Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
32weeks pregnant and on pain pills

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

32weeks pregnant and on pain pills

I am 32 weeks pregnant I have been taking pain pills through my whole pregnancy, My doctor knows, he has been prescribing them to me but has lowered me, but i did not lower like he thought he was doing with me. Now I know i need to hurry and get off of them but I dont think i can. I need to go to a rehab or something but i dont think anywhere will take me being so far a long. I cant cold turkey its the worst withdrawals i have ever had before. I dont know what to do. Im scared, I need help and cant get it.
You should come clean to your doctor because you aren't the only one feeling the W/Ds your baby is too. Your doctor will be able to help you
Do it safely for you and your baby.
I dont know what to say to him. he will be soooo dissapointed
There is no reason why you can't get treatment if you receive it in a hospital that offers it.  That way, you are getting the help you need, while being in the right place if something happens with your pregnancy.  Blessings - Blu
Please dont let what he may or may not feel stop you from telling him the truth.  Noone wants any surprises when the baby is born.  How many are you taking a day?  It isnt a good idea to hurry thru right now as the baby will feel what you are feeling.  I know this is hard but being honest with your OB will make you feel better and will ensure the safety of you and the baby at birth.
I am taking sometimes ten 10mg's a day ... today i have only had one 5mg and i feel like ****. horrible withdrawls. i dont go back to see my doctor for another week. i dont know were to even start this process
You are going to need to taper slowly due to the dose you are taking.  Are you getting some of the pills off the street?
yes mainly all off street
a friend of mine is suppose to sale me 6 or seven tens later.. i have been feeling pretty bad wd's all day!
that would usually be a days worth supply. but i need to start today to wing off... i dont know how tho.
You need to get into see your doctor soon, so you can tell him/her what is going on and exactly what you're taking.  Like sarah said, it's not good for their to be surprises like this, especially in the delivery room.  I'm sure you're scared, but you must come clean to your doctor in order to formulate a plan...and soon hon.
he cant see me til wends wat do i do im screaming for help n no rehab in the state i am in will take me
Did you explain the situation when you called the doc?  Are you talking tomorrow or next wed?

If he isn't aware, call and explain briefly to the office staff why you want to come in sooner rather than later.  I'm sure they will fit you in.