Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
7 days subutex when to taper?

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

7 days subutex when to taper?

Tomorrow morning is seven days on subs and 2 1/2 weeks no methadone. Was doing 100-200mg methadone daily. I feel better than I have in years and my energy seems to be returning. I don't want to get complacent and stay here. I'm taking 8mg sub in the morning and that's it. My doc suggested another 8mg before bed, but I didn't feel like I needed it, so I didn't. Though I feel like normal, I'm not sure what that even feel like anymore. I want to be completely free of all chemicals, but I don't want to jeopardize my program. 3-4 years of methadone has left me in a fog. How fast has anyone done this sub detox and what might anyone suggest be my next move. Thanks for helping me get this far, you helped save a mans life. God bless you every One.
Bumping your post so someone with more experience can help :) Congrats on taking the steps needed to get ur life back You sound great and very positive keep it up One day at a time :)
Glad you decided to just stick with the 8mg of sub in the am.  I tapered off 8 mg of sub .  Just take it slow, this is not a race, you don't want to go backwards so go slow and steady.  I wouldn't taper off the 8mg in less than a week, i say 1 -2 weeks depending on how you are feeling.  Best of luck to you and keep us posted.
Hi your best bet is to talk to your sub doctor....I would say slow is best especially since your coming off methadone you want to give that a chance to get out of your system first this could take a wile a month is realistic but ask your doctor............Gnarly