Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
2nd day on suboxone

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

2nd day on suboxone

Hi everyone, hope your all doing well. I just joined and this is my 1st post. This is my 2nd day of suboxone (8mg tabs), every 12 hours. Holy sh** i hope these killer headaches go away, along with the nausia, i feel like puking every few minutes, and also the fatigue, BUT, on the bright side, I have had absolutey zero withdrawel symptoms, it is quite amazing. Im looking to chat with other addicts like me, who are in the same boat. even my dr said it would be a good idea, so, here i am !! looking forward to putting these dam pills behind me for good. Although I've said that many times already, and usually take my once a year trip to a detox !!! . 4 times in all so far and i have to lie to my kids about were i'm going. i have three boys ages 10, 7, & 5 and wife who can't take it anymore with what im putting her through, which i cant really blame her. so you see, i do have quite alot to lose, like most of you also. Well, I have to run, but will def check back in a little while to see if anyone replied, take care..... we can do this !!!!  
     This is just my opinion, but 8 mg is way too much.  I don't know why doctors start people at that dose.  They say that you have to find the right dose for you, and that you should drop it down little by little, but I think they should start low and move it up if need be.  I started on a 4 mg pill, and I was wondering why I had headaches and nausea.  I decided on my own not to take the other 4, and to my surprise it lasted all night and through the next morning.  Long story short, I found my "perfect dose" at 2 mg.  This has done the job just fine for me, every morning for the last year, and I have never needed to increase it at all.
     My mistake, however, was thinking that Suboxone was a miracle cure, and that it was this magical medication for drug addiction.  Unfortunately, it is just another opiate, which is why you have absolutely no withdrawal symptoms.  Your body cannot tell the difference, and soon your mind won't either.  If you stay on 8 mg every 12 hours, you will probably feel high all the time.  I think Sub should be used as a detox med, and nothing more.  That is, use it at the lowest dose possible to alleviate your withdrawal, and only during the time it takes your previous drug to leave your system.  Then taper.  If not, it just leads to another addiction.  And I feel I am in for a much longer battle than if I had just quit my DOC without Suboxone.
I totally agree with Lynn -----  I hope you will do some research or read some of the post that have been on this site before you take what your doctor says as 'gospel' about Sub.   You should only take a very small amount and then repeat it in 30 minutes if you are still in W/D's.  As Lynn said - this stuff is no joke and will become your new DOC unless you can set a schedule to get off very quickly.  I did not realize this and stayed on Sub (low doses) for 21 days --- then tried to jump off after weaning myself down to only a crumb.  Sub doesn't let you go easily.  There is NO free get out of W/D ticket --- Although you may not be having them while on Sub, you will certainly have W/D's in a major way when and if you try to quit it.   I really do wish you well but only wish I had been told about the real effects of Sub before I found out the hard way.  Over the last 4 to 6 weeks there have been many on this site who were honest enough to admit that they too were deceived and suffered horribly when they tried to quit the Sub.  Now, having said all that I really admire that you are serious about quitting the Dope ----  Many of us have, but I don't know anyone who did it without having to suffer from W/D at some point.  All the best.
I would also have to agree with Lynn and ochooked. I was duped into suboxone as an easy and painfree way to avoid withdrawal.  Joke Joke Joke.  I started on 16mgs and suffered the same sickness as you.  In fact I couldnt do anything the first few days.  I was so sick I could only lay in a dark room and try not to throw up.  But at the time I wasnt in withdrawal so even being that sick I was happy.  I will tell you the sickness got better after a few days -although the headaches came every day even as my doses went lower and lower I still got those darn headaches.  I will also stress the importance of what ochooked is saying in that you should be very careful with the subs and try to get off of them as soon as possible.  Sub is so powerful and addicting and you will not realize that unfortunately until your doctor tells you its time to quit, assures you that you will have little to no withdrawal and then you go home and spend 2 weeks in he11.  I am  33 post sub and still have wd symptoms. But, most important is the choice you've made to stop using.  If you really want to quit you will and you can.  Its so hard but its not impossible.  I commend you for taking any step, even if its toward sub, to get clean and hope you keep up the fight.  Good luck and God bless.
