3 rd day in switch to suboxone- doing well
I recently went from 35mgs of methadone to suboxone 16mgs, 8 am and 8 pm, and it's great.  I had to detox for several days, actually I dosed on fri morning then switched to sub on monday at 3pm.  It went so well and I feel so much better I can't even believe it.  No more clinic probs and the Dr is so knowledgeable that I had complete comfort.  I had a raging oxy, pills and then heroin addiction for apprx 10 yrs.  The done let me reenter life, work again and regain control.  I recently had downed my done dose to 35 mgs and was able to change to the suboxone.  I was reading some old forum posts and was very happy with what I saw.  
  If anyone has any suggestions or input please let me know.  
                      Have A Great Day

Lissa1127
Sorry, I guess my question is.. How many success stories about Suboxone do we have here in this forum?  
Missa--

There are quite a few success stories that I can think of off hand. So,you're in good company here.  One member I think of as the Sub guru! His name is HenryS354. I suggest you look him up and read his journal. He is off Sub now and doing very well.
He can also answer any questions you might have and those you haven't thought of yet. He's an excellent resource person.

Good luck!
Hi Missa...I was on methadone for two years and before that I was doing any and every pill out there. I struggled for months to try and get off of the methadone and could never do it. I finally got on the suboxone and tappered from that within 3 months and made the jump. The tappering process for me was very easy and when I made the jump from sub I went thru very doable withdrawls. They lasted for only about 5 days. Good luck to ya and keep us posted...Angie
Thanx for the responses!  It"s now a few wks later and I never realized things could go so well. Suboxone was the answer for me.  The Dr said 3 mths and I could start to taper, and I am so excited.  I'm glad to hear the detox was not so bad.  I was told that by a few people and I see it must be true.  
  I will look up HenryS354 I'm sure questions will arise and I thank u for the direction!!!

Well of to life....  Melissa...................