Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Alcohol use
About This Community:

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Alcohol use

There are nights when I get home from work, and I decide to have a few beers. However, more often than not, those few turn into 12 and fifteen. The funny thing is, though, that there are nights I don't want a beer, but I start drinking them anyway--even if it takes an hour to drink one or two. Then, after that, I get into the drinking.

I hate being alone, but the drinking hrlps me NOT be depressed feeling and bored.

No, I don't drink every night. I definitely don't drink at all on weekends, but I do catch myself drinking at least 3 to 4 week nights. I can go without the beer, but I find that I am drinking it anyway.

What steps can I take to stop this, and why do I find myself drinking when I am alone during the week but happy and not drinking when I am not alone on the weekend?
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Try not to buy it, I know it sounds easy, but try buying your favorite soda, or try club soda.  Alot of people getting off beer, like it because it is bubbly also!  Good luck, we are here for you  if you need us!
Blank
Coming from a long line of professional alcoholics....I was one of a handful in my family who didn't drink, BUT turned to prescription drugs instead to numb the pain of my problems.  
I feel for you, & I think counseling would help you tremendously because of what you said about the aloneness, it helps me and no one would ever have to know if you didn't want them too.  
If you're not ready for that, try going out in the evenings instead or on a bike ride or to a movie, somewhere where there is no alcohol.  Don't worry, you WILL make friends in non-alcohol areas!  And you will make it out of this, not only because you have us, and I'm sure family somewhere, but YOU have taken the first step to realizing that you have a problem, and that's the biggest, good luck!
Blank
try buying non alcoholic beer they say it tastes the same but no alcohol, not really a drinker myself.go out once in a while for a drink with my wife.the bowhunter
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Addiction: Substance Abuse Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...