Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
3 months today!
About This Community:

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

3 months today!

Every ten days goes by quicker and quicker!  I can't believe I'm counting months now....I've been told several times not to think about the future but to just focus on today which is wise advise however I think a positive attitude about where I want to be in the future is a great way to think and stay motivated as well. To everyone starting out...try to see your near future as a healthy and sober time in your life...you're the only one who can give that gift to yourself...
12 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Awesome girl!!

Love your always positive attitude!!  Congrats on 3 months!
Blank
Isn't it cool when we get a month under our belts and finally start living. Have you noticed not thinking about the pills as much and just enjoying your day?? I'm so proud of you!!!!!.

I piece of advice and please please keep your guard up. As addicts we tend to get comfortable and somstimes that's not a good thing. So ksep that guard up and remember where you came from
Blank
4407520_tn?1363015465
congrats like bama said keep up your guard, an addicts brain looks for any problem or excuse to use, keep it up your doing great!!
Blank
The mental weight that has been lifted is worth any discomfort of detox.  I, as well as all of us, was such a prisoner of mind and body to pills. I prayed daily to take this burden from me until I realized its up to me...not anyone else. It's my responsibility to take control and I did. Not to toot my own horn but I am doing so well and feel so free I can't even describe it. I wish there was something any of us could say to those just beginning to help unfortunately there isn't...all I can say is find your own power and reasons for motivation and take responsibility for your past and your future. I have excellent aftercare with my counselor and psychiatrist. I can't imagine going back to that life...it's just not worth it for a little yellow pill...thanks everyone!
Blank
4149717_tn?1389507161
Ohhhh im so excited for you honey!! You have worked really hard and have done such a great job!

You have also been such a HUGE supporter and asset to this forum and have helped so many people who are struggling!  You've always been positive which breeds positivity from others! I love reading your posts and they have helped me even in so many ways!

Keep moving forward, stay guarded and no looking back!!

Say hi to the Chi for me and Congrats on 3 months!!! Time to celebrate (clean) lol

Xo
Blank
Thanks Teresa!!  All of the work is worth it...i have worked so hard and this has been the biggest accomplishment of my life and I just see great things in my future...I think I've earned it and I hope my positivity will uplift those who need it the most. Hopefully you'll be headed to Chicago in the spring...that would be awesome!!! Talk to you soon....
Blank
2107198_tn?1336139706
Very cool.  Congrats!

Bryan
Blank
1827057_tn?1397523877
awesome andie keep it up
Blank
Andie, So very proud of you. All your hard work has brought you to this place of peace and strength. Enjoy life now that your free! Just gets better and better.
Blank
4722421_tn?1360712171
I am a relative new comer (day 18) so stories like yours make me believe that I too can achieve the momentous! Thank you for the inspiration and congratulations on your amazing accomplishment!
Blank
470217_tn?1360568961
Congratulations, Andie!!
Blank
Head up, guard up, keep moving up. The real you is shining! Nice Job.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Addiction: Substance Abuse Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...