Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
2 weeks!!

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

2 weeks!!

Today marks 2 weeks! I'm so glad!! Now... If I can rid myself of the Xanax. I keep feeling like a panic attack is coming on.... Ugh.....
Congratulations on two weeks!! Keep up the good hard work! :)
A huge congrats on your 2 weeks off of opiates!! Try not to psych yourself out with the panic stuff. I know it's easier said than done, but once you get caught in that anxiety/panic cycle you just keep feeding off of it and spiral out of control. Take some deep breaths, take a nice long hot bath to relax. Go for a walk, or get on here and read posts or chat.Turn on some loud music and dance. Do anything that you can to get out of your head and distract yourself. Just work on recognizing your triggers for the anxiety and redirecting yourself when you feel it coming on. Have you looked into any kind of counseling, or maybe cognitive, behavioral therapy? Might really help you to get a grip on the panic attacks and learn coping skills. Hang in there, you are doing great! Just keep breathing and try to stay relaxed.
Congratulations; I'm going through the same thing.  8 days off of opiates; tapering the xanax.  Good luck to you and hang in there!
Hey mama! Glad you're doing better. Two weeks is AMAZING!! No reason to panic, the worst is over. Stay calm and do everything ariley said!
Congrats on the 2 weeks! Try not to anticipate the panic attacks. Sometimes the anticipation, can bring one on! Stay positive and focussed. Take care!
Thank you all!! I went to the gym and ran on the treadmill. Did a mile and a half and had to stop. Silly me wore my regular tennis shoes instead of my running shoes. I have blisters on my feet!!! But I feel pretty good!!