Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
6 months today!

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

6 months today!

I picked up a horrible cold and haven't been on MH much the past few days. When I logged on this am, I saw I had 180 days! I only have time to write a short post but I just wanted to give some encouragement and let others know that it can be done!

One thing that I did different this time was getting some type of aftercare going. I never 'bought into it' before. I always just thought I didn't need it / it's just 'not for me.' I kept doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results...wondering why things weren't changing?!

There is no cookie-cutter formula for what kind of aftercare will work for you. Try on all the different sizes! The important thing is that your wearing something! I wouldn't be posting this today without it. You don't come across many people that can do it alone. Be open minded. It will pay off :)
Congratulations! 6 months is huge! That insanity thing reminds me of that saying "If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got" or something like that. Aftercare was so helpful to me, and kept my recovery front and center. I was resistant, didn't think I really needed it, but I am so grateful I did it. It changed my life. So happy for you, it is great to see so many people recovering.:)
great job bright!! I'm sick too lol.Thought I would be better today.Though wrong.  keep it up You deserve the credit.
Congrats...and now I want cookies!   :)  
Thanks guys! Hope you're feeling better soon ricart!
Congradulations. Just like you. I didn't buy into aftetcare. Now I am a regular at meetings. And what a huge difference aftercare makes. I can't say that enough.

I'm glad we live in a society that encourges us to get well instead of sterotyping us as junkies.

When we are using and or at the beginning of recovery we feel so lost and alone. And we don't have to live like that. Its my opinion once we make a commiment to ourselves to get better...well we get better. I'm not saying it will be an ovrrnight experience. But...everyday we choose to be clean is another day we heal.

I am still and constantly struggling with lettijg go. Wow that's hard. But...those mettings give me so much strength. And so much support. Support I never knew existed. I thought I was the only one who thought this weird way. Now I know hetter.

Its so cool not to have to live like that anymore.
thats the best part of recovery.
Hi , Wow 6 months is great , Thanks for the positive post , others will see it can be done .
I am just behind you at about 5 months . I start every morning telling myself how good it feels to be pill free .
I Now  enjoy my days & nights . I will never forget how sick the pain pills made me ,how they almost ruined my life . My choice is not to live a life sick with pills and the no life they cause.
Funny how now when i have a painful day or 2 i can still be happy and smile , Never want to take pain pills again . I know now what just 1 Norco will take from me . Not worth it ... Ron
Congrats  that's awesome!!  Keep up the good work!!!
Hey Bright!!!! freekin tremendous girl!!!!  six months is huge!!!!  I'm so happy for you and proud.   :)))  when i first looked at your post i thought you were going to say you had 180 messages!!!! wow, now thats a lot.  But 180 days is better!  congratulations gf!
Great job!  hope I can be posting this myself some day.

Peace

Jimi
Congrats on 6 months clean!!  You wear recovery well~

Feel better!(you too ricart!)
woo hoo,yip,yip, yaaay. congrats on your 6 months clean and sober.
that is awesome. great job on doing something different this time.
the old insanity of doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results is so true.
so happy for you that you reached out for the help and are running the marathon on the recovery road with patience.
keep the faith.
keep moving forward.
Thanks everyone...I appreciate your kind words of congrats and encouragement!
WOW! 6 months is so huge. Thanks for posting that....I am thinking about aftercare as I don't really have a concrete thing right now except family & friends support and exercise community. Thinking about seeing a therapist but kinda broke right now. Guess I can get my A*$# to a meeting, right? Thanks for the good reminder to keep it moving!
wow!! that's awesome....6 months!  you go girl!  that is a great inspiration to me!  i'll get there too!!!  great post!  thanks!
Congrats on 6 months!  What an inspiration you are.  
Hey  congrats on 6mo clean your off to a great new way of life hop to see you more and more
..............Gnarly
HALF of a whole YEAR!!!!  So great, Bright!  Glad you are "buying into"
support and fellowship this time.  Isolation is not only a road back to using, but so lonely......that's how we felt under the influence, I'm thinkin.

Keep shining Bright.....and hope you'll be feelin better again really soon~
So Well Done!!!! Congrats Sweetie....day 14 here, looking to catch up with you : )
All my best.....love, Katya