6 stages of recovery
What are the steps of recovery?

There are six stages that addicts must undergo for long-term recovery:

Transition – The period of time needed for the addict to realize that safe use of alcohol or other drugs for them is not possible.

Stabilization – The period of time in which the addict experiences physical withdrawal and other medical problems and learns how to separate from the people, places and things that promote drug abuse.

Early recovery – When an individual faces the need to establish a chemical-free lifestyle and builds relationships that support long-term recovery.

Middle recovery – The time for developing a balanced lifestyle where repairing past damage is critical.

Late recovery – The period of time in which the individual identifies and changes mistaken beliefs about oneself, others, and the world that causes or promotes irrational thinking.

Maintenance – The lifelong process of continued growth, development and management of routine life problems.

I think it would be great if we could collect all of the information we can on recovery and make up a guide that would be in the health pages .We will be able to add to it at any time .As members find new info they can add it in .I am really excited about this .I think it will be very helpful for many members just entering recovery.
Lady - you are one fast worker!!!  And what you put down is a start for what I had in mind....congrats - even learned a thing or two myself..................................
Very good post. I think i am in early recovery yet.  Thanks!!!
LOL thank you .... We will start out with this and just add on to it .......
You go girl. Great post.
if u set it up in the health pages...then we can go there and post according to the phase we are in.....and share...cool idea...would help eagles idea about recovery too
Yes thats what I was thinking... Yes you can add right on to the health page all you have to do is go to edit .Then add
i think it is a geat idea...i need to figure out where i am at in this process   ummmmmmmmmm?
avisg, you'd make an excellent addiction counsler. you should go for it.
Great Idea...reminds me of wikis, e.g. wikipedia, but set up for recovery.

Fantastic,

Guy
I have been working on it the last two days .I am adding to it all of the time .I hope everyone will add to it.All you do is hit edit and you can add info.
avis, this is great info for all of us.  i am thinking avis is already a great addiction counsellor.  thanks for all you do for us.