Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Any advice for addict trying to get off cocaine?

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

I have been snorting cocaine a couple times a week for five years.  I have never felt so controlled by anything!!  It cost me my marriage, a beautiful house, and a great career but still I do it!  Rehab is not an option for various reasons.  Does anyone have an alternative idea to beat this addiction??  I've heard they are working on a drug that blocks the receptor in the brain that cocaine affects similar to the way the new smoking drug works.  Any info on that drug?  Are there any testing facilities taking volunteers?
     Also, does anyone know how cocaine use affects your intestines, colon, ect?
Tags: cocaine
I can't answer your questions as I only used occasionally years ago but some one will be along that will be able to. Welcome to the forum and congratulations on realizing you need help to get off it.
I did that for the same amount of time "I've heard they are working on a drug that blocks the receptor in the brain that cocaine affects similar to the way the new smoking drug works"  it damages the dopamine(sp) uptake.  Your receptor fade and less dopemine(sp) can get in them.  This results in your wanting the coke because it can make you feel better.  You have to stop for a while so that the receptors can heal -and can attach dopamine(sp).  This can take a very long time.  I went to a dr and was put on meds to help.  I couldn't stop all at once - i had to tapper because of the bad feeling - the dopamine couldn't attached or get threw - OMG i hope i am right on this one
Dont think you can wait for a silver bullet drug to take care of your problems...I have a 40 some year acquaintance with the mystery powder....during the 70's it was fun....I was young and indestructable - and it was quite popular during disco fever....then the crack epidemic hit - - I was actually doing three years of Federal time when the rocks started showing up. So I only have enough experience with crack to know that it steals souls. Today I have memories of partying days - I also have a large bag of pills (not fun ones) to keep my liver, heart, thyroid, stomach and gallbladder functioning. - - - Go fishing for a few days and dont take any blow with you - you will be amazed at how little physical things are involved with stopping coke use - but hang on cause it comes back mentally in dueces.....but it can be done - and more easily than with the opiates. Just keep those triggers in check. Good luck!
Lets keep it simple...
I use cocaine sometime too.......

The only thing u can do is learn to be a fitness freak or sportsfreak and workout 4times a week  or something...... so when you crave you go run 10 miles or something and the high will be 10 times better than cocaine afterwards... and stays HOURS

So you life for the sport... and leave the drugs behind.... and still got a great high too!