Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Any Advice

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Any Advice

I have a step sister who we believe well actually know that her and her husband both use different drugs. I know that she experimented with them in High School but never really picked it up, until a few years ago. Now everything is going down hill, they have two girls one is 10 and the other is 4. She has completely changed, she will steal random things from us, and she even has gotten credit card offers out of our mail box and activated them. We will catch her doing these things and it is so exchausting. My stepdad doesn't want to admit that she has a problem and only wants to blame it all on the husband. I don't know what to do anymore, we have tried to intervine and get her in a treatment facility but several attempts have failed. We don't know what to do anymore.
If she is stealing from you to support her habit then the only thing you can do is to get the authorities to intervene on your behalf.  My ex sister-in-law has done this to her family for the past 15 years and the only thing that helped was a court ordered drug treatment stay.
Are the children being taken care of? The children will suffer in the household of an addict even if they don't seem to be from outside appearances. If they let you I would spend some quality time with the children, they need it.
I agree with dovt on the stealing issue, although if you get the authorities involved it might close the chance of helping the children.....
It is a painful situation for sure for all of the family I would attend alanon or narconon to get support and pamphlets  that would help.  
PS anyone know how to spell  narconon  (I'm an addict, alcoholic, I never went there)
Tough love isn't always easy to practice, but if you don't start to do it right now you will simply be enabling your step sister to continue using drugs.
You will be doing her and her children a huge favor. The kids need someone to advocate for them-let the adults take care of themselves. They can either choose to get clean or suffer the consequences of choosing to continue with the drug use.
Calling the police if they steal again is what you should do. If the children are not being properly cared for it behooves you to call CPS/DSHS or whatever agency it is in your state that looks out for children.
Good luck-keep a positive outlook on things. By practicing tough love and making the hard choices, you may very well save your step sisters life.
Greatgreebo

The sentence "you will be doing her and her children a huge favor" should have "by starting the tough love now" added to the end :-)