Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Am I having a cocaine overdose?

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Am I having a cocaine overdose?

I was in this forum a few months ago with questions about cocaine and alcohol.  Well I am back with another question concerning cocaine.  Memorial Day.... Did a few backs of cocaine with a friend and felt great! Went home around 2:30am and layed in bed and thats when it all began.  My eyes were rolling in the sockets... my heart began to race... I began to sweat... I couldnt breathe very well.  I was breathing but it felt like i could not get enough air! I took a hot bath and felt like i was going to faint... took a cold bath...i was freezing.  Anyways, I tryed so many things to feel better up until 6:30 am when i finally began to calm down.  It is now 12:17 and i slept about 4 hours.  My heart was racing so fast I was about to call an ambulance but my mom would kill me before the cocaine would!  I was having these weird convulsions.  My arms were shaking and my fingers haven been shaking for months. I really felt like i was dying.... I can't explain how horrible I felt.  My question: Was I having an overdose??? or was I just going through something that everybody goes through when they do too much cocaine?  Couls I have died??? my EXTREME question... I am a 20 female in Miami, Florida.... I dont have a drug habit but i do tend to use cocaine about once a month and i always over do it... I am leaving into the Navy in October so I hope that will help me alot... if I use cocaine again and i feel my heart racing and etc.etc.etc.... can you PLEASE reccomend something to help when im experiencing this?  Is there a special remedy?  ANYTHING... please name a few things. Thank you so much.  
*MiStiCiLLuSionZ*
***@****
You are so young with so much ahead of you. How much do you love life? With those symptoms I would care less what my mom thought. Read some of our other posts darling. I for one would like to see you around for a long long time. If you react like that I would waste NO time see an emergency room. I certainly wouldn't make that my drug of choice again. You already stated you over do it. AND YES IT COULD KILL YOU! Get checked out dear and make sure your heart can take it. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. In my opinion this is serious. God be with you,
Also you say you are going into the Navy? I don't think you are ready to serve in a defense position till you sort this out. I tell you this from my heart with nothing but good intentions only.
Magick & Power 2 U,
Peace and Light on U,
Wizard
Ok,,, here's the deal...you were here before with the same symptoms,,,,then you thought it may have been a panic attack,,,,maybe it's time you really seriously thought about you r situation and take our advice in your first post and take wiz's advice this time..it sounds to me like you do have some kind of problem even though you deny having a drug problem...you are so young,,,,and if you think the Navy may help your problem you may want to think again...while I'm sure they do random drugs did you ever hear of the infamous geographical cure?  it doesn't work..if there's a will there's a way...come clean with your mom, go to some support groups  12 step groups  get a handle on this no one can really say if you were od'ing on coke who knows whats going on  maybe siezures,,you need to get checked out by a physician before you my dear check out for good..it does happen to people your age,,,hon, you are not immortal  who's to say next time you go on a binge that it won't be much worse if not fatal....we say this stuff to you out of concern not anger,,,but binging and having the symptoms then posting here will not help you...you have got to help yourself,,as long as you come here with what you are doing we, will continue to say the same thing....please,,,take our advice..do yourself a favor,  you say your mom would kill you...well, my dear you must think about what would kill your mom...to see her child die?  these are the facts...good luck and God bless.....love to all    cin
I don't know much about this except a classmate of my youngest brother died a few years ago in his bed after doing exactly what you did. He was so young and had his whole life ahead of him. I never drank or used drugs until I was 30 years old and I still don't drink. I remember that I had a great time without the drugs. I am now 38 and trying to get off of them for good. I wish I could go back and not start, but I can't. Find out why you need drugs to have fun and feel good. Please don't wind up like me. It is a whole lot easier to start than to stop.
i'm going to be blunt:  don't be dumb.

cocaine speeds you up. that's what it does. i don't know where the line is marked for a technical overdose, but the fact that you were scared (and about to call an ambulance) says something, and shouldn't be covered up by 'remedies'.

you did too much that night.  i've experienced the same thing only a few times. but those few times made me realize i was messing with something i didn't want to mess with - my life.  

nobody's perfect, and i'm certainly no angel, but go easy on yourself. a heart can age pretty quickly on that ****.     the cat
Who knows what is in these street drugs?  Maybe strycnine or something even worse. It's pure insanity to put this poison into your young body. Unless you really have a death wish?  J.B.
I rest my case,,,,,need I or anyone say more?
Listen,,,take a look around.,,,,Thomas  30 year addiction, Jb, Wizard, Me, Jenny,,,look at us...how we either have struggled or are still struggling....you are 20   if I had someone when I was 20 to tell me what a living hell my life would be like in ten years....I probably would have thought twice...I dunno, maybe not,,maybe we have to endure sooo much before we finally come to our senses....you have the ability to quit now while your are ahead but if I remember right you do drink heavily am I correct in saying this  if not, please forgive  me...I am a mom albeit of a 7 and 3 year old...but I still have to look at what may be in store for my kids....I  know from this forum what my mom went through with me.....give it up, think hon, get help....I hate to preach but man, this is what gets to me,,,,God,  I want to just stop one person from going down that path....my goal  just one...please  let it be you....love to all  cin
You're about to enter the Navy, if I'm not mistaken. How long do you think it's going to take them to catch on to your alcoholism and toss you out? The icing on the cake will be if they test you at the right time and find cocaine and/or methamphetamine in your system. ckivlan, and I mean this with the kindest of intentions, you're an alcoholic. Period. Not a kid who occasionally likes to party. YOU ARE AN ALCOHOLIC. YOU NEED HELP. All this, "am I going to have a heart attack" stuff is just peripheral to the main issue. You're an alcoholic and you need to get help before you enter the navy or you'll just be another washout.

