Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
A little to much to handle

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

A little to much to handle

As some of you know i am now on day 3 of coming off my pain meds.  I was talking 8-14 narcos and vicaprofens daily to "cope" with the pain of my chronic ovarian cysts.  I am also bi-polar/manic depressed.  well i called my psychiatrist today to refill my prozac to be told that i have a deductable of $500.00 that has to be met before i can see the doctor or i can just pay the $380.00 cash amount without filing insurance to see my doc.  WOW i just had surgery 2 weeks ago and went back to work on the 21st ZOOM IN ON MY EMPTY WALET!!!!! I expained that i am trying to come off pain pills (even thoe my ovary pain isnt gone) but i need to know is it ACTUAL pain or my body jacking with me to get me to take pain pills. only one way to find out.  anywhoo the nurse said the doc can give 10 samples of lithium. PASS i took that a few years back i was a freaking wakling ZOMBIE could barely function.  so i am now stuck with coming off pain meds and also coming off my depession meds since i cant be seen. I was diagnosed bi-polar/manic depressed years ago and spent 3 months in a mental institution because i did was has now been labeled "cutting"  I know it was stupid but it was 14 years ago cant change it now.  what if the tendancys come back? what if I cant do this? i just dont know what to do right now. It seems to be i keep getting more and more bad news since i decided ENOUGH WITH THESE LITTLE YELLOW DEVILS.

Thank you in advance for your love, compasion and suport.  please dont leave me negativity i am REALLY trying my darndest to see the light at the end of the tunnel..

des
You might look at the Health Pages near the top right. Look at the Thomas recipe and the post on amino acids. Aminos can be used to help with moods but they conflict with some antidepressants. If you are off them, they might help. A physician typically bills the insurance after you see them. They are not in charge of your deductible, the insurance company is. A regular GP Dr can prescribe Prozac but they might not with your history.
see that is what i thought as far as the insurance goes and they said that i have a physical "not how it was worded but u know what i mean" that was met and then a seperate mental health deductable. I think that is **** but what can i do.  Im gonna go check out what you said right now.  thank you very much for reading and commenting to me it means more to me than i can express.

thank you,
Des
It doesn't seem right to me. It is not safe to c/t off of Prozac. Did you ask if you can work out payment terms? Sometimes they will. I get so frustrated with the medical/insurance thing. It is no longer Health Care. It's save a buck for us care.
i don't know about your insurance, but with mine it is all the same.  when the deductible is met, it is met!!  i think you maybe need to find a different dr, or maybe go to an after hours , urgent care place. maybe even the emergency room.  most insurances pay 100% of emergency room visits.  for the mental health issues you have.  i don't think you shoud be without the antidepressants while stopping the pain meds.  

I will be praying for you, Dear, that you can get the help you need and that God will remove the torment of the bipolar/manic state.

Luv, Lucy
thank you guys.  I pay more in insurance than i do for rent and i have 4 kids so you know im in a 3 bedroom apt. LOL  so you would think it would be good. I did not ask for a payment plan but i will.  did you ever think if you can get around the phone natzis as i call them at the doctors office and talk to the ACTUAL doctor you could get more done.  I have gone to her for 6 years and i just dont see her as the kind to turn her back.  especially with being on these meds for so many years, you would just think that went against an enthical code or soemthing.  I dunno but i am going to call back tomm and DEMAND to talk to the actual doctor not play talk to the nurse who CLAIMS she talked to the doc and tells you what she said.

thank you again to all
Aww. I wish I could really use a ton of profanity at the American health notCare system. They spend billions on some stupid drug war and yet can't take care of their people who are trying to help themselves.

I wish I could just fly you up here to Canada where you'd be given the best care in the world for free. Hang in there girl. You can do it.

Blessings from the Great White North

Your a fighter plain and simple!
thank u very much!
May I suggest that you call your insurance company yourself???? There should be a toll free number on the back of your card. This all seems very suspicious to me.

Shari
I know it sounds simple but i never thought of that. i generally just roll with the flow, which i shouldnt do since i am an accoutant and i know how it works. pot, kettle, black i guess for me. LOL.. I am going to call them today.

thank you