Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
4th day of ultram withdrawal

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

4th day of ultram withdrawal

I am so happy I found this site.  Can anyone help?  I'm on the 4th day of ultram w/d (took approx. six 100mg er's (chewed)a day for over a year.  I am much better with the physical pain today, but am wondering how long until I feel happieness again.  I have never suffered from depression but I am now.  Will I ever feel happy or is this the real level of happieness I felt before I started taking ultram?  How long until you are fully over this hell?  

Please help.
Depression from Ultram seems to take longer to get over than some other opiates, like Vicodin. However it will end.

If you were happy before, you can be happy again - it just may take a little bit. I seem to recall someone saying it took close to a month before the depression was gone (they got better every day/week, but a total of a month before starting to feel 'happy' again).

It didn't take that long for me to WD from Ultram, though I wasn't taking nearly as much as you (250Mg a day was the most I ever took).

In any case, you will get better, and I would say around day 6-7 you should start to notice it - it just may take a little longer before you feel back to your old self.
Hi there, let me guess, your doctor put you on Ultram (Tramadol) because you wouldn't get addicted to it, right?  Well, I fell for that as well.  Luckily, your system should be pretty clear of it by now and you will begin feeling better every day.  Just be patient.  I was choking down 15 to 20 tabs of it a day because it was so "non-addictive".  What an education I got!! Hang in there and stay close to the forum.  Lots of people are familiar with Ultram.  God Bless, Dad
Wish i could  help you with this, but i tried the Ultram before and it never did anything for me. This is why i went to percocet/vicodin...

Heck i even trough scripts away (Lots of them) that i had gotten for the Ultram.

But i can tell you that you will get better, the depression will pass, just takes some time. Hang in there - you will be the happy person you used to be before the Ultram took over!

Take one day at a time - Thinking positive helps too!
I know it is tough, but it will happen.

Good Luck
Hopeless