Tell me, what is it that makes you suddenly decide to do cocaine once a month? Is it a friend you only see once in a while? Please believe me when I tell you that coke is death. Coke is death. Coke is death. Get it? It's the most evil, addictive and destructive substance ever made and should be eradicated from the Earth. It addicts from the very first exposure and gradually destroys the part of your brain responsible for allowing you to feel pleasure. It plain burns it out. It is a man-made horror.

I'm convinced that if you get help with your alcoholism, and I would suggest at least an outpatient rehab to go with 90 AA meetings in 90 days, you're coke episodes will end and you just might have a chance at a distinguished career in the Navy. Not too shabby an achievement! Think about what I've said, please.
Really, sweetie, listen to these wonderful people, they tell you no lies!
You are far too young to risk loosing the rest of your life for an occasional thrill; it's just not worth it!
When i was 20, ha, i thought i was invincable, it's hard to think that you can actually die at such a young age, but it can and will happen if you don't take steps to help yourself.
I've felt the same thing you experienced, and it scared the **** out of me.  A few times with coke a long time ago, and with crack a few years back!  
Coke is especially dangerous because it stays with you forever in your mind once you do it enough.  It attaches in the brain in some way, and even five-years later, something as little as a 100 dollar bill or something along those lines will trigger a craving.  Please get out before it is too late.  Do you want to get married someday, do you want children, well if you do, think ahead and know that it will all be a dream if you continue this path, believe me, it will only get worse.  You will be surprised at the support your mom will give you if you just fess up and tell her what you are going through.  I live in fear that one day my child or children will end up addicts like their mom and dad.  They have a strong genetic force against them, and believe me, i'm going to watch them like a hawk.  If they were ever to be in the trouble you are in, i would only hope to god that they would confide in me so i could help them get help they need.  It would rip a hole in my mom's soul if ever something were to happen to you.  It's hard realizing this without being a mother yourself, but a mother's love is like no other.  A big part of her would die if you were to die!!!  Do you want this for her?  
You need to find the root of your destructive behavior, it's there or else you wouldn't even be messing with that stuff.  We all have our problems, and as your life continues and you get older, they only become worse.  If you can't deal with life now at your age, then you are going to get into some big messes down the line and destroy others in your path.  I was so different at the age of 20 than i am now.  I know enough to understand the destruction, there's no fun in it!  Quit while you're ahead, don't get to the point where a drug takes ownership of your soul!  Please seek some help somewhere.  I know Miami is full of treatment centers, outpatient, inpatient, counselors, anything and everything is available there for you!  
You can't continue to play around with this, because it will take hold of you quicker than you realize!  Get help before it's too late!!!!  Prayers for you!
Lv Jenny
If you are on this forum, and asking yourself questions about your habit, then you probably have a drinking/drug problem. One of the clinical screening questions for alcoholism and drug addiction asks if you ever get concerned about partying too much. In recovery, the stages of change begin with awareness. Awareness, acceptance and then action. And lucky for you, you're beginning to question yourself--so you are becomming aware. A third of the battle is done. Congrats! Now it's time to move on to acceptance and action. Acceptance means taking responsibility for your problem. In other words, don't deny what your mind and body are trying to tell you. You are fortunate enough to still be here after having a possible bad reaction or near-fatal overdose...and you're smart enough to be concerned for yourself. Both your body and your mind are trying to tell you something--trust yourself and pay attention to these warning signs, before it's too late. I know that sounds dramatic, but people die everyday from street drugs, prescription drugs and alcohol. And as everyone has mentioned in their posts, addiction is no day at the beach. If you try to do some soul-searching and get to the bottom of this problem now (ie, the action stage), you will save yourself many years of heartache. Not to mention, it's hypothesized that cocaine can permanently alter the pleasure receptors in your brain. In other words, if you use habitually, you could do permanent damage to your brain and never be able to experience pleasure as you once knew it before cocaine. Scary stuff, huh?

Also keep in mind that the Navy is not a solution to a potential addiction. Remember the movie "The Wizard of Oz?" There's no place like home--meaning, the answer to your problems are in your own backyard. You can move away from home, you can join the Navy, you can change your group of friends or switch jobs--but the underlying problems will always be there. Until you get to the root of your unhappiness, and discover what is compelling you to use drugs, then you will always be chasing that high. Even if you're in the Navy, if you really want drugs--you'll find them. I'm not saying that you shouldn't join the Navy or remove some of the triggers in your life, like friends who use or being around a big club scene (ie, Miami). But recovery involves the use of many strategies. You need to look inward and find out what is making you use. Now this is no easy task. As a matter of fact, I wouldn't recommend attempting to do this yourself. Enlist the help of others, both professional and personal. Do you have a family doctor who you could confide in? Maybe get a referral for a counselor or a psychiatrist? And how about your mom, or another family member who could provide some support for you. Not just confessing that you use drugs, but someone who could honestly help you explore the reasons why you feel unhappy sometimes and go on drug binges. Because let's face it--that's what you're doing. You're not using alcohol socially or casually. Something is compelling you to keep going past the normal limit--something is making you drink and snort to the point where your body and your mind freak out and send messages to you that you're in danger. Depression? Anxiety? Who knows...but you can find out.

Remember those three stages--awareness, acceptance and action. You're aware. And as everyone is saying, now is the time to accept and act. Before you get in any deeper, and before something awful happens. Get some help, be brave--and you will get some answers.

