Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Abusing Prednisone and Percocet

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Abusing Prednisone and Percocet

I have Addison's disease and an immune disorder. Needless to say, I have a lot of medications to take. I am also bipolar which makes it extremely hard not to over medicate (if a little makes me feel okay then twice will make me feel great). I've been doing over doible of my dosage of Prednisone (20-25 mg per day) and I have kept the Percocet down to 4 pills (7.5/325's). I have lost a lot of hope but I would like to know what to expect out of the Prednisone abuse in light of the Addison's factor.
hi, i am sorry you have all these problems, i would stop taking too many prednisone,take only what is prescribed for you, they are important in the treatment of your addisons, they are to help control the hormone cortisol,in you and your blood pressure, along with your metabolism.its not doing your addisons any good at all, also i cant see what you would get from taking too many , (feelings wise), so that would be a good start, it must be hard for you , with the bi polar illness but its important you take the right dose of prednisone, take care,