Ambien help..
I have posted here before because I'm trying quit taking my pain meds. Still taking them 2 a day no more but also no less" but now  here is my problem. My Dr . messed up and didn't fax over my script for my ambien so now im out until Tuesday. I have been taking it for years and truly sleep awful with out it, I really dont think my body knows how to sleep without it anymore ..  Any advice or help anyone could provide and support because I'm very upset about the thought of trying to sleep without it...
I used to be MAJORLY addicted to ambien!  If I didn't have it, I didn't sleep.  End of story!  Plus I had seizures.  You really need to talk to someone.  Does your doc have a doctor on call?  This is not just an inconvenience.  It could make you really sick.
I agree with the above. I've been through ambien withdrawal a couple of times. I couldn't sleep for 3 or 4 days no matter what I used. Which doctor do you get it from? A psych doctor or a primary doctor?
Tty
Stupid computer,  sorry re message above, my primary dr to answer , I've been without before when I went into the hospital years ago, the admitting dr didn't give me my ambien and I didn't sleep so I know kinda what's going to happen, not real sure what to do other then wait until Tuesday...but scared.
I'm really sorry. In this case I'm not sure what to tell you. There is this "shot" called iChill. You can get it at the gas stations by the energy drink shots.  It has melatonin and other stuff in it. I'm not sure what but you could google it. I know all the 7/11's carry them. That was the only thing that made me sleep when I didn't have any ambien. It only costs a couple of bucks and it's worth a try.
I tired talking to my husband but he seems to think I can just lose my eyes and go to sleep .. That's what he says. So not help there. I have some melatonin and some Ativan but thinking either are the same.
Melatonin can help.  There's also a brand that makes a Super Snooze Melatonin that has other natural things in it.  I took ambien for about 10 years.  In the end, it didn't even really work.  I switched over to Melatonin and it helped, but then Vicki mentioned Allteril and I like that much, much better.  It has Melatonin in it plus Valerian Root and a couple of other all natural things.  It's non-habit forming and it doesn't make you feel groggy in the morning.  You take it one hour before you want to go to sleep.  A warm bath with lavender epsom salts will help as well.  And if you can stomach it, warm milk for the l-tryptophan (which Allteril also has in it.)  No sleep stinks, but if you can make you bed really inviting, nice sheets, really clean room, and the above-mentioned stuff,  you might be okay.  Good luck.
Honey, I'm so sorry! Your doctor or the on-call doctor for Labor Day holiday needs to be called. It's his/her mistake if you are out of medicine and have taken them just like you should. I'd call first thing in the morning and get that doctor to call your script in so tonight will be your only rough night. The melatonin might help some, and for sure the Ativan will, even though it's different chemically from Ambien. Just get through tonight and call your doctor in the morning--or whoever's on call. Even if the doc on call doesn't know you, they can call in one pill so you sleep tomorrow night. Hope you will sleep some tonight!