And for goodness sake, forget about this remedy to reverse the effects of too much coke. It doesn't exist, unless you're in the emergency room at 2am with a team of doctors desperately trying to revive you. Not to mention, if you mix too many substances, you could wind up dead or a vegetable. It's dangerous enough to mix cocaine and alcohol...if you toss another substance into that mixture, at worst you could be in one hell of a mess. And at best, you'll be dealing with yet another addiction. Ouch.
A friend of mine went through pure hell because her husband did coke (crack). He went through a short treatment program at a facility that's considered one of the best in the country. Yet he returned to the drug because its lure was so strong. Counselors told his wife that it might be years (!) before his brain returned to normal & he was able to feel pleasure again. I say this not to discourage you in any way, but to encourage you as all the others here have to stop, and get whatever treatment is necessary. I agree with Thomas that this is one of, if not the most destructive drug out there. At 20, you're young & strong enough to make a great comeback from this problem. Please let us know how you're doing. Milo
I'm 24 and have been in your place before.  Seriously, coke does stay with you.  I haven't done it in about two years and I still will sometimes dream about it.  Good luck, remember always love yourself more than a feeling.
The dangers of coke are very real, something to take seriously, but, please, *don't lose hope!* My best friend's brother reached a personal low point when he went through withdrawal -- on a bus! Can you imagine? Today he is healthy & successful. So take the warnings seriously, but don't feel discouraged. You can & will be OK!
Sincerely, Milo
Someone please help I am new to this site and have wanted to get help but for a couple of days I have not been allowed to post a question so maybe someone will read this and help!  I am addicted to Ultram and want to get help however when I have called rehab centers and addiction specialist they do not know of this medication and they have not been sure how to help me.  Does anyone know of anyone ever being addicted to this and how they got help?  Thank you all!!!
Hi there and welcome to the forum,,,I think there have been a few people here that had problems with ultram including myself and my sister...both of us had difficulty with withdrawals  even after taking only the prescribed doseage   the problem with ultram is that at first it was supposed to be NON addictiong...soon afterward many people  innocent people fell victim to it...DO NOT QUIT TAKING IT ABRUPTLY   a few people I know have done so and suffered seizures....Number 1....taper your doseage very very gradually,,,never worked for me,,,,I got a prescription for darvocet or vicodin..and used those instead of the ultram but you must be very cautious as not to become addicted to the other meds....it really is not too good to substitute one drug for another but obviously no one in your area has any knowledge of ultram so you probably will have to do it yourself..my sister did it cold turkey and it was worse than she ever imagined..lucky for her no seizures...but 2 friends of mine did in fact seize.....how much are you taking and for how long have you been taking it....    Like to hear more from you    good luck   love to all    cin
how about the doctor that's prescribing the Ultram? Have you told your doc about your predicament? I understand a lot of docs are not the kind of people you really want to confide in. Perhaps you're worried you'll be cut off from all pain relief. (there's always another MD, though, if that happens). I don't know you're situation so I can't say. Taking a substitute like codeine would probably ease the withdrawal symptoms, but you could still, apparently, have a seizure. I simply don't know.

What I can tell you is that I have personally talked to many, many doctors about Ultram and they ARE aware that Ultram is addictive even though it technically is not a narcotic. Some have called it a synthetic codeine. I know there are rehabs out there that are aware of ultram. Remember, rehabs take in people who usually take any kind of high they can get. Believe me, the rehab docs and councelors, etc. are aware of Ultram. If you've been calling rehabs and they don't have a clue about Ultram, you're calling some pretty lame rehabs. Keep trying. In the meantime, don't go off the Ultram cold turkey. That's a very dangerous way to handle this problem.

Hang in there and let us know what happens. I know there is help out there.
To the rescue again my dear wise friend      have a good day   Love ya   cin
......Hey lady!!! Take a break.  You've been working to hard, haven't ya.  LOL  Talk to yall, later.......lol
angelica
You said it girlfriend.....worked today   I was in charge...so guess what I did?   you got it,,,delegated and left early and went and got my nails done..LOL   then took Jen to the skating party  ran into my husband's ex girlfriend    I met her before, she if really nice...LOL  she really is  they were very very young...anyway I'll email eithr later or tomorrow and tell ya all about it....give you the dish on her...LOL  later tater   love cin
Did you happen to see "testing"?   ROFLMAO
Thank you for your help about Ultram.  Believe it or not I live in the NYC area and didn't find help yet but I will keep calling if you think of anything else that could help please write back!  God bless
Hi jenn,  I lost your e-mail address..would you mind re-sending it to me...mine is ***@**** or ***@**** thanks hon  love cin
...Do you think that's the Phil from medhelp??? LOL What's up w/ that remark.....
Girlfriend,,,,  your guess is as good as mine....could be phil...but I smell something a little bit spooky.....anything is possible  just ask wizard...sometimes I don't think we're in Kansas anymore  LOL    love ya    cin
......I feel like I'm on Mars or in the twilight zone.  lmao
How've ya been????  Long time no chat, mate??? lol
If you feel like you are on Mars or in the Twilight Zone, then you have actually reached the "Emerald City" LOL Welcome to the Wiz's version of "Munchkin Land" ROFLMAO...Just had to throw this little quip in atcha darling! Tell you what....Click your heels 3 times while saying "There's no place like the Forum, There's no place like the Forum, There's no place like the Forum"  Now don't you feel better? Don't pay any attention to the guy behind the curtain! Have a great day Luv! Come on ToTo, we have a long walk ahead of us today! ;-)
Power & Magick 2 U,
luv,
Wizard
Hey  chickie wuzzup?   I have been runnin around like a crazy woman.....and Wizard...i work in Munchkinland...(pre-school)  LOL  I am off to bed...waiting for some serious storms to roll in....talk to everyone tomorrow,  Love you guys   cin
Your just too much.....and yes I'm feeling much better....quite "at home" now that I'm visiting the forum. lmao
Too funny.......

