Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Ambien and withdrawl(withdrawal)

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Ambien and withdrawl(withdrawal)

Is ambien good to use during withdrawl (withdrawal)? Also does anyone know if ambien can be prescribed at dosages larger than 10 mg, like take 1-2 as needed?
Ambien will help you get some sleep so yes I would say it is good. I worked for a Dr. before and the highest dose I saw given was a total of 12mg. So if the tab was 6mg then the patient could take 2. Taking 2 10mg of ambien seems a little high to me.Maybe someone else could answer better than me. I am one of those people that ambien doesn't work. I have tried Ambien cr, Lunesta (sp?) and regular Ambien and still couldn't get any sleep. I don't know if you have heard of it but there is an over the counter sleep medication called Sleep MD. Why I decided to try it, I have no idea but I did. That stuff is the only thing that will put me to sleep.

Hope I could help,

Jess
ambien at even 5mg to 7.5mg if you dont use it alot will knock you out, esp if you take it with something like rozerm or melatonin. Thats what i did. Just dont rely on it for too long, its got its own nightmare w/d to deal with. Use it sparringly and not everynight. Get some melatonin, valerian root, l-theanine and use that most of the time
I used the ambiem for the first few nights of w\ds,But after the first 4 days I flushed them,they can lead to worst w\ds then pain pills.When my doctor gave them to me he told me not to take more then 1 pill for that can be very dangerous.10mg on the reguler ambien is the highest dose i think you can take. That is what my doctor told me.Hope that helps.
Exactly as Plymouthgirl has told you. Regular Ambien is not to be prescibed to take more than 10 mg or Ambien CR 12mg per night and should NEVER be used more than 7-10 days as per the Ambien Website. Ambien is highly addictive and even used for a short period of time can mess your sleep up for months. Be careful
I cant pretend to know what will or will not help you during your withdrawal from opiates. however, I know my sickness so very well that, after 5 yrs of trying to kick methadone and or H, i'm experienced in what works and what does not. there r all kinds of things one can use to get some sleep. Ive taken ambien as well certain otc drugs to get some sleep during w/drwls. Ambien did work sometimes but only afforded me 3 or so hrs of sleep!  After that, your  sick from w/drawals AND extreme groginess/exhaustion.Honestly, it has left me in worse shape than no sleep at all. There r certaIn drugs that work to relieve opiate w/drawal but unfortunately, they r few and far between. I dont mean to discourage u or anyone else...   i aim to help if i can
I honestly think it just depends on the person.  I took Ambien when my father died because I was staying awake days at a time.  I also used it recently with w/d's,  worked wonders for me.
whom ever this is, i THANK YOU so much for DETECTING and INFORMING anyone about the FACT that you can withdrawl (withdrawal) from AMBIEN, just like alot of other horrible drugs if you take everyday, that was one thing I was really concerned about and like to know about pills before hand, being a former addict.
xo Mariah