Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
4MG. Subutex (question)

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

4MG. Subutex (question)

I just started on subutex(sp?), not suboxone today at 4mg. The doctor wanted to start me on a high dose and observe me all day to see how it affected me. I am shakey (shaky) and ill. He is having me come back tommorow to do 2mgs. I feel like I should do even less than that. For you guys who are on this, how much do you usually need? Thanks, Ggin35

P.S- Happy 4th! I hope you are all having a better one than I am!
2mgs was enough for me.... i felt strange when i took more than that at a time.. just tell him... you don't have to take more than you want to... its your body...
I will try the 2mgs tommorow but then when I am able to take it on my own I will probably just take 1mg. It's expensive huh? My insurance will only cover 12 pills for 90 days and even then it's $40. After that if I need more I have to pay out of pocket. Not to mention office visits. I have to go to two different places a day this week at $20 a visit. Next week I start with the doc getting me off of Ativan so that's three different places a day, $20 a visit. I'm glad my insurance is helping but wow!. I just try and think of it as all the $$ I would spend in the future if I stayed on all this ****. Then it evens out.
are you planning on using the sub for detox or are you planning on going on maitenence with it??

my pills were included with the doc visit... i am sure they are very expensive though...

just take 2mg tomorrow you will probably feel better... 4mgs isn't a high dose but it can be for some people.. i was sensitive to it.. made me speedy like sudafed does.. i stuck to low low doses... and got off in 10 days.. i feel great. i am glad i didnt stay on it longer... i think some people get hooked on the feeling of"'normal' it gives them...

keep me posted on how you are doing
4 is a lot to start on.... I would go completely with what FLaddict says to do!
It depends mate.I've been taking subutex for 5 years now and on 0.8mg twice a day. when i started though i was on 8mg twice a day due to the amount of heroin i was coming off and the fact i had been using since i was 14. On the other hand i have heard of one guy taking 36mg a day!
i started at  32 mg my first day and stayed ther for about5-6 weeks, i am now down to 12 mg..thanks to Fladdict, and i feel much better on the lower dose...try to stay as low as you can...