Cin: quit your day job! lmao  J. J.
"Get out while you still have time......"  lmao
Love you guys (< look, you guys)
Angelica  (:
hey man, i was never on this site before.  Im a 21 year old in recovery clean for 2 years now. i was cought up in several stupid addictions.  realize what the drug actually does and how it makes you feel after 30 min. you begin to want more and more and more... i have seen 2 of my friends come very close to death, as my own family member did, from 1 night of stupidity.  i went through feeling great and invinsible going clubing out all night and the next day.  i hit several low points in my life, but the onlything one must do is wake up and realize it pointless to live day by day, make plans for yourself.  decide on your future, think about what you want and work to get it.  being young i took advantage, changing from clubing and drinking, to working and taking school serious.  i would suggest you think about it.  i caused those who cared for me the most great pain, and i lost a girl who was the best person on could imagine all over a habbit.  its every easy to not see any of this and think things are great or ok, but that may mean you havent thought about it hard enough.   i have talk to many adults going through recovery, whom wish the could of started there recovery in tthere twenties.  Food for thought.......
I just got myself off the white ****...I too was experiencing heart palps. and breathing issues..have kids and thought are you crazy girl???
Went cold turkey 5 days ago.
U are young get help NOW....
My dad just had a heart transplant if that doesn't wake up a coke head what will?
U have a whole life ahead of u.

Get help

D
i am going thru some stuff tonight as a matter of fact.reading the forum..made me feel so much better.could i visit this site more?  tammy
i have been up for a while..and dread going to bed...i do not want to be in a funk tommorrow....i would like some positive words to keep in my head all day
Just tonight, i had the same reaction but i couldnt move, i freaked out and tried to walk somewhere, where i dont know but before i took 4 steps i collapsed. i then began convulsions, shaking uncontrolably and a heart rate that i could feel racing in my head, i started to black out and hit the ground hard. jared came out and started freaking out and i was for sure i would not get to see precious life again. i used all my strength to pull my self up and in the minst of it i threw up. when i threw up, it was all cocaine 100% from the eightball or 3.5 grams i had purchased earlier. soon after i threw up my heart rate lowered, i had to walk around and i rethought my life over and realized only someone who wants to leave this earth in a horrific way would do this, i forever more dispise cocaine and i am getting the most important tattoo in my life tommoroww to alway let me and my peers know of what happened. it says Live Strong, it means alot to me because those who can say no to cocaine are strong and i have a whole new world of respect for them. i am a 17 year old male and i WAS confused with what i wanted to do in life, now i know i just want to be happy. i love life, the sky, trees, poeple, anything, life is precious pleassse dont put yourself through what i put myself through. this drug is THE stupidest thing i could have ever got my self into, and yes when you are addicted to cocaine, you will do excesive amounts, the overdose will kick in when you finnally stop sniffing it. I am not telling anyone not to do it because actions speak louder than words and most of man kind learns from experience and not words, but if you have never tried cocaine take this into concideration. This is my second week doing it, and ive had enough fun.

-lovelife, live strong, be happy.

I am hoping people are still reading this...

i am not in a state of denial, nor addicted although what I have to say is rather contradicting.

I am not familiar with the limits of overdose, nor the substantial amount you can do before.... you get my drift.

I am here today to explain the situation and deeply asking help in support as that is what I need to remain the person I once was. I have been through this process before and it finally pushed me to get help from some good friends... we can go into all of this later as I would like to tell my story and get your deep answer instead of "sounds like your addicted." because that is not what im looking for. I am a good guy to get along with no matter while on it or off...i've never been abusive while on it or even in my system.... the answers im seeking for are the effects im having while being on it, "coming down", etc....

I was rather frightened as I blacked out w/out really realizing it multiple times and woke up I believe hours or minutes later in the same position, but remember waking up for a brief milisecond (as my multi blackout)... I blacked out while going to my second job, at the stop light I accellerated, and almost hit the curb... luckily for me I vowed to quit for 2 days to atleast come down....

to get back on point, my eyes are twiching and lighting in general will dim/brightem etc... makes me think a car is turning and comin down the street.. maybe the light is flickering im not sure? i dont have any heart pain, just lost a lot o weight in which I want to gain again...

im leaving it at this as im not sure whom will see and i will go into more detail and symptoms
Welcome
You are post on a very old post . If you scroll all the way up to the top and look to your left you will see where it says "post a question". Post your info there that way everyone will see it ....
avis
my brother overdosed 2 weeks ago and actually died, luckily he was  ressusated in the ambulance and thank god he is still with us, this has been the biggest shock to all of us ,as he had been clean for a year, this episode seems to have brought reality home to him and scared him so much it seems to be a turning point in his life. He actually felt him self dying but something inside him screamed no, a brush so close with death should be a warning to all,
This is a very old post (6.5 years). These people are not here anymore. I'm glad your brother is okay. Start a new post (at top of page where it says 'post a question') and get some support from the forum.

Greatgreebo
cocaine kills.  Zach Erickson of Everett, WA was buried 30 minutes ago - dead from a cocaine overdose.  Age 23, honor student, bright future - due to graduate with psych degree in March now dead.

Please all of you - get off drugs.
I have the PERFECT REMEDY you were asking for.  First of all, I know that horrible, dreaded feeling after "overdoing it" with the coke.  Your heart beats out of your chest and all you can think is:  "I did this to myself... I have killed mysel, and I am still alive to process this thought".  HORRIBLE.

