Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Am I in withdrawal?

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Am I in withdrawal?

I have been weaning off Suboxone.  My dr. is an idiot so I can't call him. I feel like I am going to pass out.  I have the worse case of the flu symptoms.  I have an ice pack but I feel like I am sweating.  I'm really scared.  I took another 1/2 of 8mg film .  I haven't even been on it a month. Could I be w/d so early?  Thanks.
Tags: Suboxone
Sophie,
I have been taking between 12 mg and 16 mg a day (mostly 16 mg) for about a month.  I am already getting withdrawal symptoms between doses.  Yes it can and does happen that we are getting addicted so quickly to Subs.  I am so impressed with how you are tapering.  Take it a bit slower, because the changes in amounts is so hard on our bodies.
Big hug,
Marie
It sounds like w/d to me. I`m going through the same thing with methadone right now and my doctor is also and idiot. Are you tapering small amounts? Are you taking the suppliments? I`ve been taking the suppliments in the Thomas Recipe and it has helped me a lot. Hang in there as someone else that knows more about it than me will be on to better answer your question. Hand in there.
Dan
if you're having flu-like symptoms, then you're more than likely in withdrawal.
Are you tapering? Many people on this forum are doing sub tapers right now. I'm not one of them and I have no first-hand experience with subs. Stick around and you will find the answers here. In the meantime, get plenty of fluids and vitamins, treat yourself as if you have the flu.
Sophie,
Big hug,
Marie
Did your symptoms subside when you took the other 1/2 of your 8 mg film? 4 days ago you had said you were going to try doing 1/2 twice a day, did you lower that??
It did go down when I took the second 1/2.  I just have not felt well all day.  Still very dizzy.  I did call the dr. and he said to go down to half a 8mg dosage tomorrow.  Hopefully that will help. I can't even drive at this point.

Thanks for your help!
Wow that doesn't seem right, well do what he says and just do 1/2 tomorrow or even 1/4 twice a day and see how it goes. They really did start you on too high a dose and maybe at 4 mgs you'll do better. Not sure about the films but the pills come in 2 mgs so maybe he can switch you to those and start slow. Good luck to you!
I called the dr. to see what he might say.  He actually said to go from a 8mg film to a half of 1.  I read that it could take a few tries with the adjustment of doses during maintenance.I don't want to go back to Lortab but I also don't want to stay on these for long.  I'm not sleepless, all I want to do is sleep which seems different then others are saying.
I remember you said you were on an anti depressant too, which shouldn't interfere but maybe spread the time between your AD and the subs. Sorry you're ferling this way!
Thanks, this is so scary but talking to you helps a lot.  I have been cutting them up.  I'll see how one film works tomorrow.
He's telling you to only take 1/2 so thats 4 mgs and it does take a little bit to find the right dose. If that's still too much you're going to have to go lower, maybe all you need is 2 mgs. Really hope you start ferling better real soon that suc&$!
That is a really good point.  The anti-depressants make me tired.  I've been taking them together.
Not good! Check your inbox
Sorry I did it wrong you should now have a message from me..