Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Again, positive stories, words of encouragement

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Only please! Positive people, even if feeling crappy. Need your help! Feeling down and out. No energy still!
Mood is okay, kinda down :(
I'm really sorry you have to go thru this. I can promise its going to be so worth it. A year from now you will look back and be so proud. What day are you on?
Sounds like a classified ad...lol. (just trying to add a little laughter).

Energy is a tough one.  I never had too much energy before pills so that was really hard for me in the beginning.  I have to say tho, I feel like I have more energy now than I ever did.  I just joined a gym and actually went!(instead of just talking about it like I normally would)

Don't be so hard on yourself.  You're allowed to feel down every now and then.  Just take the time to baby yourself a little.  Maybe do something nice for yourself that you enjoy.

Don't give up...you'll get through it.  And you'll be glad you did!
Lol lol! That was funny! Needed that laugh! Thank u. I'm on or about 22 days
The lack of energy is horrible at the beginning.  It does gradually come back and before you know it you will have more energy before.  I was really surprised because I used to take pills for energy and now that I am healthy and clean I have more energy (on most days) than ever before.  Good luck! You can do this.
I also wanted to tell you taking a multi vitamin with B12 daily helps so much.  Also eating healthy and excersize.  Good luck!!
Great Job on your clean days HEY! Lets all go to the gym........
Keep on truckin forward and do not look back.
God Bless
vvic
Thanks, I can't work out yet because of sprained ankle. I'm getting more fatigued because I can't do much. Lord know I try. I hate those damn pills. What they have done, evil littler monsters! Thanks for the advice guys. ;-)
I know what you mean about the lack of energy and no way was I going to make it to a gym.  Walking around the block was hard enough.
What I did find helped was drinking Carnation Instant Breakfasts.  They are loaded with vitamins and minerals and taste really good.
Just try and stay positive and know that you will get your energy back.
It is discouraging that it takes so long and then the lack of sleep on top of it but you are one day closer to getting there.
Hi , Congrat's 22 days is great .
Took me about day # 30 to really feel the energy returning , Still had some up's & down's till about day # 60 . Now at 5 months every thing is normal with energy lasting all day , I wake up feeling good ready to start a new day . I do melt after 6:00 PM and by 9:00 PM  i am sleeping like a baby.
For mood & emotions i think we can help ourself by remembering to think positive , This tuff time will end and the fight is so worth it. Take pride in yourself for fighting so hard to get your life back ... Ron
Yeah, like everyone said energy can be real tough in the beginning. I know the gym helped me alot, but with your ankle I understand you can't right now. But also eating right and taking the right supplements were a big factor as well. How is your diet? That could have an impact on how you feel. You are doing great though, 22 days is a big accomplishment!
it's a good thing, bc it takes time to get better and your brain will catch up...
the first year is hard, and you can make, a lot of the things said here is good, getting exercise, eating right, hobbies, meetings.....ect and the same for feeling down and depressed work through it if you cant ask for help be with somone, most important dont be alone too much....and before you know it your time has passed...
The gym is key, but if your injured then it has to wait.  Good diet, loaded with fruits and veggies helps the brain heal faster.  A quality protein supplement and a amino acid supplement will also enhance the healing process for our very fouled up brains.  Hang in there, you are doing great.

Bryan
Thank u all! I did a bad thing today. I'll start new post! :(