AA/NA thought for the day
Living One Day at a Time
Time management
It's surprising that some alcoholics learn how to "live one day at a time" while drinking.   It had to work that way, or their drinking life would have been even more intolerable.  It was convenient to shut off thoughts of tomorrow if one had enough money to drink today.  It was also convenient to blot out thoughts of yesterday, which only meant remorse.
In sobriety, living one day at a time is an excellent way to focus our minds so we can pour our energies into the work at hand. In reviewing the wasted yesterdays, we can always find ways that we could have been more productive and effective.  But we missed opportunities because we were still struggling with regrets or fearing what might happen in the future.
It's never too late to change all that.  We need neither regret the past nor fear the future.  The AA secret is to make the best of today's challenges.  It may mean just chipping away at a massive problem that seems insurmountable.  Living just for today, we can do today's job well.
I'll live comfortably and happily in the here and now. This means releasing the past and accepting the future as something I'll deal with at the proper time.
That's how I am learning to live my life....I always looked back..so much regret and lost time! NA/.AA or not....that is an excellent general principle that we can live our lives by!
Thanks.
Marcie
I TOTALLY AGREE... No matter how you do it; AA/NA whatever, this is a wonderful rule to live by.

I just wanted to share a little of what the cult program advocated... hahahahahaha
KIDDING people!!
That was Perfect.. Thanks.
I have just recently stopped smoking (6 days) and i'm really struggling. i'm over 1 year clean off of heroin and doing well. i really have to work the program vigorously to keep abstinance from smoking, any advice or tips?
Hi, kragy

i really wish you luck with the smoking issue :)

i tried to quit on the first of july, i had some days clean and my anxiety rocketed...i went back to smoking :( i was scared of putting my clean time in jeopardy and my well being with the anxiety , now i have cut down what i used to smoke and i am even proud because i swear i never imagined it was so hard...( i am almost 2 years clean off opiates) ...

i have no advice but wanted to wish you all the best !!!!!!!!! :)
Hi, i have been sober for 7 months now and i feel really great. i know that God has been there with  me all this time and guiding me. my life is taking a new turn everyday. am ready to take up any challenges that come my way. thanks to my fellow members who have been there with me at all times just for today i pray that i'll be able to work hard and do my work at the office and also learn more things.