I guess these folks popped your ballon mdan and I'm sorry if you are disillusioned about sub after reading their experiences. These sub docs don't really know what they are doing are in many cases are making people worse. I hope you can keep this treatment short as posible.
Back when I was on Methadone, 40mg per day, after about 3 days I got sick.  I was at work, in August (in Texas), walking 10-12 miles a day, and it was hot.  And I could not hold down fluids.  I felt very thirsty, and would drink a whole lot, 5 seconds later, I would vomit it all up.  About 2 dozen times I threw up in about 6 hours.  I went back the next day to the methadone clinic and I told the doctor what happened.  He said we need to up your dose.  I was blown away, I could not believe he was telling me that.  The Whole time I felt like I was over-dosing.  I had never done anything other than hydrocodones And methadone was much much stronger.  Needless to say, I went down in my dose, 5mg a day, till I was off!  But it showed me, that doctors may not always know what's best for people.  He wanted me to be as addicted to methadone as he could get me.  That's how it seemed to me.  So the clinic could make its money.  That's just how I saw it.  I only spent 30 days on Methadone.  That stuff had me a whole lot more intoxicated than hydrocodone ever did.  16mg of Suboxone per day seems to be real high, from what I've read from other peoples experiences.
I have been on suboxine since 6-24-08 after a 28-30 year addication to morphine, vic's ,perks and xanax. I had tried to stop many times before but never could. My husband is also an addict. He tried to get clean with methadone about 9 years ago. He was on it 4 yrs.
that was a nitemare. But not enough to keep him clean any longer then 10 months.
We have 3 suboxine drs in our small city. Only the one I go to is following the program as it is suppose to be. Drug counseling a must, urines, pill counts. You mess up once your out, there are to many other people who are waiting to get on it.
Although I know that my long term goal is to be 100% clean , for now I use the suboxine.
I started on 3 8 mgs a day. I did that for about 3 wks then went down to 2 8mgs a day. That is what I still take. It works for me. I am not tired,I didn't miss work, I am more productive .  the headaches have eased, the sweating is still pretty bad though .
I have not had cravings that make me wanna get high,(which some people do with suboxine) even though your not suppose to. Some people will abuse it others won't.
It isn't for everybody but it does help allot of people. I know personally 2 people that successfully finished it. One is 26 yrs old the other 53 yrs old.
But I also know  people who abuse the suboxine, either by selling it to get DOC or using it as DOC
I don't expect it to be a "mircale drug" b/c there is no such thing. be nice if there was!
You still need aftercare, meetings, cousnling, sponser , what ever works for you.
Which is what suboxine is really about. What is right for someones personal choice.
I personally choose suboxine and for me it has been the right one.
good luck to you,
paaddict
WOW !! I just got home from work and actually couldnt wait to put the computer on and see the replies, as mr.lucky66 said " my balloon was popped, well sort of. As i sit here, i have the 8mg under my tongue, as it is to be taken every 12 hours. I gotta tell you, when i look in the mirror, i never thought my pupils would be so constricted, like freaking pencil points !! still feel like puken every 15 or 20 mins but the headaches did go away, after i took 600 mg advil. man, now im confused, and i will def tell my dr who i am seeing this friday about what i read on the forums, which no dought he will reply, " are they dr's ? ".
my DOC was always persc, vic, hydro's the 10/350 about 15 to 20 a day, which is why i always went back to detox as a i couldnt do it at home. i had surgery on my arm in 2001 and never touched any of these pills in my life until then and the addiction took off from there, buying em on the intenet, dr shopping, etc...your right 8mg does feel kinda strong as i feel high, not sure if i am, but with my pupils the way they are, holy sh** !!., but  i have extreme fatigue as well, cotton mouth, and headaches, its a strange feeling, like when you take too many vics. well it was nice to here from so many of you and hope we continue to " talk " as i want to keep you guys posted with my progress, and i want to hear about your experiences with the suboxone...have a good night....
