Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Actiq help

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Actiq help

My boyfriend has been taking Actiq lolipops and the patches now for about 6 months and before that percoset.  (He is not in any legitamite pain.)  He took the last patch off on December 31st and is now going through home detox.  So far so good.  Main problem is lack of sleep.  Any suggestions? Also, he says he is ready to quit and is over drugs and alchohol and we are going to an AA meeting on Sunday. Any suggestions on:

1. how to sleep and when to expect his sleep patterns to go back to normal
2. help on staying clean
3. programs/ books that could help

I have never used drugs and not sure on how to help or what to help him to expect.  Reading the blog has helped. So thank you! Please let me know.

Thanks again and good luck to all of you.  This seems like a horrible thing to get addicted too.
Tags: Actiq
You will not be able to help him sleep and he may well be miserable for a few days.  He is a lucky boy because he does not have to go through this alone as many of us are/did.   He has you...be his mommy, his girlfriend and his police officer all at the same time...he is going to need you for a few days.
I am on day 7 of detox from hydrocodone and still sleeping crappy, but feel otherwise well at this point.  It could take him up to and beyond a full month to be back to a normal, living human...when he makes it...he will owe you many massages...good luck.
Thank you. I appreciate it.   Good luck.  You are starting a new clean life and that's exciting. May the Lord be with you.