21 Days Off Methadone!! Yipi!!!!
Well as of today, Im at 20 day,s off methadone! & Have been withdrawl free for about 8-9 days, & life keep,s getting better & better as everyday passes, I have most of my energy back & the anxiety is lifting, it does,nt feel as if someone has their hands around my throat anymore & I can now speak to people again without being so nervous, that was the worst part, I swear I couldnt speak for days, I hid from friends, family & co-workers, I actually feared the ones who cared for me the most, I also think I feared being clean, yeah I know that sounds weird, but after having your whole life centered around a drug for so long, I became very emotionally dependent on it & when reality hit & I realized I was methadone free, I got scared, but as the hours turned into days, I,t got better & I no longer fear being clean, I cherish it!  & I still have alot of work to do on me, & I,m not rushing it, this is a one day at a time process, so for today, I can say, life is good.   Just thought I,d share that with everyone. Penelope
Opps, Im at 21 days methadone free!!
Congratulations on day 21. Life is good for you just now...............it will get even better!!! Well done. Keep up the good work!
congrats penelope, i cant freakin wait to say that too... the devil created methadone!
YEAH!!!!!!!!!!  so proud of you.  you have just kicked the most difficult drug of all.   i am 10 months clean from methadone now, and have absolutely no desire to ever touch the stuff again.  i saw a news report of a baby who's mother had broken both her arms and both legs.  when she took it to the hospital, they found the baby was addicted to methadone.  it had 10 times the amount in its bloodstream than it could get through breast milk.  my instant reaction was probably wrong, but i was so mad, i told my hubby that they should force the mother to go ct with no help in a jail cell.  i can't even imagine how a mother could give that horrible stuff to a baby.

Lucy
Great job, Penelope. I hope every day is worth celebrating for you.
looking at my note it sounded confusing.  it was the baby's arms and legs that were broken, not the mother's.
day 21 whoooo hoooo girl .I am so proud of you, you are doing great !!!!!!!!
congrats to you and thanks for the uplift. I don't think it weird at all.. Mike
I am sooooo happy for you!!! I will have 2 yrs off methadone on Aug 1...Like jessejames said the devil created that!!!  You are going to be better and better..Congratulations!!!
Congrats penelope...you have worked so hard and stayed focused on your goal...you posted often which helps others that are in the same situation...you should be sooooooo proud!
WTG Penelope gives others hope certainly me , i wonder at times if its because this drug has us so dependant on the system, chained , prior to methadone i least knew i could go anywhere and get most things but with this you have to be at the one pharm, one GP almost feels like some Parol set up, maybe being on methadone is like wearing an ankle braclet lol, i bet the psychological feelings is good for you, as well as physical kudos to you :)

I hope u r feeling relief as well bubbaganoosh...u guys heve a tough time i know...my support and prayers are with both of you
penelope, what an awesome post this was.  you have come so far in the last 21 days.  you have grown so much.  i am very proud of you.  and it does get better n better.

much love
cathy
That is really great!!
Congratulations and I am glad to hear you are feeling so good!!
Keep up the great work and you have the right attitude and outlook!!!
Wishing you all the best!