Mdan, nice to hear back from you and to know you are listening to other's experiences. Like pan said, she or he was on vics and percs and went to a methadone clinic and then got so loaded! I have seen this happen to hydro addicts on clinics and it takes them to a whole new level of addiction and suffering . Everything is pointing to shorter  and shorter courses on sub to the point of a less than 2 weeks because it's too new for long term and not studied and these sub docs don't seem to know or realize how addictive it is. all the best .
Probably nothing new to add, but as a sub veteran, i also believe your dosage is too high. When I first started taking it I took 8 mg, but soon realized I need much less, and ended up using only 2 mg daily. Doctors really know very little about this. This is certainly a self-dosing drug. Work with as little as possible and go from there. You can always take a little more later in the day if it doesn't see to be enough.
Mdan --- I hope you will continue to post your own experience as you work to get clean.  Everyone on here is rooting for you ----  Now, you have a variety of different inputs so I think it is like eating chicken ----  You try to pick out what is good for you ---- "you swallow the meat but spit out the bones" :).  All the best, man.
I agree with all.  when i was detoxing from methadone, 2mgs of Sub would keep me feeling okay for 2-3 days!  but i still got those damn headaches.

Kova
Well well well look at the time already, its almost feeding time for the junkie...lol..not funny but thats how i feel., i feel like taking just 6mg instead of the 8mg at noontime. not sure what to do. and whats with the freaking hiccups & heartburn !! im eating rolls of tums and rolaids. and im also supposed to walk around with beady little pin point pupils the whole time on this stuff ??..feels like im back on the vics & oxys, only overdosing ...not sure im liking this stuff.
If you dont experience bad withdrawal from lowering your dose, you should try to.  The least amount of sub you need to feel ok, the better.  Try just taking 2mg.  Wait about half hour -see how you feel.  It really sounds like its too high a dose for you, so all things lead to lowering that dose.  1) its making you sick and 2) the quicker the taper the better before you become completely dependent on it.  Dont let that happen to you.  I hated sub the whole time I was on it, but yet found myself on it for almost 2 years.  We are all happy to hear from you and wishing you nothing but luck.    
I got bad heartburn from Sub as well, and that was from just 2mg!   then if you take large amounts of ant acids....along with the Sub, you get major constipation!  
Well i feel better as i just spoke to my dr. and i told him i want to cut back to 6mg even though its only the 3rd day, as the 8mg is too strong. I told him i feel the way i do when i took many hydro's ( the nasusea, cold clammy skin, goosebumps, headaches ) all of us on this site know ourselves and what the symptoms are/were when we took too many. he says it sounds like im detoxing, but judging from my experience with this **** all these years he said fine, as i know myself. But he said to have the other 1/4 piece with me in case 6mg piece dosn't work. im gonna do 6mg for another day or so and go down to 4mg. He wont be happy but its my body.
16 mg a day is alot..unless u were an IV drug abuser or on methadone at a high dose for a long time....u describe wd symptoms that i had in ur post....i dont think i felt as bad as u described during the 4 days of physical wds...i would imagine it is from too much sub tho....unless u had a 300 mg a day oxy habit..that is a bu!!load of sub...be safe and talk to ur doctor about these symptoms
As i put in my last post, i did speak to him and like i said before, you know yourself and when you take too much of the oxys, vic, hydros,etc. my DOC was always the hydro's 10/350 approx 15- 20 per day for years, well until i would take my usual trips to a detox center to detox, but then i'd pick up a month or two later or sometimes, as soon as i got out. From what all you guys (and gals !!) have been telling me and from what ive been reading, 8mg every 12 hrs is way too much, i can tell that what im feeling IS NOT wd's, but too much of the sub. So im gonna do 6mg now, and another 6mg at midnight, and see how it goes.
            I just wanna say thanks again to all you on this site that really seem to care, you have no idea how i cant wait to log on and read these posts, they really mean alot, so im still not sure how to use sum of the features here, like inviataion, etc, please invite me to all...lol.....take care, get i'll get back soon.....
