Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
3rd attempt to quit lortabs

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

3rd attempt to quit lortabs

This is my first time to post here. I have been abusing lortabs for 3 years, only progressing my addiction. I started out taking 1/2 of a 7.5 everyday (not much huh?) WELL, now I am up to 10mg 5 times a day, a huge jump, and I am a small woman 105lbs so I guess thats really equivalent to a man taking 100mg per day. Scary. I am very scared. I do have a mom who is 5 years in recovery, and she is a Godsend to me, so supportive, but perhaps a little to soft on me. She doesn't want to see me suffer.

This is my 3rd attempt at sobriety. This time I am going to an addictionologist. 1st time was cold turkey, but I was only taking 2 10mg tabs per day, and it was very rough, sounds silly, but I was taking them in halves, so I always had LT in my system, when I quit the chills, sneezeing, runs, coughing, runny nose, restless leg, anxiety. I only made it 4 days and relapsed. 6mos later I found the Thomas recipie and was pretty easy because I stayed knocked out through the worst of it. (I highly reccommend). I had about 15 days sober that time. I am hoping the addictionologist will give me Klonopin (which I used with the Thomas recipie last time) and something for restless leg. I would like feedback from anyone who has gone to an addictionologist or anyone for that matter.

Here are my questions:

1. Will they draw blood? I am terrified of IV needle.
2. Is there something better that I should ask for? ( for my level of LT addiction)
Thanks, please pray for me, I will pray for all of you.
The dr will probably discuss with you a new drug that blocks the opiates and targets the same area of the brain without getting you high while minimalizing the withdrawals.  I believe it's either a maintenance program like mathadone but not exactly since methadone is almost impossible to get off too.  It's called Suboxone and there are a lot of people here who know more about it.
I'm sorry you're going through this.  You can taper from that too.
Thank you for the prayers... we all need it and I will do the same for you.
Thank you Girlybuff. I will find more info on Suboxone.