Here is the perfect remedy:  Dont ever do cocaine again.  Even if you "trust your friend or dealer" you NEVER KNOW what you are getting.  It may be stronger than the time before.  This happened to me before... my "friends" left me for dead.  The coke was ALOT stronger than I had done before. I knew that I could do several lines and be OK.  Not this time.. It was very pure.  

My friends didnt want to get in trouble.  I passed out, and was lucky to be found by someone else.  All my "friends" ran.  

Dont do this again.  Anyone who allows you to do cocaine is no friend.  An you are not a friend to allow someone else to do it.

You WILL die from this stuff.  It happens EVERY DAY.

Get your life together.  There is no such thing as "recreational drug use".  It never ends up that way.

i am going to be honest, I have a friend, speaking through him via this forum, "cocaine makes you feels like the king of the world, you think and tell yourself over and over again that you are in control and soon enough you aren't it is truly the devils dandruff, all you need to do is change your mentality, everyone who is reading this, just take that ****** feeling you have lying awake at 5:00 in the morning and realize that is all cocaine will ever for for you
If I could change anything in my life I would go back to the first time my friend racked a line and knock it to the floor
I know you and my friend can stop I only hope you look at this post
just stop please, it is a terrifiying thing
give me another perspective

I'm asssuming since the previous post regarding Ultram was like 7 years ago those issues have long since been dealt with. I was recommended this drug as an  atelrnate to Vicodin after a septoplasty while in inpatient recovery, because at that time it was thought to be non-narcotic and non-addictive. This was in '95. I wasn't necessarily trying to stay clean so much as I was trying to stay out of Federal Prison. After failing two drug tests for coke, with the third imminent, I checked myself in to rehab. Much to my pleasant surprise I found that i could get an almost Vicodin like buzz from the ultram, and a really nice one at that with a soma or 2. Neither of these drugs showed up in my drug tests, After several weeks they wouldn't give me a buzz anymore so I would go off them for several months. I never once experienced any withdrawal symptoms.
I know what you all are saying is true.. my husband  (use to use) cola... and still does.. i caught him sneaking aorund doing it behind my back. he fianlly came clean with me and told me what was going on. he thought he had licked the habit... 10 years before... once an addict always an addict.. hes slipping again ..going down that beaten path.. i found him one night not a month ago at one of his buddys house.. so messed up he coudlnt speak.he was trying to tell me something but coudlnt get the words out... i was devistated. we have 8 kids..1 grandchild.. htey all know what he does.. now its causing problems with our sex life.. our marriage. ... its so not worth it.. i have my own problem with ultrams.. and believe me .. i want this monkey off my back.. DRUGS KILL!! in every aspect. to the20 year old girl.. god.. RUN.,.. get help.. your only 20 your still a baby with so much in front ofyou.... a whole lifetime.. your all in my prayers

Denise
hey denise, you posted this on an old thread.. i'm afraid it may not get seen.

please repost it on a new post "Post A Question" and if you want help, alot of folks here have helped each other off the tram's, as well as are dealing with a loved one's addiction.

if you want help... please repost.

good luck sweety,
mj
I had a friend who cut the coke he sold with anything white... ANYTHING... that way he could have more to himself.......
my boyfriend is having a ****** up side effect!! ............. hes gone grey and feelin propa hot.... wat should i do???? x
you need to  take him to hospital stat
your just not use to it(relax, hydrate yourself and do another .5g line). but you should find another hobby. cocaine is somthing the human body would normaly never experience. so people repeat it. every paycheck, to every week. SMACK though you might Not want to do it. you'll find your self Buying it. once you try it it , it'll be stuck in you head for a long time. put your head tward the navy or your other interests. dont think about it. stay postitive. (trust me you dont want brain damage)

