Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Addiction to xanax

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Addiction to xanax

I have been taking xanax .5 mg for almost 2 years now.. I find myself somedays VERY happy and I don't even think about taking them.. but other days I find myself very reliable on them. I am only 21 years old and do not want to depend on these for the rest of my life for happiness or to quit shaking ect. I also have horrible migraines and never can sleep at night.. do you know any healthy, natural things I can do to solve any of this? I feel like I am addicted to the pills.. Thank you
Yes, sweety, it's the drugs.  Stop them now.  Google taper schudule.  Ask your doctor for a non- addictive medicine.  One day, you will be in my shoes if you don't stop now.  My doctor raised my medicine from Xanax to klonopin.  From 2 mg Xanax to 3 mg. Klonopin.  After alittle more than a year, I find myself here, reading the reality of what I have done to myself.  I am determined to stop.  You are so young and strong.  You will be so surprised at how fast you can recover if you detox now.  Call your doctor.  Gook Luck.  Keep trying.  You came here for a reason.  You can do it.  We are here for you too!
Couldn't agree with crybaby more. Your on a low dose , but for a substantial amount of time. Chances are you are already dependent and DO need to wean off. Can you talk to you Dr. and get him on board? As far as natural things, many use valerian root, calming herbal tea's, meditation, regular exercise, soothing music. I find exercise is the best thing to combat anxiety along with a warm bath before bed. Glad you posted, your on the right track.
Xanax is a benzodiazepine prescribed for anxiety.  You are on a very low dose, but everyone who takes a benzo regularly no matter how little the amount, becomes dependent on it (different from addiction).  You would need to be tapered off under a doctor's care if you want to come off it.  A great, natural sleep-aid is Melationoin.  Your brain naturally excretes this chemical around dark time, and more as the night goes on.  It makes you tired, but sometimes our natural melatonin isn't enough.  You can get it at health food stores, or anywhere herbal remedies are sold.  With this chemical, it is not necessary to go for the 10mg bottle.  A 2mg bottle will do you equal good.  Another natural sleep aid is catnip tea.  Yes, i said catnip.  Crush it into a tea-ball and allow to steep in a cup of hot water five minutes.  It tastes terrible.  I make mine, then stick it in the freezer for a few minutes to cool it off, then just down the whole cup, and follow it with something that tastes good. :-)  I hope this helps.  Blessings - Blu
Thank you so very much ! God bless you <3
Thank you. I actually woke up this morning and ran 2 miles. I didn't have to take one until tonight when I started feeling anxious. I also just took a hot shower. Thank you for your time.
Thank you <3