Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
60-90 days clean?

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

60-90 days clean?

I am 10weeks clean today and i have found that this period between my 60days and getting to my 90days has been my hardest. I am just wondering if i am alone in that or if there is a reason behind that? i feel like an emotional mad house and those around me never know what to expect...
hi, no i think what your feeling is quite normal , i think its all your emotions coming back , and no drugs to mask them, you have done so well to get to 10 weeks, do you have any after care, that might help ,such as NA/AA or counseling, it took quite a while to become addicted, so it does take a while to totally get better, god bless
HI welcome to the forum.....sounds like you detoxed but are not treating the illness it takes work to stay clean we need to change the very way we think and reason to overcome addiction you can  make it a couple of months on strong will but it wont last forever as a whole we recommend treating the desiese of addiction with a long term support system such as N/A or A/A if not that a good substance abuse conslor or addiction therapist is an option but this will not go away on its own it will require hard work on your part ....just know in the end it is so so worth it living in recovery is a beautiful place I wish you the best of luck God bless....Gnarly  
nope, u r right on track.. it sort of just gets better at the 90 day mark..

i promise

Thanks guys for all your responses. I am at AA/NA and still attending an out patient program but i have to say i still find everyday very hard. My partner is in rehab in Pretoria and that weighs down on me alot as i have no idea how to fix my marriage along side my addiction destruction. thanks again
My ebergy level was low during that time but came back at about the 90 day mark.  Another reason might be motivation.  When we first stop, we are usually very motivated, I was.  I went thru a period of being very proud of myself too.  Then, after a few months, it is not so exciting anymore I guess.  I am just reciting how i felt.
Support helps keep this fresh..remembering what a good job we did, cos quitting is sumpin to be proud of and the 90 day mark is a huge hurdle,,,it is when the brain is healed enough to make this easier on us.  90 mjeetings in 90 days...AA saying and a reason for it

I found posting here and helping others kept me motivated, and meetings,,,i would hear horror stories and remember why i quit!

I think your clean time is great and you should covet every second of it, but always keep an eye over your shoulder...and keep posting