Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
29 days clean

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

29 days clean

**** yeah
congrats keep up the great work I know it's hard I'm just starting on this journey of getting my life back I can't wait to get to wear you are ! How are you feeling? Totally different or still struggling some? I was using oxys for 8 yrs so i was curious on how long I will feel so bad keep up the work seeing ppl say that they have made it threw gives me hope keep posting
Congratulations! First, your decision to "get clean and sober" is the start of a wonderful world waiting for you. I believe you have come to the right place to help guide you through the process. Keep posting Gunner and best wishes to you!  Ike
What a succinct post! :)

All power to you & Congrats on one day shy of a month!
Congrats on 29 days clean Gunner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love these posts! When you can see people starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel! My sentiments exactly....
"HELLS YEAH!!!"
YAY-UH!!!!!   great job!  congrats!
Well done, my friend!

Today is day 44 for me.  It gets better...you're doing awesome!

-R.
Well 31 days is here aka 1 month. Ya I abused hydros and Vicodin for 2 years. So it was a hard withdrawal first few weeks but week 4 was a big diffrence and now it's a month I've been sober, and I'm starting to become normal again. I work all day long and get stuff done (keeps me busy) then when it's time to go home I'm tired and feel good that I accomplished so much I'm a day and I can fall asleep good for 6 hours every night, still don't have the sleep thing fixed but it's getting there. I still sneeze and cough from time to time but it is super cold I think it's just allergies. I don't crave the drug at all but I still have those thoughts pop in my head every other day " just take one" so I got that but I have energy now and comfort it just keeps getting better. I think I turned a page around 21 to 24 days after that it's been a lot easier going so I'm tempted to see what this next month has to bring... If I keep getting better like I am now I think il be out of the blue and will be happy off pain meds rather than on them.. I do smoke a little pot on the weekend nights. It's not addictive and after a long week of work it's nice to just smoke a little with some friends on a Friday night. Kind of like a reward. Go 5 days busting your *** working and on Friday you can have a few bowls. I consider this my NA aftercare class. So the first 14 days physical withdrawals the next 10 days emotional battle. Then day 25 you feel like a normal you again just with a cold but you feel good mentally and physically. I'm going to just start telling people make the 1 month mark your goal!!! If you don't feel atleast 80% better at one month then idk cause that's how it was for me.
Gunner - congrats man. I really appreciate your posts as I feel I'm following a similar trajectory but I'm on day 24 and I do feel I turned the corner today!  Still definitely not my old self but have a lot more motivation, less brain fog, etc than last week for sure!  Keep it up man and I look forward to learning how much better it gets!  Can't wait for 30 days!