Post a Question, there are a lot of people here who can help.

Good luck.
old post..but i do know most go on down below 15 mg before they quit..and it is still not a cake walk...talk to ur doctor...be safe and repost to get more support
fyi..i didnt want to say so but i have a friend detoxing from methadone..she has been at 30 mg a day for going on 3 months..sometimes more i think..sometimes less..her dose is 20 mg now...she took 1/2 dose on friday/10 mg and then skipped saturday and became extremely ill..used 20 mg today and she is ok..scary...aint gonna be no sleigh ride i dont think..but have seen many do it here many times..seen some jum off at 65 mgs..and they made it   guess alot depends on whatu u can tolerate..
I am writing today my 6th day quitting cold turkey off of methadone at 15mg per day. Day 1 nothing. Day 2 a bit nervous but nothing to loose sleep over. Day 3 a little bit of pain. I'm sure this entire procedure will be worse or not as bad depending on how long you've been taking it. Day 3 Night, I cannot sleep no major pain, I am determined at this point and will not take anything. I sleep 3 or 4 hours and my nervous bother me all night, I'm a firm believer in prayer so thats what I did. Day 4 I feel fantastic in the morning and evening my nerves bother me a tiny bit but a hot bath and 3 tylenol help. I am confident I am through the worse..............Now on day 6 I feel better and better everyday and I can tell how bad methadone really was for me as my body seems to be correcting my appetite, severe fatigue (completely gone), and cravings for any drug (including over the counter) slowly disappear. I believe if you are confident and condition your mind to do this YOU WILL SUCCEED!!! I hope this is a help. God Bless
Hey I have one more word of encouragement that I had to write because I wouldn't be doing right if I didn't. I ABSOLUTELY COULD NOT have made it through the couple of nights without support of my family and the people around me. You need to talk with someone about each step and each pain. Most importantly I DEFINATELY couldn't have done it without the Lord Jesus Christ. I don't know if your a Christian and I definately don't push it on anyone, but I KNOW FOR A FACT that healing even if over a period of time is from the Lord just as each beat of your heart. I hope this has been an encouragement and if you have any questions, let me know, I wish you the absolute best.....P.S. In your darkest hour PRAY!     C.Muncy
Does anyone know if they make a 15mg methdone pill?
I went c/t off 5mg. And tapered down from 30 in a week to that five. Not gonna lie m on day eight and still no energy.  The first few days r hell...however if u make it through them it gets better.  
I was at 19 mg on sunday, monday tapered to 18 mg.  on wednesday I was moving so I wanted to do courtesy dosing at other locations. One place I went to put me at 15 mg because they said they couldnt do 17.  That was my last time I dosed.  What they did is give me 2 separate pills that totaled 15 mg's.  Im on day 5 now, and still feeling withdrawals at night.  But, answer to your question, they do have a means to do 15 mg
You don't REALLY feel the uncomfortable, weakness, diarrhea, shakiness, legs shaking until about the 10th day without. It's anxiety that you feel in the beginning. Methadone stays in your system long time.Thank God I had some Xanax, but I still had those symptoms. every day got a smiggen better.  but, honesty, if we are true to ourselves, I would (almost) do anything to get rid of this feeling - I would use.  Please don't get on Methadone if you're just addicted to pain killers in general. Methadone was supposed to be for heroin, needle junkies.  If you thought you were addicted on pain killers, you'll find out that those are nothing compared with Methadone.
no it's not.  one who knows.
whoops, take it back. withdrawal is bad, plain and simple. don't get on METHADONE.
I completely agree with you, I was only taking 10 to 12, 10mg loricets a day when I started taking methadone and now 6 years later I am still on it, how ever I have tapered down to 15mgs, cant wait to be done with this. Definitely would not recommend this to someone who was only using opiates!