I completely agree with refusingbondage.  Please just try 2 mgs, and then if after an hour you don't feel okay, take 2 mgs more.  You sound like the kind of person who is a firm believer in following your doctor's orders.  There is nothing wrong with that, but your doctor has never needed or used Suboxone.  He is going by a piece of paper that they got when this drug first came out, before it was able to be studied in long-term users.  Trust me, you will feel so much better on a lower dose, and LOWERING your dose against doctor's orders is not at all defiant.  It is realizing what you feel in your own body, and doing what's best for it.  Defying your doctor would be to take MORE than recommended, which is what we did when we were addicted to pills.  Like paaddict said, some people have great experiences and some people have horror stories.  Mine started as a great experience, and it really has done wonders for the way I feel.  It is just that now it has been a year, and I am starting to feel like I am stuck right back where I started from.  If I can prevent anyone else from going through the same thing, that is what this forum is here for.  Please just try lowering your dose.  You can always take more, but you can't take less when your body has too much and you get headaches and nausea.  I have not had one negative side effect since dropping down to 2 mgs daily.  All the best!
I wrote my post before I got to read yours somehow, just incase something I said didn't make sense or was explained in your post.  Listen, cutting down to 6 mgs twice a day from 8 mgs twice a day is not really a big difference.  It is still way too much.  Suboxone is only needed once a day.  It will last the entire day.  It has a very long half life, and when you stop taking it, you will actually feel the effects for two or three days.  Most people I know take one 2 mg pill once a day.  I take mine every morning in the shower, so that if the effects happen to ware off at night I am asleep and don't notice.  Going "down" to 12 mgs a day will still give you nausea and headaches.  You said that you are only on day three, which means that your DOC is still leaving your body.  It is during this time that you really need to find the lowest dose possible to do the job.  If you keep taking large amounts, and just suffer through the sickness, your body will get used to it, and then after your DOC leaves your system, your body will want more of the Sub.  I was started on one 4 mg pill a day, and even that was making me sick with the same symptoms you are describing.  What you are feeling is not withdrawal, because according to the comparison scale between Suboxone and other drugs, you are probably taking more opiates than you were before.  I know you have no reason to listen to people you don't know, on the computer no less.  But if you try taking a 2 mg pill (or even a 4 mg pill), once a day, if you don't feel okay you can always pop another one.  Just try it for one day.
Thanks Lynn79, I appreciate the reply, I really do. Well, I took the 6mg at noon, instead of the 8mg. I already feel a little tired, my head is filled with cobwebs, my vision is wierd, & my pupils are pinpoints again. But i feel better inside that I already stepped down from 8mg to 6mg. Tonight at midnight i'll take the another 6mg. By the way, the first night i took the 8mg, i felt like i took 20 mg valium !! im was knocked the hell out !!, then last night, hardly slept at all, tossed and turned like i was on wd's., but did not have the twitches or the sweats, no wd symptoms just couldn't sleep. Anyway, i do wanna go down to 4 mg and then 2mg, i just dont know, or don't think i should make such a drastic cut in the sub, so soon. What do you guys think. Stay on the 6mg for another day or so, then go down to the 4mg, etc ???????..........
I think you are getting some good advise here. How long does this doc want you to be on it? If it's a long time that's a bad sign especially for vicodin. That means he's treating all addicts the same and he doesn't know how to use this drug. I could be wrong but am probably not. I would listen to the people who have been there more than this sub doc. I don't want to see you suffer later.
Hi Mdan -----  I just wanted to say that, after my experience with Sub, I hope you will stop such a high dose.  The ones on here who advised to try just two mg and wait are right.  You can always take a little more if you really need to but I can tell you that when you want to get off of Sub -- it will be very difficult.  Taking less is better and you can determine you body's need by just taking a small amount.  I wish you all the best.
I think that right now isn't a time that you have to worry about tapering, or making too drastic of a cut.  Your body has so much of the Sub plugging up the receptors, that it is not going to notice if you change your dose around.  Each and every day that you take 6 mgs, or 4 mgs, twice a day, is another day that your body is getting used to the dose.  It is right now that you still have a chance to find the lowest dose possible to keep you out of withdrawal.  That's what this medication is for, to stop the withdrawal symptoms.  Taking more than is required to do that will make you feel high from it.  Please.  Just TRY taking at the most a 4 mg dose (if you're scared to jump way down to 2), and see what you feel like for a whole day.  I think you will be suprised.
is there anything besides these drugs to help with withdrawls?? has anyone used xanex??
