Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Addiction to gasoline

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Addiction to gasoline

I'm ashamed to say that I'm in my 40's and yet I'm addicted to sniffing gasoline!  And I can't find any other help on-line.  Is there anyone out there that can give me advice on how to stop?  I am killing myself slowly but surely.
havent heard that one since high school,,,but i know it can happen but is probably mostly mental verses physical in addiction terms...not sure if tapering would apply?   CT would apply and it is just a matter of saying "this is really stupid"  just like me and other pill heads have had to do....just want it bad enough that u stop....not sure if the amino acids would help but it could not hurt..staying busy and focus on positive behavior...make a promise tio urself..keep posting..support helps alot
welcome ,
what you have is an inhalant addiction .There is a lot info and help for inhalant addiction. I know you already know how dangerous this is .google inhalant addiction.
you can recover from this .
I googled it and it had no real steps different than narcotic abusers and alcoholics quitting..it is a change of behavior and dopamine and NT may need to be replenished so the thomas recipe can help u especially tyrosine, 5htp and phenyalanine...u r seeking those moments of pleasure like all here...u r not different ..just a different DOC than most...u might be a bit smarter than most of us pill heads as u did stay with a drug that is relatively inexpensive.....but it burns up brain cells and u know this..take some time and let urself heal..keep posting
His addiction may seen cheaper but the risk of death and permanent damage is alot higher .  Here is some information for people that have never heard of it .

Because users tend sniff inhalants repeatedly in a session, they risk a serious and possibly fatal overdose. Overdose can result in extreme confusion, blackout, coma and convulsions.

An overdose can also cause an erratic and accelerated heart beat, which can lead to heart failure and death. Some people seem susceptible to these cardiac effects after low doses of inhalants, and there have been a number of tragic first time user deaths.
There was just a 21 yr old man that died about an hour away from me.  He was sniffing inhalants.  Please stay here and talk with us.           sara