Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
A little bummed

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

A little bummed

Yesterday I was so physed that I was doing so well of the opiates that I decided to quit smoking as well.  After all through this whole ordeal I didn't smoke for 2 days.  Well I broke down today and had a couple of cigarettes.  I guess that I will go back to my original plan which was to get my opiate addiction under control and then quit smoking.  Anyone have advice?
omg  DONT EVEN THINK ABOUT QUITTING SMOKING DURING ALL THIS LOL.  that would take just too much.  you are doing very well with the drugs..get beyond that before you p$$s your body off again.  there is plenty of time for that later  as a matter of fact i am gonna quit in about another month.  i will have my 90 days on thursday, so i figure one more  month and i can quit smoking.  wish me luck
cathy
that was my plan also, i have been clean over 3 months, but im scared to quit smoking. i haven't even tried, so i give you credit for going 2 days. one thing at a time though right? lol.
Yes, please stay on track with getting clean.  You can deal with the cigarettes later. You are doing great but this is a tuff road and now is just not the time to quit the smokes.  My opinion anyway.  I just know I sure couldn't do it.  Great job , stay strong.  
Cathy, congrats on making it 90 days.  I really want to quit smoking before Ian can talk.  I usually don't smoke around him except in the car, and I try to make sure the smoke goes out the window.  But I don't want to do any damage to him.  I just figured that if I could do one I might as well try to quit the other as well.  I don't think I can though.
i feel ya on the smokes, i want to quit em, they suck.... but i know its one devil at a time. i wouldnt give quitting cigerettes a secong thought rite now ,focus on one problem at a time. no reason to feel bummed, all in due time....
I quit smoking 8 years ago.....no way would I do both at once...I was not using then...one battle at am time...dont set yourself up to fail at either...slow and easy
One thing at a time. One day at a time.
Thanks for all of the support.  I feel better now.  I really need to quit the pain killers first and then I will think about quitting smoking.
Good plan firefaery...one evil at a time!!
I could not imagine quitting both at once....I don't smoke anymore...but i remember when i quit drinking...i really smoked alot  while i was in treatment for 30 days.This was a long time ago,..but you could still smoke IN the facility....the smoking room was a BIG HAZE!!!! ..everybody chain smoking!!!   LOL
Yeah I felt as if I needed something.  I didn't want a pain killer but I was dying to have a cigarette.  Funny huh?  Well I have been smoking since I was 16 so that would be 11 years of smoking and only 3 years addicted to pain killers.  I have quit smoking in the past but I always seem to go back to it, probably because my husband smokes and my friends smoke.  I will kick this habit too.  If I can kick this opiate addiction which is playing more games with me physical and emotional than the cigarettes ever did, I will be able to quit.  Maybe when I have 90 days under my belt and the mental cravings for an opiate aren't so bad.
I would concentrate on the pills first and when that's undercontrol then stop smoking. Watching these addiction shows they have on TV they always say it's fine to smoke.

Dove
Thank you!  I am not feeling so bummed anymore.  I plan to get some time under my belt and then try to quit smoking again.
i quit smoking same day as dope and man that was to much to ask of myself...4 days later i smoked without guilt...i am still clean from dope,day8 ct...i smoke again but one thing at a time man....quiting 2 loves is to much to ask of my lil walnut to handle at once
HELLO ALL, I LOVE this site,  reading what everyone else has wrote has really been helpful...I am addicted to Pain Killers and am in the process of Stopping...The Withdrawl (withdrawal) is KILLING me and wanted any suggestions on what I can do to ease the Chills, Sweating, ect......Please let me know if you have any advise.  

Thanks-Feenin
The pill's are hard enouph..don't even think about the smokes right now.
There is no way i could do both at once.
By the way, u are doing great, I'm proud of you!