I love you guys...sniff, sniff....the support & advice is amazing...thank you all...i agree with what Lynn79 said in one of her replies about " 8mg to 6mg is not a big difference ", she was right, i took the 6mg at 12noon and now it is 5;20 pm and i still feel groggy, dull headache ( not as bad a before) , a little nausia, not as much as before, but it is so hard to concentrate on anything, like if i try to read, forgot it, i just stare at the same thing for it to register..screw that, im going down to 4 mg tonight at midnight, and start with 4mg tomorrow afternoon at 12pm. I'm startin to get a little scared (well, scared isn't a good word, more like concerned ) as just about each and every one of you guys says the addiction comes way too easy on this stuff and is way too hard to kick, and yes i do feel nice and high from the sub, WHY YOU ASK ? DER! cause my freakin dose is obviisioly too high !!.........waiten on ur replies, guys.....take care....
mdan9mm if you still feel groggy from your noon dose, then why take another dose?  You really dont need it.  Why dont you try NOT taking the midnight dose and see how you feel in the morning.  Subs should normally only be taken once a day.  I took mine in the morning too, this way if it started wearing off much much later in the day, Id sleep through it.  Try taking just 4mg tomorrow morning.  I mean if you start to feel really sick-withdrawal sick-by midnight then take 2mg, but I would try to hold off.  Subs are meant to stop wd from opiates, if your not in wd and feeling high and sick from the subs then why take so much?  The point to taking them is to not have wd and not feel high.  What is your plan for subs?  How long does your dr. want you on?  Please think about our suggestions.. you are talking to many people who have been through it and are giving you good advice... just trying to prevent you from having a miserable sub experience ... taper quick and stop the subs quick - plainly put - you think you feel bad now but its nothing compared to what sub wd can do to you if you stay on too long..
Thanks i will do that, ill try and skip the midnight dose, and take only 4mg in the morning, that sounds like the game plan, even though my dr is going to be like " if ur going to stick with the plan, then you have to listen to us ", but ill just tell him that the dose is too high for me and its making me very high and very sick, and its my head ur messing with. even tonight i almost drove off the road twice, cant even concentrate when driving, the car in front of me splits into two !!.......thanks guys........
Really glad to hear your going to try it.  See how you do.  It worries me that your dr. would act that way...Good luck.. let us know how you do tomorrow..
sorry for being a pain the a** but i need an answer asap. i'll be out of work at 1100 pm so i have until midnight to take the other dose. Lets say i take a 2mg down from the 6mg that i took at noontime. what time should i wait before taking another 2mg ??? as soon as i get up, or if i feel ok then i shouldn't take it at all ??? i dont wanna screw up the shedule, blow the whole thing, and havve my dr pissed at me for not following his schedule ??? thanks gang..........mark.
Forget the doc if you follow him you'll probably be in trouble. Take the next 2mg when you start feeling something. These doctors really don't know and overuse this new SUBstitute narcotic.
Another question, hope you guys arent gettin pissed at all my posts. Just so i get this whole suboxone thing straight and not to sound stupid, its just that my brain is still cloudy coming off the all the vics & coke i've been doing ( the coke was for when  i couldnt get any pills, i would do coke so as not to go threw wd's.). NOW the real question just so i understand. IF im not having any wd's ( my period is usually 3 to 4 days of hell ) after which the wd's go away, i have zero energy, so i pick up again. a visious cycle. OK, so we know the sub blocks the effects (the receptors in the brain) of any opiates i take, IF i take them when im on the sub, which i would never do. and now lets say i do not have any more wd's.  fine.  Do you still take the sub for a prescribed time even though you have no more wd's, is it to keep you feeling " a little high " so you dont use again ? or is it suppodsed to block any temptation to pick up again ? not sure , like sum of you said that you have been on 2mg sub for a year or two ?? are u afraid if you stop taking the sub that youll pick up again ? along with the sub, my dr said i have to attend mandatory therapy sessions as they go hand in hand, which of course i agreed to. by the way, when i come off the pills, I get really depressed, which is why, i feel fine now, but im presently on 20 mg lexapro and 50 mg of seraquol to sleep and sum trazadone for good measure. Man this is getting complicated...lol....at least i know i'll get sum straight answers with you guys, thanks again, sorry for the long post. almost midnight, not sure what to do !!!.............
