Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
90 days off methadone!

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

90 days off methadone!

This is the day I've been waiting for. I didn't even get a 30 or 60 day chip in my meetings. Everyone I know says that methadone is a 90 detox adventure. Now if I want more energy I have to start working out harder. I think back at my insanity and thank you for your patience. I give a great deal of credit to those of you who have hung around to keep this forum alive. Sure, I did it, but so did you. If there's anyone out there looking for hope that never dies, you found it here. God bless you, every ONE!
For those coming off methadone, I want to re-word that. The detox was less than a month, I've been feeling good for a while, the 100% return of energy is what took so long. I'm accomplishing more in a day than I did in a week on drugs.
STANDING OVATION!  BRAVO!

This is a huge deal and I'm happy and proud of you!  Very.   xoxo
Hey there weaver, congrats on your recovery! Now it's my turn, I am not going the Suboxone route though, I am now at 20mgs and dropping 1mg/week, going to go right down to 0, I know it is going to be hard but so far so good.
congrats weaver!  you dont even know how much you have helped me kick the sub, diffently god sent, stiill fighting the energy thing though, its getting better each day, starting to sleep at night some, its crazy one minute like everything is good than i will get a mild symptom but dont last long, just sneezing alot, never did meth, but seen people come off it, hats off to you my friend, diffently god sent my friend!! god bless you and your family!
Thanks for the support. Wish I could have tapered. I still think that's the best way. I may have been able to do it if I had been on this forum when I tapered. I went on the sub program right when I learned about this wonderful resource. Contrats on making it down to 20mg, that's impressive. I'm cheering for you. Having that stuff out of my system really opened my eyes. Life is so much better.
Glad you got off the subs. Yeah, subs are weird how they go in waves like that. A lot of people feel that. It's been 63 days since I jumped off the subs. It was very helpful, but I'm glad it's gone. You can tell how high they make you when you stop taking them. The full range of emotions return. Thanks for the support and helping me keep going. I really believe that addiction is an I thing and recovery is a WE thing. I'm so glad we made it.
Thanks for everything Vicki. I know you truly understand how huge 90 days of methadone is, like only a methadone addict can. You're like a superhero to me.
I'm so happy to read this Weaver! Best wishes! Thank you for all you do here! Every time I read a post where someone is struggling with Methadone or subs, I pray you will respond! You are such an inspiration! Don't ever leave! This forum needs and appreciates you so much!
90 days is wonderful!  You deserve a large round of applause!  
Weaver, your post made my day! First off, your post are among my favorite to read. I love your simple common sense way of expressing yourself. What an asset you are to this forum. Please keep sticking around with your valuable words. Time to treat yourself to something special...YOU deserve it!
Congratulations!
that's the way to go !!! I agree with all the post. you are incredably straight foward with your guidance and we all need you , and appriciate your input. please do something nice for yourself. that's huge. not alot of people get off that merry go round. because of you and a few others I'm at day 17, no subs...
congrats weaver i read all ur posts. i started  my sub taper yesterday u r an inspiration to people on here dont forget that.
congrats I wana b wher yu are Weaver
Congrats on 90 days weaver!!    You have been thru he!! with this and here you are!  There is nothing that you cant accomplish.  Hold your clean time sacred, your life depends on it~~sara
Thanks again, old and new. My addiction continues to make me doubt my usefulness. Your comments mean a lot to me. I was so very close to death so many time and now I'm full of life. I couldn't complete a thought and now I'm getting A's in college. THE FOG DOES GO AWAY!!!