Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Addicted

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Addicted

Hey there

Well first of around 2 years ago I went through a horrible depression. Never being a good sleeper and still to this day my reg doc wont help me. My friends mother gives me sleeping tabs sometimes and I usually take two during the weekend.

Was wondering if I keep this up will I become addicted?
Hi!  You certainly could.  Maybe you could find a different doc who might help you more? They might would give you something to help that would not be habit forming.  Good luck!  And no more taking pills from other people!  If you get caught, you could go to jail!  You definitely will NOT sleep well there!
First of all, you should never take prescribed medication that is not yours.  Second, there aresleep aids that you can buy OTC that work pretty well.  If you continue to take medicstion not prescribed to you, yes addiction is a possiblity, along with other complications.  Please stop. - Blu