i got on sub due to the fact i was takin oxyz intraveionously bout 500mg a day and i got on sub started out on 8mg a day after a few days went to 4mg then coulpe days later went to 2mg then couple days later went to a crumb a day then went to a crumb every other day and then was off i was on it for bout a month all together and had absoulty no w/d when i was off! as a matter of a fact...when i was completly off i had never felt better in my life! i hope this helps ya out! the best of luck to ya! if you have any questions feel free to message me and i will be glad to help ya out! JENZ
the 16 mg u took yesterday or whenever will hang around for days....taking more now when u already feel over subbed is not the answer..these are not lortabs/vikes/percs etc,,these receptor sponges (Subs) stay on for days and dont let go/like receptor super glue....if u used 0mg tomorrow u would still be ok,,,u r oversaturated now...sounds as if u r still thinking if u take more u will feel better....like u have to take something every so often and u dont..u r getting clean now using a drug with a half life 12 x atleast as long as hydros....it is not gone 6 hours later...u r just piling more on top of it...let it go..let the need to take something 3 or 4 times a day go,,,this is a very long lasting drug and most hydro users would never need more than 4 mg and 2 mg as a rule...be safe...u r treading on a superdrug superior to what u know strength wise..if sub did a dance with hydro or oxy it would win every time....be safe....real safe
OK message recieved thanks group, very tierd going to bed, since im not holding anything back with you guys, which to do so would not being doing me any good, i did take a 2mg at midnight, dont wanna lie to any of you. but tomorrow i will NOT take any unless i get sum wd's........thanks again talk to you guys tomorrow.............
u r on track!  good 4 u!
That makes sense. Don't be a sucker for some doc that really doesn't know and wants to fatten up at your expense
Try to get it down to 2mg a day, for real.  And get off it as soon as you can.  Sub for hydrocodone addiction, don't even sound like a good idea to begin with.  Sounds like it is about as bad as when I got on Methadone for hydrocodones.  Talk about jumping out of the frying pan and into the Fire.  I still can't believe your doctor put you on 16mg a day.  I hope you get off Sub soon, people tell me if I go the Sub route for my Tramadol addiction, not to do it more than about 21 days.  You spend some months on Sub, and you will be addicted to that instead of hydrocodone, making your whole problem worse.  Much Worse!  I just hope you understand what you are doing.  Using Sub, you are playing with Fire.  Get off fast.  Don't spend 2-3 months on it or you will have a real hard time coming off, worse than hydrocodone withdrawals.  I take Tramadol and those are only suppose to be like 1/3 the strength of Sub.  I have no experience with Sub, I only know what I've read about it.  I never took Sub.
You will be very surprised when you get down to the proper dose, how normal-ish you will feel.  All the problems you're experiencing are definite signs of to much Sub. Your best bet would be to go down to 2-4 mgs a day. There is no reason why you should be on any more than that at this point. Because of the long half life of Sub, you can just take your dose once a day, or if you prefer , 1/2 in the AM and 1/2 in the later afternoon.
If you're worrying that your doctor may object to this or threaten to knock you out of the program,  Don't tell him, he won't know the difference.  To many of these Sub doctors would prefer that you are on the Sub a long time. (Cha Ching, Cha Ching, if ya know what I mean).
Just try reducing your daily Sub dose to 2-4 mgs daily for a few days, you'll see the difference.  There is seriously nothing to fear about cutting your dose down, much more to fear by staying at such a high dose.
I really believe in a few years we'll be hearing about a lot of side effects of the higher doses of Sub over long term use, such as circulatory problems and teeth problems (similar to methadone).
Good luck to you.
