Ambien CR and Klonopin
anyone know if these two drugs are similar enough chemically that if one was trying to taper off of either that they shouldn't take both as that would just be substituting one chemically related drug with another thereby not be doing a productive taper?

Thanks in advance,
-Vic
not that close at all chemically...klonopin is by far the more habit forming of the 2 even if used as prescribed...down the chemical chain there are similarities and both should be tapered.....ambien can become habit forming if abused...klonopin can even easier at a prescribed dose...anything u choose to sleep with..even tylenol pm can be psychologically habitforming...if u r using 5-10 mg of ambien to sleep at night while detoxing off of klonopin...i would not worry...if u r taking 30-40mg ambien a night..then i would worry...the same goes for lyrica
Thanks for the great info!

-Vic
ambien nor lunesta are benzos...caution must be used especially on a medicaation used for sleep...sleep is priceless to many and psychological...and/or physical addiction is very easy to any sleep med that u depend on every night....i think the worst thing possible is for someone to depend on a true benzo for sleep tho...it is an accident waiting to happen
Read my journal on Ambien(is hypnotic) and Kolonipin (benzo). They both work on the same receptors in the brain and w/d from both is a like. I also have a very good website listed there with lots of information on these medications, w/ds from, and support.
Also, all you have to do is "google" ambien withdrawal and you will see how dangerous it is being found out to be and it will be listed with Benzo withdrawal because they are so much a like and work on the same part of the brain.
Hi, where is your journal?
Both work on dopamine, but differently, I think.
I am trying to get off 2 mg klonopin
Will use ambien cr for a while and see
I fall asleep fine, but have a lot of busy alpha waves
And wake unrested, not much stage 3-4 sleep
Claude