Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
50 days clean

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

50 days clean

Hi, I have lurked on here for almost two months, I had a hydrocodone 7.5/750 of 10 to 12 pills per day.  I am so happy that I finally decided to post on here, although none of you know me I feel as if I know most of you here.  You all have been so much help in helping me quit those demon pills.   well here is a little on how I quit my addiction, I went to the pharmacy to bring the script and the miligrams wrong, so the pharmacy called my doctor and the doctor told them not to fill the script because I had just filled one two weeks prior at another pharmacy, I was desperate because I only had one and a half pill left and so I took my script from them which was 60 pills with plus refills and I said, God if you are with me, who could be against me.  At that very moment I went back home amd took the one amda half pill I had left amd split it into small pieces and along with ibuprofen I would take a small piece a per day, I did this for 5 days and on day 6 I still had a couple pieces of hydro left and I said I am done with this evil demon pill, I threw those last pieces in the sink and flushed them down the drain and then I went and took the script of 60 pills plus refills and shreaded it.  All I felt during detox was, a little bit of stomach problems, lots of sneezing, coughing, running nose, and I cried alot and besides feeling without energy those were my withdrawals.  Today, I made 7 weeks clean (50) days to be exact and I do feel tired at times, but I am free of that addiction and I will never go back to it again.  So, if anyone is lurking as I did, you too can cross to the other side.  
Tags: day
A big big congrats to u!!!!!  That's a big deal!!   You are doing great!!!  Proud of u
Hi and Welcome!

I am currently on day 3 of cold turkey. Doing what you did...trying to taper a bit, and then shredding the script is AMAZING! Way to go!!

Congratulations to you on 50 days!!
Thank you, were one of my inspirational people here, thank you!!
You can do it, I was afraid of the withdrawals, but with God on my side and all these amazing people here, I did it and hou can beat this too.  Life is so good without those devils.  Congrats on your third day, you can do it hun.  
Aww really??  Thank u!!! I have my ups and downs.  But determined to beat this!!!! Congrats!!!!!!
Yes, I thank you. I know irs not easy,  but through Gods grace we will make it.  
Yes u are right my girl!!  By the grace of God we will make it!!!  He is my strength!!!  
God bless u!!!!!!
congrats on 50 days!  that is so great!  you are doing a great thing....just keep going and post for support if you need it...we are here for you!  Glad you are feeling better and posted!  
Thank you! you were also one of my inspirational people on here, I am so happy to have found this forum with so many amazing people.  
well thank you!! i have gotten so much help from the people on here....so i want to give back when i can...i'm still new to recovery so i'm still learning as well!  keep us posted on how you are doing!!
Congratulations on 50 days . . .that is huge, and I am sure not easy.  It is so nice to hear encouraging stories like this.....it helps to show people it can be done.  Keep it up . . . the days will keep adding up and you now have a clean and healthy future to look forward to :))
I had to just chime in..What a Very Inspiring Post..You go..Great Job on 50 days..You are a trooper..Ya!!!!!
God Bless
vickie
Thank you, as I already told a couple people on here that they were my inspiration and you too, were one of those inspirational people that inspired me to keep moving forward one minute at a time.  Its not easy because at times I forget and think about that demon pill, but I will never go back to that life, I am very happy as I know all of you are.  51 days today and moving forward.  
Woohoo. Keep on trucking girl!!  Great job!!!!
Vic, you definitely were one of first posts I saw on here and I continued to follow all the advise you gave to others -  I remember specifically you telling someone " see you on the other side" and at that very moment I said, yes, Vic, you will see me on the other side. I felt that although I didn't know anyone of you that somehow I was connected to all of you. I want to add one thing, I have never shared with my husband or anyone else that I was a addicted to hydrocodone, because I felt that if I told my husband he wouldn't understand me and would simply say just stop taking the pills and here I am 51 days later free from those demons, so, Thank you!  I feel so good and moving forward to see all I have missed in the last 15 years.