Magi
I completely agree with worried and flmagi.  The whole point of Sub is to BREAK the addict behavior, number 1 being the need to dose yourself throughout the day.  You are still doing this, and are therefore wasting precious time allowing your body to get used to the Sub.  And, you are still getting high.  You sound like you are very open to everyone's suggestions, but you are not following through with the advice.  YOU DO NOT NEED a midnight dose.  You are taking it and going right to sleep.  That makes no sense.  And to answer your recent question, Sub is not taken for long periods of time so that you feel a little high and do not want to pick up again.  The purpose is that Sub makes you only feel normal (at a LOW dose), so that your mind breaks the addict behavior, and this along with counseling makes you not want to pick up again.  You should be getting used to feeling normal, not feeling high.  Stop taking Sub more than once a day, stop taking so much, and really start to listen to us and let the medication help you.  If not, you will be in worse shape than when you started, and we are all only telling you this because WE HAVE BEEN THROUGH IT.  Also, stop telling your doctor every little detail.  Of course he wants you on his schedule; Of course he has no idea if that works or not, because he goes by what a little pamphlet tells him about this very new drug that NO ONE knows the long term effects of.  Nod your head, say "yes doctor," accept what he gives you, and split your own pills..  If you don't stop taking it the way you have been, you will continue to feel sick and driving off the road.  
what type doctor did you see to get this detox med? My good friend is taking this too..but he had to see an addiction specialist. Can you get it from a family doctor?
Suboxone can only be dispensed by a Suboxone doctor, licensed for that particular purpose.  Not any family doctor can give it, but some may be certified as Suboxone docs.
Wow i only read the first couple of post and then scrolled down to the bottom. there are a heck of alot of people here that have a heck of alot to say about sub. Well im one of them. 8 mgs at at time in my  opinion is too much. i have read alot on here about how other peoples doctors have prescribed it and the majority, in my opinion were precscribing too much. Well im no doctor but i did experiment with the sub for quite a while. First of all i have to tell you the stuff gets you high. I never got headaches or nausea though not at all. My doctor had me take only enough to help me not to feel the w/d's. 2 mgs at a time, wait about a half an hour, see how I feel, and then take more only if needed. they didnt just have me take it.
take as little as possible to feel better, take only a little at a time, and give it a chance to work until you take more. Thats my advice. And remember, it does get you high. Be careful!!!
I am taking all of your advise and thank you very much. as you know in my last posts, i have been cutting down on the sub. im onlt aking 4 mg around 6am and thats it !! no more before bed ( that was pretty stupid ) and i feel perfectly fine, and i was getting high on the 6 to 8 mgs i was taking, like i was back on the vics. thank ill keep you posted.
Thats great. Happy to hear your doing better.
Actually, Family Dr.s can prescribe it, as long as they get certified in it. I know this because my family dr. is who I got it from and who I did my short term sub treatment with. He did not take my insurance for it, but the prescription was covered with my insurance.

Also, I do NOT think that 8mgs is too high a dose to start out with, depending on the addicts dose and how long they have been addicted. If you are on a high amount of opiates, then 8mgs is considered low. So this person may not have been on too high an amount to be given the 8mgs to start. Now, the headaches are a sign of being on too much. So, most likely, it does need to be lessened. Talk with your dr.about lessening the dose.  TO start at 2mgs is not alot. I mean, I agree with you only needing 2mgs once it is in your system as it builds, but not to initially start. If 8 is too much, drop to half a pill, every 12 hours. And go from there. Then, after a few days, drop to 2. It all depends on what his Dr.says and if he is doing a short or long term sub treatment. Good luck..

Lisa
I really don't understand why Dr's put pill addicts on such high doses of alternative opiates for such long periods of time! I talked to a councilor at a methadone clinic one time (i was intersted) and he told me that there are no detoxes for methadone that are less than 21 days. The law requires 21 days (in my town anyway). And he told me that when people finish the 21 day detox, then they will have about 30 days of W/D's! I was like "what the hell!!!" Then he tells me 21 day detox doesn't even work. lol. People need to do atleast 6 month programs, and even then they will have to go through W/D's because w/the 6 month detox, they can not get you down to less than 1mg methadone a day, and people still have to W/D from that! None of it made much since to me. I think the shouldn't use it more than like 5 days, just to help people get through the worse part of withdrawls, and not allow the people to get dependent on the methadone!!!! That makes more sense to me..........
