Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Anxiety after smoking weed

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Anxiety after smoking weed

I smoked weed with 3 of my friends and felt really weird and panicy none of my friends felt it either. and now ever since i feel anxeity, just always worried and think the worst of things, and i'v had trouble sleeping as well and just haven't felt my self.none of my friends are feeling this either so i know it wasn't laced it has some thing to do with me...i read up that in some people it can cause anxiety disorders but i just want o know if any one has had this and please could you help me get better :)
Are you taking prescription medicatio like topamax or risperdal because these should not be used with weed.
My advice is to quit smoking weed........
I agree with sara
well weed certainly doesn't agree with you. of course stay away, you did not like it anyway.  you are letting your imaginations carry you away. it was an unpleasant experience, but you are alright. dust yourself off and feel the way you want to. don't worry what anyone else is thinking.
this is a good experience for you to remember. enough of experimenting with drugs. you can see from this forum it is not a pretty path to go down. nor an easy one to get off of.
i get extreme anxiety when i smoke weed.  i also become extremely anti social.  i have actually smoked a bowl and gone to the grocery store to get food and have been so panicky that i sat in the parking lot and never ended up going in just ended up going home.  i have never understood how people can smoke weed and function on a day to day basis.  

the irony is i have my medical marijuana card for crhons disease and i basically have to smoke every time i am having an attack, it's the only thing that helps!  but then i am so mentally distraught that i think i am going to die from the attack but the stomach pains subside.

but ya, probably just don't smoke pot, the only time i ever do is when i am having an attack.
yes i had the exact same thing happen to me the night i smoked i got really nervous about everything and just completely freaked out and for the next like week and a half i couldnt sleep much at all and i know this sounds weird but i was always questioning if i was awake or i was dreaming it was the worst feeling ever and nothing helped it but it went away by itself really really weird and i will never smoke again i wont even be around people when they are smoking it because of that
Why should you not smoke weed while on Topamax? I take 50mg 3x a day and am a daily smoker, am I causing potential harm to myself?

Thanks,
Dave
SCI C5/C6
well thanks for the replys guys. i did some more research and it's a common side affect for some people...the neurotransmitters in the brain are out of order and are trying to stable out and it's making me feel worried and anxious.

MM9542
I used to get just a little panicky when in the early days when I smoked pot. I suggest being very careful, because my anxiety was finally set off after smoking a blunt one night. I had never really bothered worrying about that uneasy feeling I used to get before and now I feel like my life is going completely down the drain. I am just giving my advice: smoke all you want, but be careful that you don't end up like me.