Anxiety Questions for All of You
Why do we all have so much anxiety coming off narcotics?  Is it because we were "numb" for so long, it has kind of built up?  Anyone know this?
Also, how long do you think it will last, or how long has/did it last for you?

The anxiety is a big issue for me as well. Saturday I will be 12 weeks clean from hydro's and I still battle anxiety which leads to panic attacks for me. It's not as bad as in the beginning and I am glad to say that it is getting better,but it's still there. How long have you been clean?
what got my anxiety going was looking to far ahead and worrying about the wd and what life would be without the drugs. Once I just took it one day at a time and stopped worrying about next week or next month I calmed down tremendously. It will get better. Also if you had anxiety issues before taking drugs then normally you will have it after you are clean. Its one of the reasons the drugs came into our lives and stuck with us so long.
Well said. I have always had some anxiety, but it was always well managed. Now that I have came offf the drugs it has been full blown at times. I think those little pills just cover up so much and we don't know how to deal with are emotions when we come off of them. It's not an easy battle but we are proof that it can be done.
For me it is the pure fear that this is now forever and someone said that it is like losing what was your closest friend... and I think its true sadly.
I'm only on day 12... never had anxiety much at all before and I have it pretty bad now.  I'm not worried about anything in particular. For the first week I felt like I wanted to jump through my SKIN, but I am much better now.  
This is what mama23babies and myself were messaging eachother about all day yesterday for the most part. Even though she and I are the same amount of time clean, we both battle the fearful anxiety day in and day out. I think it has a lot to do with what you've stated already; The fact that we took the pills because it made us all feel so good, as though we had no cares in the world. The problems we've all ignored and let go [while on the pills] are now staring us all in the face to be handled and dealt with. Not sure what's out there to take for this, other than if we were to go to the doctor's -- but I do know that it should get better with time, just like the physical issues did when the detoxing period was in full effect.

I just read that you're only on day 12. I would give it a little more time and see if any of these symptoms start to slowly fade away for you. Everyone is different when it comes to the length of time needing to deal with certain aspects of detoxing and WD from narcotic pain killers and/or benzos.
I'm day 47 CLEAN off of an 8-10 Norco habit a day x's 3 years and I STILL SUFFER from ANXIETY.. (notice the CAPS!)  

I DO know that if I get a little EXERCISE in there every day I feel better but most days I just wake up (at 4:00 am) and feel like I NEED to do SOMETHING..ANYTHING.. I feel like I'm 'JONES' .  Yikes!  I HATE that feeling!

Soooo, I just  GET -UP and take a walk (or go ride my horse) and that SEEMS to make me feel a LITTLE less anxious.. at least for the moment..

So for all of you out there suffering thru this ANXIETY ISSUE.. Please let me know if you've found ANYTHING to help settle you down,..... Non narcotic and Non benzo...

I'm too many days CLEAN to go back to using...

I was taking L-Tyrosine, Vitamin B Complex and Vitamin C but I'm cutting out the L-Tyrosine as I think it makes me "feel" more anxious...

Yes peaceinknowing.. I know it'll take time for me and I am only on day 15, I in no way expect the anxiety to go away that soon. I was just curious as to why it is such a huge part of recovery, the psychology of it.  I think it was probably the worst part of recovery for me, personally.  But each day gets better and better and I'm almost anxiety free already... which is crazy because it almost went away over night.  I also asked how long it lasted for people because I'm curious if it differs for everyone, or if it's about the same, or if it may be tied to how long ppl were using.  

NorcoQueenoftheUniverse - CONGRATS on 47 days... that is amazing!!!  Do you have anxiety all day? Is it worse in the mornings?
For me the only thing to help settle me down is, like you said - excersise.  Also reading a good book - kinda gets your mind off things, and music.  Sometimes even going for a little drive, windows rolled down, & good music blasting!  LOL it sounds funny, but it really does make me feel good.
Thanks for your comment... I do find that my ANXIETY is WORSE in the morning.. and... I'm THINKING that THAT is when I woke up and TOOK A PILL... so that may have something to do with it... good insight on your part!  

And.. as you said.. I DO FIND that EXERCISE does help me... walking works... BEING WITH MY HORSE and riding is even better... AND....If I can MUSTER up the ENERGY to do BOTH.. (walking & riding) I'm GREAT....

Thanks sweet pea for your response and you just gave me some insight on WHY I FEEL ANXIOUS IN THE MORNNG....(it was Pill time for me AND now it's NOT)

50 DAYS CLEAN!  

ANXIOUS but OKAY!