Hey, I'm glad to hear your on to a lower dose now.  I was on sub for only 25 days where I started out at 16 mgs a day also.  Weaned down to 2 mgs over the few weeks and then stopped.  The wds to me are much worse and much longer than just from the hydrocodone itself.  I think maybe it's because they have a longer half life so it takes longer to get out.   I went back on lorcets after 8 days of wd's that never got any better as the days past.  I wish I would have read more on it before I ever took it.  I was just looking for the easy way and there is no such thing.  Stay strong and I hope everything goes well for you and good luck.
I sure am glad sub wasn't a real popular subject when I was getting clean. I probally would have jumped on that wagon train fast. But for the grace of God.
hi all....just logged on for the first time...reading your veiws on sub and sub treatment has really pricked up my ears for me...im currently on 16mg a day and thought this was not enough...WOW...i will be reading u guys posts with great interest from now on ...and maybe who knows....i hope i can contribute from time to time...after all...no one knows an addict like another..
Day 6, yesterday i said was day 4, but apparently insomnia has warped my sense of time. Anyway, your giving me hope, all of you. My w/d isnt methadone, i quit cold turkey from 32mg's of suboxone. I always thought i knew what pain was, i was wrong, i know now. I actually fell asleep at 6am, woke up at 1 pm, and had my first meal last night around 3 am. I woke up, and i felt so much better, i was so so happy, its over, i made it, awesome! NOPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 2 hours later, a physical feeling like nothing in days past took over. Im crippled again. I am on Thomas recipe, started yesterday. My hypertension caused me to start seeing stars while walking, needless to say, my face is no longer pretty. A 3/4 inch gash above my eye. Oddly, everything else hurts so bad, i barely felt it. SUBOXONE DID GET ME OFF THE OTHER STUFF, BUT NOTHING IVE EVER BECOME ADDICTED TO, HAS HURT ME THIS BADLY. kEEP A VERY VERY LOW DOSE, AND WEEN OFF IN UNDER 2 WEEKS.
p.s., WHATEVER YOUR HOOKED ON, JUST QUIT C/T. I GARUNTEE ITLL FEEL BETTER THAN SUB W/D
Hey everyone, im about to start suboxone in two weeks as i have to have a medical. I was taken 115 dihydracodine 90mg over 2 days and try to get more from my doctors. Im from Scotland and wondered if anyone had any advice before i start treatment?. If i dont stop what im doing i will loose my gf of 5 yers and my three kids . Ive just turned thirty. Any responce is welcome. CHEERS.
I just started day 2 and let me tell you that the 8mg twice daily yesterday had me sooo wired.After going 26 hr of w/d and then starting my 8mg sub in about 45 min. i felt great ,like I had just taken too many Percs.Im wondering if 8mg is too much for me>>??
im on day 2--- 8mg twice a day. this *****.. I dont feel like doing anything. All I want to do is sleep and watch tv.. Am I on too much??? I dont feel high at all, I feel like I have taken tylenol PM
It depends how long you were on opiates I was a 9 year opiate user im on suboxone 4mg 2x day it although it helps some days it is not enough. Good luck ive been clean for two months but I also would take anywhere from 12 to 20 sometimes a day if I was only on 2mg a day I would have relapsed that why jsome ppl are on higher doses.
I had one of those dr's that just kept prescribing me subox.  I was on 4-6 mill per day for 5 years.  I simply traded my hydrocodone addiction for a suboxone addiction.  About 3 months ago, I decided I didnt want to b owned by suboxone or anything else.  Started my own tapering process.  Got down to a sliver...probably about .25-.30 every a.m.  Was actually feeling that euphoria on that small amount.  Shows how potent this drug is.  My last dose was 13 days ago and even tapering to that small dose.....I'm dealing with heavy wd's, insomnia, no energy, etc.  I was on this stuff way too long.  Taper as quickly as u can n get off this stuff as quickly as u can.  I wish I had heard that advice 5 years ago.   U can do it...I assure u.