Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Accutane with Spirulina

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Accutane with Spirulina

I understand that accutane is a derivative of vitamin A, and that you should not take vitamin A whilst on it as it can cause toxicity.and i want to take spirulina capsules, which does contain vitamin A, is it ok ?
Hi There, My son has been on accutane and I did stop the vitamin A before he started. The spirulina I think would be fine, but not positive. This may be a good question for the "ask a pharmacist" forum. Good luck!