Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
21 days

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

21 days

Its been a long 3 weeks. Or as Mike would say its "blackjack" day.  Its been a rough trip but one that needed to be done.  I'm so thankful that I found this place and you awesome people to help me with this journey.  It can be very scary when you start this process but for you people just starting out it's worth EVERY second of the discomfort and anxiety.  Everyone's detox process is different but with the same goal in mind.  To be honest for the last 10 or so days I have been really up and down.  I made the mistake of trying to look for day to day improvement instead of overall and this was a mistake for me.  My amazing wife can see my improvement even if I can't always see it.  2 weeks ago I couldn't get out of bed, eat or even participate in my family life. 1 week ago I was depressed, anxious but able to take care of my mother who had surgery, clean my house, take walks but was still miserable. Today I wake up at the start of week 3 hopeful. I'm anxious for my wife and baby to wake up to see
them and can't wait to get out of the house today.  It really is amazing the gains I have made in 3 weeks when I really think about it even if it doesn't feel like I have made any.
     Everyday is a fresh start and now i am going to start the process of taking care of things that have built up over the last 3 weeks that are causing me stress. ( cars inspected,more cleaning,bills etc).  I haven't felt ready or equipped to even think about these before today so I am happy I have the strength to take on a little more.

To anyone who is a few days in to w/d or thinking of taking the leap DO IT.  I jumped CT from a silly amount of oxy a day(more then most) and was able to do it.  YOU CAN DO IT.  Stick around the boards and read and post.  I lived on these boards for the first 10 days.  Scared? Post about it.  Depressed? Post about it. Sick and sleep deprived and miserable? POST ABOUT IT!!!!  We are here to help you!!!  Just remember that the discomfort is temporary but the rewards can be forever if YOU choose it.

Thank you everyone for your help
Congrats on getting your BlackJack!!! Cuz it's like turning 18 again...you can do a bit more ...more responsibility , you're trusted more, can trust yourself more,  but still aren't 21 yet. but neither am I yet so don't worry! Lol  anyway it's a cool feeling and I've been honored and humbled by following your journey NorthEast...never stop! Always push forward!
Well done, northeast! So happy for you! Have a fabulous day! S
congrats man.
You sound amazing. Good for you. Congrats.
Keep up the good work.
keep on keepin on. One foot in front of the other.
Keep on truckin.
Keep the faith.you got this.
Be blessed
Debbie
hey north! right on brother! i'm right there with you,i'm on day 22 as you know and according to the methadone wd experience i should feel like i'm two weeks behind you.funny thing is , i feel the same way you do, i woke up this morning and i'm ready to take on things that have been put off over the past 3 weeks. by the way gotta get the car inspected to lol.my first wk and a half i did the same thing read post after post after post and posted some. i'd be lying if i said mikeinfrance didn't make me laugh a few times despite how crappy i felt. don't know what i would've done without the posts and support here. i'm so happy for you that your feeling on top of the world today! maybe by tomorrow you'll be able to put those tights and cape back on lol.
gold stars
cyber high fives
i knew you could do it
     Detox thats awesome.  1 thing I have learned is that you are where you are not where you are "supposed" to be if that makes sense.  Everyone is different and its so great that you feel good.  Enjoy it, you earned it!!!

Thanks everyone for the support!!

Bama how are you feeling after surgery?
Now.......didn't I tell you that?  : )  I'm so glad to hear you're doing better!  

You have to try to judge your progress at this point by the week......not the days.  You won't feel better every single day right now.  But, you will feel better every week.  Days 5-10, you feel better each day to some extent.  After that it's harder to notice!  Our families can always see a change though!  

You're doing great!  Hang in there!
YEAH!!! Way to go Northeast =)  fabulous!!!
Haha you absolutely did Lea. Thanks for your wisdom and support!!
Detox that goes for you too!!!! Awesome progress guys ;)  I'm on day 10 WoOt WoOt ;)
           wiggle,wiggle,wiggle,wiggle
                           YEAH!!!
Congrtas on 21 days and you sound positive. Im one week today and I'm feeling a bit stronger myself.
I so want to live and not look back. Today is going to be a sober day for me and for now that has to be enough baby steps for me.
Awesome Sharon congrats on a week.  As you know a week is a big accomplishment!  Keep up the great work and thanks!
Blackjack! You won the jackpot! Congrats :)
Thanks Minn!!
great job 21 days is the real turning point in my experience.
Hey NE

Awesome work on 21 days and good post!  I think it's so important to remember that recovery is accumulative, and no victory too small!  It takes a lot of patience and self love, but it is worth it and so are you!  Keep it going...
xo
Lu
NICE NORTH! Thanks for the post. Keep it up.  
Today is the first day wo Vic. I've been on them about 6 years. In between pregnancies(2). When I haven't taken them for a couple days then do. I don't really like them. But I keep taking them until I do. I just hate this. I truly do want to stay off them. But then some times it sounds worth it:/