Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
21 days
About This Community:

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

21 days

Its been a long 3 weeks. Or as Mike would say its "blackjack" day.  Its been a rough trip but one that needed to be done.  I'm so thankful that I found this place and you awesome people to help me with this journey.  It can be very scary when you start this process but for you people just starting out it's worth EVERY second of the discomfort and anxiety.  Everyone's detox process is different but with the same goal in mind.  To be honest for the last 10 or so days I have been really up and down.  I made the mistake of trying to look for day to day improvement instead of overall and this was a mistake for me.  My amazing wife can see my improvement even if I can't always see it.  2 weeks ago I couldn't get out of bed, eat or even participate in my family life. 1 week ago I was depressed, anxious but able to take care of my mother who had surgery, clean my house, take walks but was still miserable. Today I wake up at the start of week 3 hopeful. I'm anxious for my wife and baby to wake up to see
them and can't wait to get out of the house today.  It really is amazing the gains I have made in 3 weeks when I really think about it even if it doesn't feel like I have made any.
     Everyday is a fresh start and now i am going to start the process of taking care of things that have built up over the last 3 weeks that are causing me stress. ( cars inspected,more cleaning,bills etc).  I haven't felt ready or equipped to even think about these before today so I am happy I have the strength to take on a little more.

To anyone who is a few days in to w/d or thinking of taking the leap DO IT.  I jumped CT from a silly amount of oxy a day(more then most) and was able to do it.  YOU CAN DO IT.  Stick around the boards and read and post.  I lived on these boards for the first 10 days.  Scared? Post about it.  Depressed? Post about it. Sick and sleep deprived and miserable? POST ABOUT IT!!!!  We are here to help you!!!  Just remember that the discomfort is temporary but the rewards can be forever if YOU choose it.

Thank you everyone for your help
Blank
1990784_tn?1331875378
Congrats on getting your BlackJack!!! Cuz it's like turning 18 again...you can do a bit more ...more responsibility , you're trusted more, can trust yourself more,  but still aren't 21 yet. but neither am I yet so don't worry! Lol  anyway it's a cool feeling and I've been honored and humbled by following your journey NorthEast...never stop! Always push forward!
Related Discussions
20 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
1990784_tn?1331875378
Congrats on getting your BlackJack!!! Cuz it's like turning 18 again...you can do a bit more ...more responsibility , you're trusted more, can trust yourself more,  but still aren't 21 yet. but neither am I yet so don't worry! Lol  anyway it's a cool feeling and I've been honored and humbled by following your journey NorthEast...never stop! Always push forward!
Blank
Well done, northeast! So happy for you! Have a fabulous day! S
Blank
1892616_tn?1333773538
congrats man.
Blank
1235186_tn?1339127464
You sound amazing. Good for you. Congrats.
Keep up the good work.
keep on keepin on. One foot in front of the other.
Keep on truckin.
Keep the faith.you got this.
Be blessed
Debbie
Blank
2021194_tn?1330611198
hey north! right on brother! i'm right there with you,i'm on day 22 as you know and according to the methadone wd experience i should feel like i'm two weeks behind you.funny thing is , i feel the same way you do, i woke up this morning and i'm ready to take on things that have been put off over the past 3 weeks. by the way gotta get the car inspected to lol.my first wk and a half i did the same thing read post after post after post and posted some. i'd be lying if i said mikeinfrance didn't make me laugh a few times despite how crappy i felt. don't know what i would've done without the posts and support here. i'm so happy for you that your feeling on top of the world today! maybe by tomorrow you'll be able to put those tights and cape back on lol.
Blank
gold stars
cyber high fives
i knew you could do it
Blank
2025470_tn?1334018991
     Detox thats awesome.  1 thing I have learned is that you are where you are not where you are "supposed" to be if that makes sense.  Everyone is different and its so great that you feel good.  Enjoy it, you earned it!!!

Thanks everyone for the support!!

Bama how are you feeling after surgery?
Blank
Now.......didn't I tell you that?  : )  I'm so glad to hear you're doing better!  

You have to try to judge your progress at this point by the week......not the days.  You won't feel better every single day right now.  But, you will feel better every week.  Days 5-10, you feel better each day to some extent.  After that it's harder to notice!  Our families can always see a change though!  

You're doing great!  Hang in there!
Blank
YEAH!!! Way to go Northeast =)  fabulous!!!
Blank
2025470_tn?1334018991
Haha you absolutely did Lea. Thanks for your wisdom and support!!
Blank
Detox that goes for you too!!!! Awesome progress guys ;)  I'm on day 10 WoOt WoOt ;)
           wiggle,wiggle,wiggle,wiggle
                           YEAH!!!
Blank
Congrtas on 21 days and you sound positive. Im one week today and I'm feeling a bit stronger myself.
I so want to live and not look back. Today is going to be a sober day for me and for now that has to be enough baby steps for me.
Blank
2025470_tn?1334018991
Awesome Sharon congrats on a week.  As you know a week is a big accomplishment!  Keep up the great work and thanks!
Blank
Blackjack! You won the jackpot! Congrats :)
Blank
2025470_tn?1334018991
Thanks Minn!!
Blank
1827057_tn?1397523877
great job 21 days is the real turning point in my experience.
Blank
1926359_tn?1331591739
Hey NE

Awesome work on 21 days and good post!  I think it's so important to remember that recovery is accumulative, and no victory too small!  It takes a lot of patience and self love, but it is worth it and so are you!  Keep it going...
xo
Lu
Blank
1767882_tn?1331412769
NICE NORTH! Thanks for the post. Keep it up.  
Blank
Today is the first day wo Vic. I've been on them about 6 years. In between pregnancies(2). When I haven't taken them for a couple days then do. I don't really like them. But I keep taking them until I do. I just hate this. I truly do want to stay off them. But then some times it sounds worth it:/
Blank
Today is the first day wo Vic. I've been on them about 6 years. In between pregnancies(2). When I haven't taken them for a couple days then do. I don't really like them. But I keep taking them until I do. I just hate this. I truly do want to stay off them. But then some times it sounds worth it:/
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Addiction: Substance Abuse Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...