4 Weeks Clean still suffering emotionally.
I have been clean for 4 weeks and am really having a difficult time with apathy, lack of energy, lack of appetite and generalized malaise.  I am committed to remaining clean but cannot tell you what I would do if there were drugs here.  I put myself on SAMe, B vitamins and L-Tyrosene 5 days ago.  Does anyone have an opinion of these dietary supplements and Vitamins?  Any suggestions on staying clean?
Hi there, well done on 4 weeks clean. What is it that you have come off of?
Hi Marty,
Congratulations on your clean time!  A month is a huge accomplishment, be proud of that.  Recovery is a process and takes time, patience, and a lot of work.  Are you doing any aftercare?  Getting much exercise?  The energy doesn't just come back, you have to go after it.  Cardiovascular exercise is the best way to produce the natural endorphins that were suppressed by the opiates.  The aftercare is really important-whatever that looks like for you.  It's about connection, with others and with ourselves.  Most importantly, be kind and patient with yourself.  It takes time to rediscover the person that was hiding behind the drugs.  Stay committed to your recovery, I promise your hard work is paying off!

Lu
I would take any Rx opiate I could get my hands on for about 8 mo.
Congrats on the 4 weeks!  My biggest improvements were made days 25-35 or so.  I sill had to drag myself out and get moving but found it easier as the day went on.  Im not gonna lie.. Redbull still plays a big part in my motivation and energy but it is getting  better.  Stick with it and im sure you will see some improvement soon.  Do anything you can do get yourself moving ..

Great job.. keep going!
Coming off opiates is a massive physical change for the body and mind. The way that you are feeling is quite normal. If you can manage to start getting some gentle exercise it will be a real help to making you feel better. Have you put any relapse prevention into place for yourself? It can be one of the main things in helping you to stay drug free. Keep posting, you can get a lot of good help and advice from this site. best of luck. Blue
Marty - Lu's right - you must chase the energy it doesn't just show back up.  I struggle with that every day, tomorrow I'm going to start getting on the treadmill for 5 minutes every single day no matter what - no more excuses.  I am 49 days today and my energy still isn't where I'd like it to be, that being said I DO have more energy on the days I force myself out and into activities.

I am intrinsically lazy so i will find every reason possible why I can't - it's recognizing that and pushing yourself beyond that will help get you over the hump.

When I crave I get myself occupied, I recognize what is going on and I get myself busy.  When I'm just sitting around home I start thinking about old patterns.  For you it sounds like you don't trust yourself if pills were to present themselves - what are you doing to put up roadblocks to keep that from happening?  

You've come far at 30 days and things will only get better and better if you take some proactive steps and keep moving forward.  
Hi Marty. I'm just going to back up what the others have advised...get out and
exercise! Start small if you're body isn't used to it...walk for 20 minutes, even if it's in a mall. Everybody is right about going after your energy. I also take SAMe and L-tyro and it works, but I also do about 40 minutes of cardio work 4 times a week. It helps with energy, mood and sleep. Take care and keep posting and CONGRATS on 30 days!!