25 week prego methadone abuse
Ive been abusing opiates for 6 yrs Now. Started off with 80mg oxycontin n hoping to end it Now with the methadone. This Hasnt really been a secret from ne1, But Now it is. Ive told Everyone that Ive Quit since i found out i was pregnant. My dr knows nothin of it. Ive been tryn to Quit since i found out But When i do i get so sick n depressed. I Cant handle it. Im not strong enough. If i feel like This... Whats happening to my baby? I kno i need to Quit. Its selfish of me to keep This up. Im so scared of the damage Ive Already done to my child. What should i do? Im also scared of What will happen if i tell my dr. Has ne1 else been in or heard of a situation like This b4? N What happen? Plz dont judge me or b too harsh* i kno and am admitting i need help! Thanx
Hello and welcome.  How long have you been on the meth and at what dose?
It is very important that you be completely honest with your doctor. Then there will be no suprises when you deliver and they will be ready to take care of the baby. If you don't tell them and they test which most hospitals do then it will be a problem.
It is very important that you don't stop taking the meth on your own it is very dangerous for the baby.
Yes we get many woman on here in the same situation. The ones who were honest with the doctor received the help they needed.
Please call your doctor in the morning okay?
Sending support and prayers
Debbie
Just want to echo what atthebeach stated.  Do not try to stop or taper this on your own as you risk miscarriage.  You must talk to you OB-GYN asap.  They've heard this before and they'll help you make the best decision for your baby and you.  As long as you're honest, you'll have no worries.  It's when you don't tell and drugs come up in the test that you run into trouble with CPS.  There have been many women here with the same problem; hopefully some will answer your post.  You will not be the first patient your doctor has with this problem.  Please make that call and let us know how it goes.
Ive been on then for afew yrs. I take 50mgs 2x a day. Recently cut myself down to only taking 40 mgs a day. Ive tapered off b4, stopped cold turkey But This time When i try it seems worse with the pain and i kno my baby is in pain bc she constantly moves. I kno she feels What Im feeling. So i cave. Which makes me feel even worse. I get so depressed, i kno This is bad and Im being selfish. But i did call my Doc yesterday mornin. Im going in Monday. Just keep hoping i have the strength.
hey sweetie,
tow of my three babies constantly moved,a nd I wasn't addicted to anything at the time.
Bes tthing is for us not to sit here guessing, you must talk tothe ob-gyn and tell everything, they have seen it before, and you are thinking it will be way worse than it iwll be, I promise.
they shouldn't judge you, so brave up and tell your doc, for your baby's sake.
We will be here for you whenever you need us,

hugs,
lily
Oh hunnie please please please come clean to your dr ASAP!!!! I used when I was pregnant. Only for a week an I used diladud but still not a smart move on my part. I was so scared that I had hurt my unborn baby. I came clean to my dr in fear that they would test her and I would have her taken. Surprisingly she took it well and I stopped taking them. My story is way different from yours but I'm telling you your dr will want to help you! You need to tell her ASAP. Are up taking this legally? I am recently detoxing off methadone and it's rough. But I'm now a sober mommy and wouldn't have it any other way. 9 days clean today. You can do this!!!