whenever i think about it, my heart races, my lungs gasp, i think fast, my brain trys to consume and much more.
and ive recently only been doing it every two weeks, buying 1/8 to 1/4 oz. waste of money. knowing that i still did it anyways. thats not what you want. avoid regretful mistakes. love everything, make the best!
This is an old thread....start a new thread with a new question if you want others to respond. You may get overlooked on this thread .See you out in the forum.
this is my first post.  I'm a 27 year old black man.  Believe me when I say cocaine scares the hell outta me.  My dad died of an overdose when I was 8.  He was nurse practitioner.  He was 38.  Here I am about 1 week from having my first child, 1 month from taking a state exam for my nursing license and I'm high on coke.  I hate it cuz I like it so much.  About a month ago I had a bad experience with the drug.  You guys know when u do entirely too much what its like.  I swore I would not touch it again.  All was well until my best friend came back in town.  He begged me to call my supplier who is a family member of mine.  I did.  I purchased his coke and before I knew it I was in the bathroom snorting a small line.  I dropped the rest off to my friend and called my supplier for another bag.  I'm almost done with it...I didn't over do it this time, but I just don't want it.  I don't want to pass these demons on to my unborn child.  I don't want to die young like my father did.  I graduated from nursing school so I know what its doing to my heart and brain.  I've worked in a psych facility since 2003 and witness drugs destroy people and increase mental illness.  Why do I keep backsliding?  No one knows.  Not even my supplier.  Just my best friend who I score for.  I told him its time for us to quit,  but I have to do it first.  I'm the leader he is more of the follower.  I'm risking my life and my sanity with this drug.  Its 3:00 am and I have to be in class at 8:00.  I'm wired up and don't have a clue how I'm going to make thru 8 hours of class.  Ill b crashing when its time to go to school.  That sucks.  Just in the last 3 months I've quit cigarettes, weed, and drinking.  All that in anticipation of my daughters birth.  Unfortunately I came running back to the coke after 1 month of being clean.  How do I stop this devil from taking me down?  I guess I just wanted to vent with people who know the pleasure and pain that comes with high quality blow.  Pray for me and I would appreciate any feedback and encouragement.  I feel like my dad passed me his lust for drinking and drugs.  It killed him in his prime and I don't want the same thing.
i am here and praying for you, it is still early and you will get more responses shortly, just hang in there. i know the feeling of coming down and having to go to work, school and making excuses to go home early,you know the drill. there are alot of people on here who have successfully kicked coke, and they will be so helpful to you. my DOC is vicodin, and i am still struggling, but i did use coke quite a bit from the age of 13 on, i know what you are saying. when vicodin came into my life i just preferred that high and would only use coke if nothing else was around, but believe me, i know how hard it can be to get off of it. try to remember these bad feelings next time you want to use. my hubby gave it up, CT, he was smoking it for like 5 days at a time. one day he woke up and decided he didnt want to die. it will kill you, and i know you realize that and that is why you are reaching out. Good for you for taking the first step, that had to be huge to come clean to us. on this forum you will find strength and a ton of support, so please stick around and keep posting. you will get responses soon, hopefully before you have to go to class. you might want to start a new post, to ensure people read your story. , any questions i am here and will be here for the rest of the am.....k...stay strong, you will make it!!! God Bless you
you should probably go to post question and write your story, i notcied this thread is from a long time ago, and you are on here, but we want to get your story bumped up to the top. just go to post question and write whatever you need, ok, i just want t omake sure people find you easy enough, i had to scroll down quite a bit to find your story
yes, please make a new post. just go to post question and you can copy and paste what you have here. this is an old thread and many may not read it cuz of that.
Your symptoms are very common. You elevate these symptoms when you become nervous and scared of your condition. I can take in about an ounce 1/4 before I start having these feelings (I think you could say it's time for me to quit!) But really, be smart, once you have your desired effect, put it away. You will realize, there's never enough coke-quit chasing the high, you'll never catch up to it. I should take my own advice soon.
Way old post. Yes, you had too much in your system at that point. After minor shakes and things, you may well fall to floor with more serious convulsions. imagine yourself lying on a merry-go-round while the room spins..... then think about your brain undergoing a temperal lobe siezure that you may or may not survive with you memory and speech intact. Then imagine gasping for breath to try and suck oxygen in. Now the last part. You begin to pant drastically and in uselessly to avoid respiratory arrest. When you lungs lock up all the way, not being controlled by muscles any longer. You will heve only seconds before death.....................................................
I really don't think there is a special remedy or such.. if you were about to call an ambulance that means you were in a life or dead situation and regreted doing cocaine.. but well I'm no one to judge... we have so much in common.. my name is Danny, I'm also 20 and I live in california... I've also been close to dead many times do to taking to much cocaine... and yet a few momments later I'll go busting another line... had this happened so many times and yet I don't seem to learn.. however my symptons are different... when I take too much I start slowing down.. I feel like I can't get enough oxygen, a discomfort in my chest, arythmias (irregular heartbeats), a cramplike sensation on my left arm, I'll get really cold, then my limbs will start numbing, my neck and up follow.. sweaty hands.. if I panic or move too much it gets worst.. its been to the point where I feel my heart beating about 10 times a minute. I do have a problem with cocaine.. and I think you do to... when you're at the point where you're having an overdose is because you take more since you can't get that euphoric effect of well being.. I know the feeling.. many call it "chasing the high".. by doing so doses are increased leading to overdoses.. yet I know this stuff... I know I have a problem and like you I continue doing it.. although there is no such thing as a cure.. what helps me out is drinking a lot of water.. my friend drinks milk.. he says it helps.. but really.. this is not for sure... maybe it doesn't even make a difference.. water seems to make sence... since it gives a fresh supply of oxygen to your body.. what also helps me is that I get in a relaxed position and maintain a constant breathing rate and think of good things or just clear my mind... having a conversation helps me too... but hopefully you won't need it.. and quit it.. remember.. you're NEVER going to get that euphoric effect like the first time..
This is a really old post. I used a lot of coke also, my high became chasing it so much i would try to get to the point of what your talking about, there is a fine line from that point to overdose and i have overdosed a few times, the last one almost fatal so I hope you think long and hard on how to kick this, before it`s too late, we are talking about death here, your heart will explode and im not trying to scare you, but it will. I don`t know if I read your post right, but your still using right. Make a new post if ya want, we are here for support and quitting is possible. Good luck:)
im a 25 year old male. i sniff blow about 3 times a week maybe more and i have been doing it for about 2 years plus? ive gone through all this stuff..... it hurts to breathe the cold air in when my nose is actually clear enough lol ie. now. Is there anyways to make my nasal passage feel better? and not be so sore. Maybe something i can inhail, you get the idea of my q. also i do not get nose bleeds. just a reallly reallly plugged nose untill the next day sometime. my gfs nose doesnt get like that... hmm hope to hear a reply.
thanks
This is a really old post, so make one of your own if ya want.

The best thing to make your nose feel better is to quit the blow. Each time you use, it will keep getting worse and eventually make a hole in your nose and septum and the damage is irreversable once that hole is made. The least of your worries with this drug is nose pain, cocaine does so much damage to the heart, nervous system and mind. It sounds like you have no intention of quitting? If you want to try to stop, then we will try to help. Good luck.

