Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
After effects of cocaine binging

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

After effects of cocaine binging

I was using cocaine (snorting) every night for about a month, i was spending roughly 500 dollars a week on it. I finally had the power to try and stop after i realised what it was doing to me as a person, my relationships, and my body. I have been clean for a week but i still am having problems with my nose. I have een putting vaseline in my noe every night to help it heal but it still feels dry. Are there any other suggestiong i.e. nasal sprays, other moisturizing tips to help me while i go through this. Im trying to keep my mind off using but my nose still hurts and feels dry, hopefully if it stops hurting i will be able to stop thinking about it completely.

Im in need of help.

john
Hey JohnZ,I also had a pretty bad 10 year Coke habit which ended 5 years
ago,but I did a couple 8balls about a month ago,just out of the blue.My nose
was bleeding and all scabbed up.Just 2 straight weeks of fun and I trashed my
nostriles for a good month.Anyway,to get back to your comment John,I personally didn't get the uni-nostrile thing from doing so much blow.LOL.Sorry,
How is your nose? Do you have any real long term damage that your aware of?
I didn't think I did that much damage to myself until I went on a plane,and the
cabin pressure gave my sinuses(which must have gotten wrecked from the Coke)
so much pain,that I thought I was having a stroke when the plane descended.
I'd have to say that the after effects of doing the blow would have a lot to do with how much,how long,and how pure it was.I rememmber seeing pictures of
people with like half a nose from doing so damn much blow.Wouldn't you think
if half your nose got trashed,wouldn't it be time for a change?Let us know if you
have any major problems from the binging?Mine is just all the eating that I used to do once I stopped the binging.
I doubt i have any real long term damage to my nose, but putting up anywhere from a gram to an eightball a night has done something. It is just very dry and still bleeds but i have only been off for a week lol. i just didnt know if there was like usefult hings to help that pain like vasaline in my nose etc.
I don't really know too much about what to do for damage in the nose caused by cocaine bc I rarely snorted it...I used to smoked it, but I've been clean from that **** for 2 years now. I just really wanted to come and say that I'm really proud of you for stopping!!! That is great. I know its a really awful drug and what it does to ppl (beleive me...been there, done that) So stay positive and keep up the good work, sometimes one hour at a time.
How long after you stop does to take for your nose to dry up? and to stop bleeding?  do you know of something are a way I can tell if my husband is still on it

By not knowing nothing
This is an old post and will get bumped to archives. G to the top of this page and hit the post a question button. Hope to see you in the forum.
If you want to know if he is still using? when you suspect it stick you finger in his nose and taste it. Sounds gross but it will tell you. When I was real bad with it this is how my wife busted me.
John there isn't much you can do to help your nose,try neosporin. It will take time for it to heal as you have just gave it a tremendous beating. It may take a month to heal and be very careful as you very likely to get a sinus infection if you don't have one already.
This is an old post. Start a new one. Post a Question.
I know a way to make your nose feel better. Stop snorting coke.  
i just got back from a wild night in Las Vegas and my friend said you nose has blood on the edge of you nostril. The night before i had a bloody nose and dont remember if i rubbed too hard and scratched my nose. It left a lil cut and scab. Im sure it had to do with the coke i used that whole weekend. At first i thought the worst and worried i caught an STD but i showed a few people and they said it just looked scraped or irritated. i am using neosporin and i went to church to pray for forgivness. Im never using coke again, it makes me a violent person and it facks up your body inside because i can feel my kidney pinching inside. I was wondering if anyone has had that same thing on the edge outside of the nostril that looks like a scrape or almost a cold sore. does this go away? is it an std or am i just worrying too much
One this is a very old post that you attached yourself to.  If you want answers you should just go ahead and start a new thread.  As for the sore, keep putting neosporin on it, it will eventually go away.  Cocaine is actually cocaine hydrocloride as "pure" coke is not soluble in water.  So they make the derivative which is very acidic and therefore irrates the nose lining.  I'm sure that you know not to do that stuff again!!  Not good for you.  Anyway ?I'm sure that it isn't an STD unless you had your nose where it doesn't belong!  In addition to the neosporin there is this stuff called OCEAN which will help clean out your nose and restore the natural moisture.
my boyfriends says he doesnt not do cocaine but his nose is always constanly runny. and now its always bloody and scaby...its so scabby and bloddy his nastral is completey day and now larger then the other one..what should i do..do you think its is from drug se please help me thanks
This post is over 2 years old. Please, post your question as a new post and you'll get some feedback.
I used cocaine for about 2 yrs about 4 times a week, I have stopped now for 6 months but I am really worried about any long term health risks! I always feel unwell and I am concerned it has something to do with being a user for so long!! anyone know of any reasons why???
The date from the original post is over 2.5 years old. You will get more response if you start a new thread. Also, if gizzy32 is still around---he's had a few rounds with cocaine and may be able to give you some good advice.
Hey Lisa, you know ive been feeling the same way.I used to think i like this drug cuz it doesnt have side affects and i can control it. but i did it for about 2 years and also messed up my left nostril. But here is the important part for you,it took a couple of health classes and dr appointments to reaize it but i have been feeling ill, tired, lazy and like i now needed this to motivate myself. I pretty much felt like a dead beat no matter what.if you have bled out your nose as much as i have then there is your problem. I have became slightly anemic from the lose of blood and when your body doesnt have the proper blood supply and nutrients it needs, you will feel hepless. I dont think people realize that all the bleeding and sweating and increased metabalism from the drug drains your body of its nutrients to feel energized and good. I pretty much recomment you start takeing multi-vitamins and Especialy IRON pills to restore blood loss. Im starting to feel like the old me again,energized and motivated. Give it a try for, may take a couple of week, but it should help.
Hi I've been snorting coke at least 10 year on the weekend,now l started doing it during the week ,I'm in a bad relationship and that where i get it from and that's y i dont think im strong enought to walk away i have a two year old with him he use  the stuff  to **** my head  i so wont help to stop take coke im so asamed i cant even go to my doctor
You can do saline rinses two times a day. If not much better in 7 days, see a Dr and tell them you have a sinus infection and get antibiotics  to help it heal. The damage is permanent, but scar tissue will form.