Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
87 days........

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

87 days........

Clean off hydro 120mg day 6 year habit

ALMOST AT THE 90 DAY MARK!

Like i said in a previous thread, im worried about a relapse due to the football season approaching.....

Other than that im perfectly healthy!

Gained a HEALTHY 25lbs....im tan, i sleep 8-10 hours a nite (slept 10.5 hours last nite)

hang in their....day 10 for me.
CONGRATS!!! Keep going strong..As for the football season deal with that when it comes just keep in today and don't make a reservation for yourself!!!!! You will probably remember more of the season sober :)
Well done bull, your almost at 3 months, woo hoo. I am worried your talking yourself into a relapse. Football is a lil trigger for me too, I love it so much and with football parties and excitement brings cravings sometimes. I hope you keep posting and getting support cause regular season is less than a month away and you have come so far to fall back. GOOOOOOOOO BILLLLLS, stop laughing at my team, haha.
Laughing....

TO is gonna make a HUGE difference.....
Congrats on your clean time!!!  Keep moving forward...........As for the football season, instead of worrying about relapsing make a plan to stay clean.  Dont let football games be your excuse to relapse.  I watch football too but i will be damned if i am going to relapse over that.  Find healthy things to do during the games.  

Raiders rule!!!  TO is washed up!!!!
You can find any reason to relapse. Football is just the most convenient. Do you have an aftercare program in place? That's what aftercare is for...to help deal with these triggers.
im about a c-hair away from relapsing..............
Start talking to us bull.......let us help you thru this
89 days.....

I dont know why, i just wanna use again......

Football season is gonnna put me over the edge
Don't do it! I'd do anything to have 89 days clean. Try making a NA meeting or something today. Only takes one hour - talk to someone at the meeting and get some support. Don't waste 89 days of effort - the same reasons you got clean 89 days ago would probably become crystal clear again, along with some serious remorse if you gave in. Remember, football season is going to come and go whether you make a bad decision or a good one. If it's not football season, it's going to be something else. You're just going through textbook PAWS - strong urge to relapse on important milestone dates. Stay strong, keep posting, and look back on this with renewed strength.
I'm going to be honest here. I've been around here and seen how well you've been doing. 90 days is one big accomplishment. But, if you've already made up your mind that you're gonna relapse over a football game, then maybe you're not ready to quit. You need to learn to live life on life's terms, not yours. Football is life that you can't change. Things you can change are where you watch the games...surrounding yourself with clean and sober people while you watch them...and, making sure no temptations are around while you watch them. You can also go to AA/NA meetings and get some advice on how to handle triggers. You'll also get some names of people who you can call and keep you sober. Here's the real question...are you ready to do anything to stay clean? Or do you want to be in misery over a football game? We have to act our way into a new way of thinking...not think our way into a new way of acting.
Do you really want to throw all this away??  Football is just an excuse.  What will you gain by using again??  More misery and maybe even death??  Come on bull, dig deep and really think this thru....You have NOTHING to gain if you go back.  Read up on PAWS in the health pages and get to some meetings.  Keep talking to us......sara
When I am disturbed it is because I find some situation person place or thing ----some factor of my life---unacceptable to me.......I can have no serenity until I come to terms with the fact that at this moment everything is exactly the way it is suppose to be.
I need to concentrate not so much on what needs to change in the world as on what needs to be changed in me and my attitudes
Surrender is the key to total freedom from active addiction.---Sometimes when times are tough we need to surrender more than once a day---sometimes every hour or break it down to every minute.
It has been suggested to stay away from SLIPPERY places, I know thats how it worked for me. And still does today.

You can't save your face and your a-- at the same time.I suggest that you might want to sit the EGO ( edging god out ) up on a shelf until you get more clean time under your belt.
Those that matter... won't mind... and those that do.... don't matter. This is your life we're talking about.
Take what you like....and leave the rest. The choice is yours to use dope ot not to use dope......................Good Luck
If you relapse, you will jinx your team so be ready for a 2-14 season. You got some great advice here. Stop setting yourself up for this, enjoy the games sober like me now and just swear more, I find it helps me, especially being a Bills fan, haha. Stay strong dude!!!