Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
4th day of withdrawals... question about my intake...

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

The last three months I've been on vicodin for two months, with some oxycodone, then this month I am on oxycodone, which is deplenished and bought some as well. It is day 4 of my withdrawals and the day 2-3 were hell. Today I feel a lot better when I took the loperamide, but my question to you is:

Will the use of the methadone (once a week for about 5 weeks) and my 1 fentanyl patch (50ug/hr 2 weeks ago) play a part in my withdrawals? Like I said it basically was oxy/hydrocodone. One source says that they won't play a part, but you know the more you get the better the confidence.

Opinions please..
I don't know anything about fentanyl,but I'm 9 months clean from methadone.If you were only taking it once a week for 5 weeks it shouldn't play a major part in your w/ds,but don't take anymore.Methadone is extremely addictive and a much stronger opioid then hydro or oxy.All the best....Kim
an opiate is an opiate is an opiate
It wont make any difference that you did the methadone as you indicate. And Traycee is correct in that most things just lump into the opiate pile for withdrawals.....the immodium helps nicely to do its own job and it is also a miniature narcotic..... You are basically withdrawing from the oxy/hydro mix - but they are all narcotics - - - quite similar. --  treat them the same way .........
Avatar n tn
Thank you for the thoughts and insights. It is the 5th day and I feel better. The only thing that I have is mild grogginess. Actually it's kinda rough, I am used to having a lot of energy, but this is kinda bad...