Ambien 12.5mg
I have been on Ambien for years and can not sleep........I take it like at 10pm and awake around 1am...Have been having migranes for two months everyday and night.  Is this due to the Ambien and being on it for so long, that now I can't get any sleep whatso ever.  I will not nap during the day in hopes that I get a good nights sleep but that doesn't work either...any suggestions.........Please I need to sleep even if it's just 6hrs...I would love to beable to sleep..
Hi and welcome! I use to take ambien and had the same problem with it not working for me anymore. Have yu considered changing medication? My Dr told me that your body over time will build up a tollerance and just wont work the same way. There are other meds thatb you can take which may work,. He would be able to help
Well I go see my neurogolist 12/11/12, and I have been keeping a headache chart.  So do you think I should let her know I can't sleep and that I have been on Ambien forever and it no longer works...I am so so tired and would love to sleep say from 11pm-7 or 8am...Do you sleep all night???? and I wonder if that's why I have migranes everyday due to not sleeping and taking the Ambien 12.5 mg and it doesn't work...Judi248
Well, I thnk itys certainly  think its worth talking to your Dr. About! Like I said there are many other meds you can try, even in the short term, which can help, especially if your body has built up a tolerance.

And no, I dont sleep through the night (maybe 5-6 hours) but I have also recently come off opiates so My body is a bit out of whack!

The headaches could def be from lack of sleep! I get headaches often now!
hi i read your letter about not sleeping good at nights i to had the same problems i do not take nothing to help me sleep i was sleeping 4 to 5 hours night that's it now i sleep 7 to 8 hours. I had to get sleep it was hurting my job, marriage friends, what i am doing is keeping busy all day i work  8 hours a day than go to the gym for an hour each day than go home do house work get stuff ready for work, do  hobbies than play on computer i keep busy don't sit around much i keep busy busy all day so i can sleep do you have lots of stress i see a therapist big help i  vitamins, read books clean house any thing to keep busy i wont answer my phone after 7;00 so i don't get stress out. i hope some of this will help you it will for me good luck.