P.S. As an ex cokehead myself, I find your avatar here disturbing and we dont' need to see that when we come on medhelp and trying to stay clean. Take care and be safe
what you had what you felt, was a cocaine overdose and you did very bad you supossed to be death......!!! i had an overdose 10 years ago and i am still paying the price for that; a heart valve called mitral valve get larger floppy and it cant to be fixed, i cant even drink a beer cause of that no cigarrattes no marijuana no coffe no nothing......!!!! i am mexican 30 years old men i live in puerto vallarta jalisco if some day you come by i can give you some advise to help you up you are on time to give up on cocaine you heart now is weaker than before you ve sufer already a heart attack plis stop or you gone die
do you know the nick name for the Devil?---Cocaine! Do you know that the devil-cocaine once you use it, it gets in your body and drives it just like you get in and drive your car! I am clean. I have never fouled my body. I wish i could get someone to listen to me. I belive that God has shown me so much, but very few to listen to me---not even my husband, or children. I have been widlowed twice, each husband died from cocaine abuse. The one I'm married to now, is having kidney weakings and is on cocaine while lying to his doctor,and his boss! I just know that cocaine is a judgement death and who ever uses it will die from it if sooner or later!  Just call me ongel!
im high now and im scared!!! never doin it again i promise... u got me cindi im dont want to be on coke anymore
I am among other things a combat medic with 5 years in the army and am a current student studying nursing. I have both treated other soldiers for borderline ODing and I have quite a bit of personal experience with various drugs. My poison of choice was high level pain pills however, when I lost my mother I switched to cocain. I had to seek help for my pill problem as I simply could not stop on my own, but it took hitting rock bottom before I would ask for help as I thought asking for help was weakness. Learning the lesson that it takes true strength to ask for help when you need it was certainly one of my most difficult lessons I've learned in life. As for your use of cocain or anything else for that matter, I have no moral or ethical problems with you doing whatever you want; I just strongly urge you to be informed about the fire you are playing with and beware of the danger and risks involved. You are a big girl and are able to make adult dessions on your own and using whatever drugs you want is your choice no one elses as I does not effect anybody but you. Some would argue that if you OD and die I effects others, but it is a moot point as life is full of risks.

As for facts on the cocain so you may make an informed decision on using it. The symptoms you listed are both normal and an unfortianit side effect of the drug. What you need to watch for as the most common symptom people have before reaching the OD point is when you start having a hard time breathing; when you reach this point you have allready done to much cocaine and need to stop using as it will not take to much more to cause you to OD at thi point. I highly recommend if your at that point to seek medical attention immediatly or if that is not an option at th very least you need to have someone there monitoring your breathing to make sure you don't stop breathing suddenly or in your sleep. As for the normal side effects the best way to avoid it with casual use is to time it so that after your last line in about 30 mins go to sleep. Cocain has a half-life of one hour, which simply put means that when you do a line of coke that after an hour your body has processed half of what you took and an hour after that the half that wa broken down is cut in half again as your boxy processes it out. It maybe because your young that you have limited impulse control and more over then that you seem to be like me and enjoy turning everything or at least the things you enjoy on life up to an 11. In some cases it is a good thing, unfortaontly it also means that you very likely have an addictive personality making controlling your impulse to use all your supply in one sitting etc. Realize that about 22% of people that use can not stop on there own and MUST enter a treatment facility to stop. If you decide to use a treatment facility know that they are legally obligated to keep your information confidential so it would be easy to tell your mother that your staying at a friend, your able to use the phone well there so keeping up the facade should be easy. Now back to impulse contol an your cocain use: if you are going to keep using have a friend that doesn't use hold onto and distribute your supply to you at an exceptable safe rate(safe is a relative term as ther is a very high risk of danger with this drug). If you join the navy I would strongly advise you drop this habit as they do random drug screenings and if you are caught it is up to your command as to what happens to you and well I have no issues with people having the personal freedom to so as they please to themselves my ideology is not prevalent in the military and you are very likely to be nailed to the wall if caught; dishonorable discharge, bared from reenlistment, take your pay the works. On the other side so to speak I do know several high speed soldiers that do in fact partake of cocain from time to time in moderation, they however are aware of the risks involved though so are making a well informebdesaion to use it. It is the most commonly used illegal drug in the military because it does break down and wash out of your system so quickly.  Keep in mind that in the navy you will have others that there lives are in your hands and if your altered by the drug that they deserve to have you un-altered and confidently able to do your job. That is when you cross the line with my ethics because tour inability to perform your job puts others at risk. I urge moderation in all things. Now however you can at least make your dession to use or not to use informed of the inherite risks involved. One last thing to consider that I forgot to mention is keep in mind that no matter how much you use you will never get the high that you had the first time, so do not over do it trying to relive that high.

Cody-
I read a few more of the posts and felt inclined to say a few more thing on the subject. Everyone in th world for the most part will urge you to stop drinking and using, unfortianitly we sometimes must make the mistake ourselves. You must realize though that not everybody is lucky enough to have a scare and stop or hit rock bottom and stop, some people just die as everyone has there own unique reaponce to toxins. Unfortiantly since there is no way to know how your body will react to the substance so there is a very real danger in trying it or any other drug even once.
I would like that cocain plays upon the pleasure center of your brain as such it is particularly addictive and habitual use of it can damage your brain and more often your heart. As for the whole alcohol thing, alot of us in the army are functional alcoholics, if you have enough control to keep your drinking habit in check until off duty I see no problem with you doing as you please, however the moment you show up intoxicated on duty or your performance is effected by your habits that is when you cross a line with me and should be nailed to the wall.

