Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
A straight up mess....

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

A straight up mess....

I love to sleep. I love taking my klonopin and passing out for days. Wake up, eat pills, sleep more. A week before Christmas I was out of klonopin, so I decided to take a bunch of wellbutrin. That was a very bad idea. I felt like I was hypnotized. It was the absolute biggest mistake of my life. My 18 yr old son knows his Mom is a pillhead. And I now have $4000 in medical bills from ER. Every month I tell myself to not abuse the pills. It's to the point I will just take tylenol to have sensation of swallowing pills. I need help.
Have you sought out any help for this outside of this forum?  This sounds a lot like depression issues.. your wanting to "sleep for days" and the fact that you took a "bunch" of wellbutrin makes me think something in your life is causing you great sadness.  Why did you take that much wellbutrin?  Were you trying to hurt yourself?

Have you talked to a therapist about any of this?
I agree with the above! This really sounds like depression..
Have you considered counseling??? Dealing with the depression will also be dealing with the pills!
To want to sleep your life away is because of some underlying issue..
I agree with the others.  It sounds like sleep is an escape.  Taking all those meds is so dangerous.  You could easily overdose.  I'm sure your son is very worried and possibly angry with what you're doing to yourself.  You can work out a payment plan for the ER costs.  You may even be eligible for free care and someone from the hospital can help you with the paperwork for that.  Please call your doctor and let him know what's going on.  You need help badly.  Is there anyone but your son that you can talk to or that can help you.