Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Addicion + relationship

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Addicion + relationship

Hi Im an addict, Ive been addicted to heroin and crack and methadone for ages, I met a woman online from the US I care about her and love her.  She has tolerated my addiction but now she is sick of it........every day she asks if Ive scored drugs Im ussually honest and if I have it causes an atmosphere.

I am getting sick of these "atmospheres" and Im getting sick of it for her too, it cant be nice for her. I cant stop taking drugs I have no control and I will never stop.  She thinks I will despite me telling her I wont.  

Part of me wants to walk away from this relationship or atleast have a break for a while.  You dont have to tell me its my fault and Im messed up, I know that.  I cant take this any longer and I dont think she can, any advise??
Hmm... well it sounds like you've already made your decision.  You've chosen the drugs over her.  I wish you good luck.

And we're here if you ever decide you're ready to stop.
do you want to be clean and sober?
or are you only doing it for her?
you have to be sick and tired of being sick and tired from using.
then you can work on your recovery.
are you still using heroin, crack and methadone now?
have you ever tried to get clean?
Essentially, this forum is for folks who want to get clean from substances...so getting off all that junk would be my advice.
Sure.  If you are not ready to seek drug treatment and/or do not want it, that is your choice.  I suggest that you do not bring others into your addicted life, because it's bad enough as it is.  I will add you to my prayers that you seek help someday.  Blessings - Blu