Cody-
Peelsnerting-

This thread is 10 years old...
I hope your tattoo did end up being one of the most important tattoos of your life. That is a very VERY compelling saying, "Live Strong". Good luck with everything!!
Okay, so I am 25 years old and have been an occasional blow user for the last few years.  I like to party occasionally and when indoni tend to over do it as well. Never have I felt put of control or felt a dead to call an emt. But what I can tell u is that when I feel like incant sleep because of my heart beating out of control or I have the jitters I just smoke some pot and it calms me down :). These people may judge u and give u good advise for quiting or looking for help but I answer u as someone who knows where u are coming from.   There are not any remedies for ODing.  Maybe u should quit doing fat lines and just uncouple of bumps thru put the night.  I personally have a high tolerance and can do a 1/4 in a night.  But that's just me.  Everyone is different and everyone's bodies react differently.  Also try a different dealer. Maybe what your guy is cutting his stuff with is no good! Pay extra for mor pure that's what I can advise! Don't go cheap lol.   Also  for everyone judging me I am a 25 year old RN who graduated with a BSN with a 3.8gpa in a very desirable school and used my whole way through.  Now I party ocasionaly and make over 140k a year and  am looked up to in the work place.  it's all about control doll. Once u feel out of control it is time to stop.

Peace & Love.....
old thread guys!
Ok so seriously cocaine is a party drug! It's fun as he'll but as with most things it has dangers! Real bad dangers! So I felt what you felt and stumbled upon a cure. Take 2 5mg benzodiazepine tabs with half a glass of room temp water. Don't smoke anything cigs, etc. Until you feel the first pill about 10 mins this will calm
you and slow your heart rate. The root of all these problems is the heart! I have ADHD so
when I do coke I gotta do MOUNTAINS!!! to feel it like last night we all did about 2grams each maybe 2 and a half. Anywho coke is cool when your this age and partying. But you know you have a problem when your. 1 doing it alone 2. Doing it ALL THE TIME. 3. if you spend more than 200 for it in a month you got issues. But like I said don't freak out you ruined the whole fun of your high! Omg like next time you feel that pop a benzo . Pop a Molly . And go dance and enjoy your trip! It's gonna rock! ;-)
I really hope you stop taking the drugs, maybe enter a twelvr step program like celebrate recovery. Your life is much more important than the fear of your mom being upset,n having that temp high. I have sadley been dependant on oxycontin daily for 4 years (at least 20a day)...now at only 3 a day. I've been taking coke daily past 6 months(fishscale n 93+pure) it started as a one time thing. Then just occasional then now fully addicted.it's ruined friendships,lost family, fired from my job, completely destroyed my sinuses, my digestive track, had an early misscarriage, messed up my heart,cps got involved...its a horrible drug,n not worth the temp high.drink some energy drinks or supplements from a body shop if u must have something.good luck,n pls make tthe right decision.i very much regret the day I first started drugs to escape from the pain of life rather than doing recovery work.best wishes!
I aint goin to sit here and lexure u cuz im only. 19 but to answer. Your?  I felt that way after a whole 8 ball with some friend. And everytime I feel the. Down come.  I smoke alot of weed to were the. Weed. Buzz overcomes the. Coke and the. Weed.  Puts. Me 2 sleep so to really answer. Yur question is. Smoke some weed. When. After you done. With the coke
honesty.... i have partied crazy .. like 8 gs crazy .... not cool .. at all !!! but straight up ... you can od on blow after 1 line.. weird chemical thing .... the way i see it is .... you take that chance everytime u do it .... you may like to do drugs but at least educate yourself ... google works grrreeeeaaat
Yeah it happen to me 2...i was freaking out and panicing and thought i was going to die...something in me stop and said this ship is not worth my life...that was about 2years ago...i have been clean...yeah i was doing it 1a month or just on the weekends but it still didn't make a difference...i still could have died...i still have panic and feel like my life is going to end...but that's what it does to you mind...it left me with high blood pressure also...and i was healthy...all important tell you is sit with a friend or close family member and talk to them or go as far as talking to a primary care doctor i did...one step at a time is not so bad....important doing it now..:)
Um....dude....i'm 26....and i started using drugs when I was 12.  So I been around the block.  I've done everything except for meth and molly.  And Coke/crack-doesn't have any physical withdrawl (withdrawal).  The thing with powder/crack is that it is such a rush that it fills ur brain up with ALL these endorphins (the happy cells) that when u keep doing it the only happy cells u have left are the ones u get from doing the drug.  So when u run out of ur drug....ur brain is DEPLETED of endophins.  So on top of using drugs....and doing all the terrible ****** things that we all do to get our next fix, when we run out of drugs we feel even worse about ourselves on top of our brains having no endorphins left in it whatsoever now because of the coke/crack-so that now to feel better-we have to get more coke/crack.  So it is NOT a physically addicting drug-just a mentally addicting one-VERY VERY hard to quit because of the SEVERE depression that comes after.
I am going through the same thing right now I am so scared I think I am going to die. I am trying to get my mind off my heart beating but I feel so ****** up, like I am gioing to pass out. I was smoking a small amount of crack and masturbating, but I have a bad circumcision and it takes a while to get off( this problem is why I use cocaine, to feel an orgasm) and I am worried. I live with my dad, and he wont drive  me to the ER as he thinks its nothing, but my vision is messed up. Stay away from the ****!, I pray to God to save me and that I won't do it again, but I just end up saying the same prayer as I am weak. Lord give us strength, and pray for me!
Hi, folks,

Since this thread is old and the original participants are no longer taking part, we'll close it now.  If you're concerned about an overdose or drug reaction, please dial your local emergency number or go to the emergency room.  If you'd like to ask a question or start a new thread, please click the "Post a Question" button near the top of this page.  Thanks!

Claire
______________________________________________________

******** CLOSED DISCUSSION ********

No more comments, please.